1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Did you have a terrible accident? A trip, a fall and somehow landed on Le Shuttle?

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

The downside is you now have to live in black and white and start smoking while staring vacantly into the distance.

[​IMG]

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

She must have one hell of a bonfire in her lungs!

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

To be fair, the middle distance is arguably the best distance

5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

[​IMG]

A passable new world cigar and a decent book.

The world is a quieter place once the kids are in bed :hehe:

6. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

Bienvenue dans le quartier du désert.

Congratulations on the move, I look forward to seeing your posts in the DIY thread closely followed by the "what's ruining your life" one, if my experiences of DIY on an old French house are anything to go by (3rd attempt to fit a new toilet today and that was only successful because I removed all previous pipework back to the main extraction pipe and fitted new ones I'd fabricated with things like correctly angled bends, PVC pipe glue not cement and whatever glue was lying around on the farm and oh yes an actual drop in the correct direction

Good luck!

perplekks45, Isitari, IanW and 2 others like this.
  7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Finding enjoyment in PC's again, in particular building them. No videos, no in-progress shots fannying around with tripods and lighting, no marketing or social media, no ********, no ego trips. Just building the best pc for the money, bit of tinkering and tuning, with a mild bit of cable work. Just handed the keys of one to an old friend, who got me to build a PC for his son. The look on his kid's face when he saw it for the first time was proper heart warming stuff.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Turning any hobby into a job ruins it. I had several jobs doing things I loved, got totally sick of them fast.

9. adidan

Sage words.

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

It's great isn't it. I have a video of a friends son dancing round his bedroom on Christmas day when he lays eyes on his PC I built. I'm glad to see you're not the total arsehole you make out to be on Discord :grin:

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I am, but only to those I truly love :grin:

keef247 and adidan like this.
  12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Working from home in the office for the first time since the move.

Natural sunlight coming in, no day time TV and a bright blue sky and green field view to my right

This is nice. I like this.

13. adidan

Forgot to say, yesterday was a mini win.

Now my brain has its own way of working, often randomly thinking of the smallest probability things that could happen.

My OH has often been annoyed that I switch off at the wall the hairdryer she leaves on the floor.

Now one of my arguments has always been "well, it's possible the cat could hit the small switch in just a way to turn it on".

I always got the response "stop talking bollox, lol".

Now, as my OH was sleeping in yesterday and I was already up I suddenly heard this random noise and thought wtf is that?.

Then I hear some stomping around and it goes quiet before "I don't believe it! The cat turned the hair dryer on!"

Now the awesome thing is hearing those three little words. No not those ones. The "you were right".

So smugness engaged and possible future cat caused hairdryer house fire averted. :happy:

14. Vault-Tec

Today was like Christmas day. I was stuck at home for over two weeks as I had a shrink appointment (that went very well, and I finally got something added for my anxiety). All the while stuff was arriving here at mum's. It was like torture lol.

IanW and adidan like this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Iphone. Man things have changed since I had a 4S. It is far less hateful, and I got it all set up fast. I was envisioning having to write down all of my unames and passwords, but all I had to do was install Chrome, and then share its passwords with Safari.

Byron C likes this.
  16. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I think the transition that way is not too bad. The issues come if you ever want to swap back to android. Apple do not like to share your data, at least with you.

17. Vault-Tec

TBH from the past 24 hours I doubt I would bother going back. Every time I've bought a new phone I have had all of these grand plans, like buying gaming phones to game on and then doing nothing of the sort. Older I get the less I seem to need any of that, so if the phone keeps doing what it is doing so far it is more than good enough for me. It does everything I do on a phone. Last night I was knackered (eyes were tired after spending all day setting it up) so instead of hopping on the LAN night I watched it over a stream.

Edit. On the phone.

Byron C likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Oh and one of those aww moments. On another forum I use we have a "what made you laugh today" thread. Yesterday a Norwegian guy on there (who works for a company who programs software for phones) posted this.

So customer complained to our customer care in work today. Really anxious and stubborn on the phone, so first line passed it over to second line to try and get it resolved. They couldnt get to the bottom of it. Apparently the man was about 80-90 years old, and struggling with todays mobile technology.

As an act of pity and kindness, they asked me to support them. I never deal with customers in our company, as im more on the core networks engineering side, but I said ill try and help.

between my imperfect Norwegian and his stuttering and panic, I asked him to send me a screenshot, or picture of the screen display. I also said that customer care will call him back to help him do that but he responded with "its ok, I know how to do it"

Couple of days went by and I thought no more of it. But then customer care gave me a call almost crying with laughter. Could barely understand what she was saying from the hysterics.

It turns out that the old man had his own solution. He took his phone, put it in a photocopying machine, scanned the phone and printed it. Then hand delivered the picture to one of our local dealerships.

10/10 for ingenuity. But the picture he made when I saw it had me in tears from laughter too. Even scribbled on the sheet pointing to his issue. [​IMG]

And it totally made my day.

Isitari, IanW, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I asked my boss a few days ago when the new salary would come into effect because I hadn't heard back for a while, thinking the change might've just slipped through. Received an email from my CEO today saying "sorry, it slipped through. Your bonus will be part of your April salary, as will your new salary level. Oh, and that will be paid retroactively for January as well."... stunning.

Pete J, Byron C, MadGinga and 3 others like this.
  20. keef247

keef247 Modder

Winning! But more importantly how good did the cats hair look after the styling? Was it just a blowdry or did it rock the straighteners as well ready for a night on the tiles?