1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

My new sofa (finally) arrives on Saturday :D

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Congratulations.

[​IMG]

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

ha! :eyebrow:

Thanks, I think...

4. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Got married, life is cheap again!! No more fine dining, no more day trips to pretentious places with pretentious people.. just me, the wife and the dog :)

Beans on toast will become the main part of diet and I finally have some control over the sky remote :D

5. MadGinga

I have that, but then I get blamed when I don't record shows she wants to watch!
    Not that she bothers to mention she wanted to watch it, before its been and gone...

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Install the Sky+ app on her phone. Then it's her problem.

It can program your Sky box from anywhere on earth, but can only read what the box has already recorded on your own wifi.

7. MadGinga

She knows how to do it, its not like she cant use the Sky planner on the sky box... its just she seems to expect me to do it; even though she is at home all day (albeit supposedly working).

For the record, I use the Sky+ app on my phone, tablet; I also use nevermiss and get the weekly updates from Sky for new programmes.

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Lego. Watched an awesome documentary on Lego the other day and it was fascinating...dream job for many people, I'd say - a little bit like working at Google HQ, but possibly even better. What's even better is that my son is now old enough to tinker with Lego (with supervision) so let's say the living room has become...the Lego Room. :D

9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

New Anno coming in November

10. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Prescription Oakley Racing Jackets finally arrived - they're awesome and actually let me see properly in the sun for the first time in years - a long overdue purchase that has zero buyers remorse* attached.

Wife paid for them as a birthday pressie

11. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I finally figured what I'm doing for my book idea. And I scrapped it because i'm crud at writing.

Art however, is something I can do. So I decided to make my idea more of a conceptual art book. I'll peel my pain and pin it to a canvas. I'm no digital artist either, so it's all going to be physical, handmade art.

I've honestly never felt so motivated to start a composition. I've completely lost any kind of inspiration or motivation to even pick up a pencil lately; I finally feel as though I can.

12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

New cooker and fridge freezer both silver in colour delivered tomorrow managed to get twenty quid off even though I made a bit of a boo boo about a promotion that I moaned about which actually did not apply to the good I was buying.. New kitchen fitted in a couple of weeks.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sounds good.

14. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Just today to go then 4 days off.

Going to be heading up to Buxton for a long weekend away with a load of family members who have travelled over from Norway. I cannot wait as it will be the first time that I have met some of them and others I have not seen for a few years.

We will have pretty much taken over the whole B&B as there will be 22 of us in all.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Loving life, I'm Independant I've already settled into work going to get paid in a week more than I've ever had in my bank account at one time. Even once I've paid my car loan and rent I'll still have more money than I've ever been paid before. It's not even the start of the perks and I'm loving it.

Next target is saving a chunk a month to (in a few years) have a tasty deposit for a house!

Who knew I was so conventional... :)

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Fridge/freezer and cooker arrived today. Fridge in use in the living room cooker still in packaging. Both silver so now she needs the washing machine to match so research one of these. To be honest I agree, white washing machine with silver fridge and cooker not good.
    Still await a start date for the kitchen refit. Handles doors and work-tops selected though.

17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Turns out one the teachers that taught me in school is a paedo who fooled around with 'countless' students 13-17 over the years, including when I was there. No, that isn't awesome but everyone seems to be so shocked by it. I saw it coming, i saw that he always helped the girls, split classes up into genders on opposite sides of the class, had exclusively girls in his class at lunch. I hated the guy, he was creepy. Also, it's pretty convenient that all of the people who were so shocked are all women and girls, no?

Being validated is awesome though.

18. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

It's here, it's bigger than I remember and it's oh so comfortable!!
    :D

19. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

3 weeks into my new job, and I quite enjoy it. It's been a bit slow but the company and people I work with have been great. Even better, it's a very casual environment - I can wear jeans and nice tops / golf shirts. The last 3 weeks have kinda just flown by!

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Just come back from a braai.

Starts pissing down with rain 5 minutes after putting on the meat.

4 South Africans (incl myself) standing around the braai, just grab an umbrella each, another beer, and carry on cooking.

Rain stops just in time for the gigantic texan steak to go on the coal fire.

I am so stuffed right now...