1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

New pc bitz... they suck [relative to what i had] but they work...

2. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Just received an email from the Designer of the Antenna I ordered its been despatched today and should be with me tomorrow this is one very chuffed Radio Ham bye bye home brew crappy indoor wire antenna hello awsum 11 element Yagi Beam antenna

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Found a couple old book gift cards stuffed in my wallet

Checked the value on one to find a measly £2.04 but the other had a nice £58 still on it!

Was given to me by my grandad during Uni to buy all my books for me and I simply couldn't use all the money he had provided, I think he gave me around £300 over the years and even buying a few books of my own interest I still have cash left.

Sort of wish you could trade these back in for a partial cash refund can't see me ever using it without wasting it.

4. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Hurrah. I love it when stuff like that happens.

Wait.........DeadP1xels........I remember you!

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Finally got everything I needed to do, done. Been so busy it's a bit of a relief.

I also taught my Cat his first trick, the high five :thumb:

Last edited: 3 Sep 2014
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Hearing I'm the topic of conversation at my Gfs work, the only reason being people comment on how much she's beaming and happy (she says) its because of me.

I'd like to think I'm a nice person to meet anyway but so far all the people I've met (friends or family) have been unbelievably welcoming to me, I can't seem to do wrong.

Its a warm fuzzy feeling to be so happy with someone and knowing they're feeling the exact same way about you.

I'm spending a long weekend with her now after a pretty dull week so it should be nice :)

Its also the first month in a while i'm starting without being overdrawn

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Got the mrs. copy of Sims 4 in the post, she'll be happy. I'm not much of a fan but it's the one game she plays. Women, eh?

8. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I got permission from my boss to take a half-hour lunch every day instead of an hour, which means I can get home earlier after work or eat breakfast with my family. Awesome.

Also, I work fast enough that I often end up with nothing to do at work for periods of time. My superiors know this, but have to prepare work for me. They can't produce work for me as fast as I can accomplish it. Nice. That or there's a break in the feedback loop that I need to improve to help them get me more work.

9. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]​

Went for a dry run this morning prior to a charity ride in 2 weeks time - I did 50 miles, no breaks to rest my legs - pretty good time for riding a 26" mountain bike on a not flat loop (x5).

Charity ride will be 48.3 miles on a flat(ish) course around Glastonbury for BHF

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Just adopted a rescue. He was rescued from a pet shop that caged him for too long, and then he was taken by a family that neglected him entirely. He's something like a year old, but there's no real documentation or anything. He seems a bit out of sorts, but he handled the vet visit like a champ and we'll know more from the bloodwork tomorrow.

Over the course of the day he's become completely attached to me, to the point that I can't take a piss with the loo door closed because he'll start scratching at it. feelsgoodman.png

Here he is, happy as a clam on the journey home this morning:

[​IMG]

:)

11. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

^

Looks like a fun chap - have a great time with him, he's finally landed right way up on his paws :thumb:

12. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

He's a fine looking dog! Adorable little face! :D Have fun!

13. stonedsurd

Oh, and I forgot to mention — we've named him Patton, after the general. We're all a bit military-obsessed in my family, so it worked out nicely and everyone agreed. :D

It's 3am and he's sleeping at my feet while I try desperately to pare down 39 pages of text to 24 in time for my reckoning tomorrow morning. This should be in the other thread...

14. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Whilst that sounds good right now, and it is great that the dog has taken to you quickly, I would recommend that you start acclimatising it to you not being around.

Even if it is only for short periods of time, like 5 minutes, I appreciate that the dog is a rescue and may have been neglected, but you need to show him that being left alone isn't a permanent thing.

Nice.looking dog by the way.

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Awesome new best friend dude! Glad he found a loving home eventually :)

stonedsurd likes this.
  16. stonedsurd

:thumb: noted

I'm at work right now (will be for about 12 hours today) and my sister is unemployed so she's keeping him company at home. We always have someone or another at home, so I'm sure he'll adjust ok.

17. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Confirmation today that I will be going to Vegas for a week in December; 3 days work, 4 days party time :rock:

18. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :waah: He looks very cute. Look after your new friend! :)

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

A huge collection of cuban cigars.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Just ordered my passport now to get the declaration/photos all sent off. I should be attending an event in Sweden next month. Can't say what it is in regard right now. Expect some photos being linked somewhere soon.

I am also going to EGX London later this month and then MCM Comicon.