1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Due to my diet of Fortisip I have been unable to trust them for the past 9 years.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Today is indeed a good day to fart hard. Fart hard with a vengeance.

No, there's no reason for a random Bruce Willis reference.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

12 hours of blissful sleep.

The night before last I just could not sleep. Even with my pills. I ended up getting to sleep around 2:30 knowing I had to be up at 7 yesterday. I would imagine that is partially why I fell arse over tit too. Got into bed at 5:30 yesterday evening. Watched a couple of gangster flicks, then some Masterchef. Fell asleep around 9 ish and woke up at 9. I guess I needed it. Don't feel too achy today either. Usually if I have a fall I hurt for days.

Byron - I'm at the point of having to sit in the toilet just so I can tell whether it's a fart or something else. I passed the checkwipe stage a few days back. Can only think that it must be a bout of IBS due to stress which would make sense with the flat etc. Ah well. Last time I could fart safely was at my mother's house on Saturday night and boy did I fart. Had a proper session, just like the old days when I used to live there :D

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

One must NEVER trust a fart.

Treat farts as you would your in-laws : with supreme suspicion, and immediately leave the area if one shows up.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I came up with a new name for a poo. Please bear in mind this is incredibly childish, but then so am I. We all know of the common names (Ghost poo, when you poo and there is nothing in toilet, clean poo where you poo and nothing on the paper, hot tar poo (needs no explaining) and so on). However, during my "normal" phase a few weeks ago I did a few poos that I came up with a name for. The High Tide Poo. Where you poo and it is so big that it almost blocks the toilet. You flush, the water rises almost to the top, then it goes down.

Still love the Manhole Poo from Family guy. "A manhole poo is where you have a hard lump of poo with lots of soft diarrhoea behind it. When you sit on the toilet and push the manhole cover flies out".

Oh and I got my cold weather payment in today. Finally I can actually turn on my heating without cacking myself.

6. adidan

Indeed. I never trust a word you say Dave. :winking:

MLyons and David like this.
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

aha ha, good one

I hate you

MLyons and adidan like this.
  8. adidan

I know :)

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

In September the US Navy announced it was scrapping the £30k joystick developed by Lockheed Martin for their new Virginia class submarines and will be using an Xbox controller instead which costs around 30 quid, yet again expensive does not necessarily mean better.
    Love it.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Just got to work to find my CAD software (which IT were supposed to update last night after I left) has been completely removed instead.

Now sitting here posting this instead of finishing my tasks, and it's not my fault! :D

11. adidan

Enforced idleness = awesome

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm sad to report that the enforced idleness only lasted another 90mins after my last post. The IT guy finally turned in and re-installed the missing programs.

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Ah the 'angel turd' - and it's not a real one unless you don't wipe to check.

(Don't look at me, I don't make the rules)

14. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

You've all forgotten the "Neptune's Kiss" poo....

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Amazon Customer Services.
    My trusty Dell C1760nw laser printer threw a wobbly a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was dead. I ordered a set of cheap cartridges from Amazon, not the usual brand.
    I installed Black & Cyan toner carts yesterday, and it's all back in action and printing homework/invoices madly :clap:
    After that, I immediately went in Amazon CS chat, (no way to email easily apparent), and although the carts were over 30 days old got an immediate refund and a return label emailed in 2 mins.
    No quibbles at all - I'm impressed!
    I think I dealt with an AI chat , as the dialogue was a bit stilted - result nevertheless.

16. adidan

I prefer AI chat, it's always more human that a person.

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The ones I get are not in fact even the humans don'tsound human.
    They all seem to be Asian where there understanding of written English is naff, Hermes and Groupon to name but two I have dealt with recently and with both companies I have utterly failed to resolve what were very simple issues.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2017
  18. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Daughter won herself a Blue Peter badge :)

MLyons, Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Are they still doing these, I thought it would have been an emoji or some such in the 21st century? But tell her well done from me a complete stranger who of course we teach our children to be wary of.

MLyons and Arboreal like this.
  20. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Yep, Blue Peter badges are a still thing, and they still get you into loads of cool places for free. They had to pause the system for a while a few years back as there was a growing black market for them (fakes 'n' all) on eBay. Back then anything that looked like a Blue Peter badge would get you unlimited free access into Alton Towers etc.
    Nowadays, Merlin have pulled out of the system and as well as a badge you have to get a photo ID card that gets you in places, or you send off for vouchers or something like that.
    In fact they have more badges now, green ones etc depending on what you do.