1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

At least they showed St James Park what sport is though... and what it looks like full of people who want to be there...

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dunno about that. In the past 2 seasons i've seen Newcastle play Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City and have yet to see them lose (1 draw, 2 wins) :lol:

Maybe I should get a season ticket, seem to be a lucky charm.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

"Ignition Fault" Oh seriously just piss offfffff!!!!!

On a positive note, the car drives and its not came up the last few times I've taken it for a spin

I don't need this headache, be gone car demon!

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Does OBD give you any better idea whassup...?

5. RedFlames

Still unresolved... still getting dicked around...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Being totally skint (well aside from the bill money, savings and buffer). I don't understand why I rushed out and bought the ps4 without thinking it through, and I have plenty of food etc but I want to bring a bike home and don't have a cover or a lock so I've had to sit here for 9 days unable to go and get/put back together the bike.

I think it's the change in budget that's thrown me. Also, until I get a proper leccy bill (this month I hope) so that I know how much to budget for and the water bill (only five months until I get an idea of that!) I don't know what the cost of living is here so I am putting away £250 per month. Which may well be far too much, but I just don't want to get a huge bill I can't afford to pay.

Boo to paranoia ffs.

7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wish I was that bloody skint. with the
    *tipitty tap
    £12.54 in my bank account
    If you're skint how are you getting a new bike?

8. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

My take was old/existing bike, new home...

9. RedFlames

On what planet is 'oops, i randomly bought a PS4' combined with 'bills paid + savings and 'oh ****' fund...' considered skint?

I wish i was that kind of skint...

Flash ******* ;).

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  10. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

If I remember correctly, @Vault-Tec had a number of bikes in his old flat and moved one or more of them into storage somewhere when he moved to his new flat. So old bike, new home, as @Jeff Hine says.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

The planet of someone who has anxiety about having enough money to cover their outgoings? Again, based on what I remember of V-T's situation, so if this isn't accurate then I apologise.

12. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

My version of skint is taking the begging bowl to The Boss to get PC upgrade bits...

I may have my name on a bank account, but that's as far as my 'power' extends. :(

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Completely forgot about that. Makes sense. I thought he'd fully finished moving

14. Vault-Tec

Yeah it's all based on anxiety and worry. Even if I became a millionaire I would still brick it all of the time. The only time it even relieves slightly is the 27th when they all go out. I'm usually relaxed for a few days, then the crushing worrying begins again.

I mean for example I'm putting £250 per month away for my bills right now. I phoned Eon and gave a meter reading and I've used £43 in the last month and that includes the standing charge. I did a estimated water bill of £214 but calculated it on £30 per month based on my old flat and with everything like insurance and BT etc it came to £163 and that was with me upping my Eon payment to £65 just in case....

So I'm overdoing it by at least £90 right now.

The bike is new and never ridden but yeah, was bought and paid for last year. It's in mum's loft I need to get it down.

To any one else? Let me explain a few things, not that it's any one's business to judge me.

Do I get money coming in? Yes, yes I do. Does it make me happy? Content? Safe? No. Not at all. In fact it usually makes me ill sorting it all out. Life is not much fun for an autie with bipolar disorder, social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia.

That basically means that for around 95% of my life I'm either depressed, suicidal, scared crapless about everything because I'm like a child trying to live like an adult or scared to leave the house (haven't done so in 9 days now but my care worker is due on Wednesday and I'm going to morrissons with her).

I bite my nails ripping them out at the side. They get infected and the pain is excruciating (whitlows). It's so bad I have to wear gloves in the house. I take 5 different meds causing weight gain, breast growth, joint pain and osteoporosis and so on.

If you really think my life is fun then think again. If you had a dog that had to live my life you'd consider euthanasia.

Just remember, what you see on a forum is not the full story. I live in protected sheltered housing for a bloody good reason, and you can't and don't live here if you're living the life of reilly.

Byron C likes this.
  15. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

So like... everyone and anyone ever?

16. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not exactly life ruining but rather annoying!

I love my "Bouncy" songs, Punchy Bass lines, like Wigan Pier, Maximes, Pleasure Rooms and many more think of the likes of "Blackout Crew - Put A Donk On It or Bbbbbounce", so about 2 weeks ago I found on Ebay a seller, selling 4200+ bouncy songs for £11 or there about's and I thought bargain lot's of tunes to listen to and worth the money.

I bought it and spent a little while downloading them all and extracting them all, moving them in to folders etc and then started looking at the list.

Found out that most of the songs are over 6 minutes each which would not normally be a problem but they are no way to be considered "Bouncy" songs they instead are very slow and have do not have the bass lines that are associated with the likes of Wigan Pier etc.

Then to top it off, most of the songs have anything from 2 to 15 different versions of the same song just a different remixes.

So waste of money really, and whilst I could get a lot of them from YouTube or pay for YouTube Red to remove the ad's I would rather have them either on CD or on my PC paid for, and then put them on my phone for in my car.

So now I need to keep looking around for somewhere that sells some decent albums.

17. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Well no, not really. Read V-T's post and then decide if you want to try and be a smartarse about this, eh?

Arboreal likes this.
  18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

And @Vault-Tec , you don't have to justify yourself on here, man. I think most decent people understand that you don't have your troubles to seek, so don't worry about it.

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  19. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Sure I've read them.

I'm not judging anyone. This:
    Isn't, or certainly shouldn't be unique. Not having anxiety about money management regardless of one's financial position sounds either irresponsible or downright crazy.

V-Ts issue is managing anxiety, whether it's about money or housing or family or whatever else. And to be clear I'm not making a diagnosis here or pretending I know what's going on in his head because I don't (and neither do you or anyone else), this is something he's posted himself time and time again.

Now if you had suggested "The planet of someone with anxiety management issues" - then yes, agree.

On the other hand posting "I'm super skint I only have enough money to pay for bills and save up" whilst regularly cross-posting new shinies in the latest purchases thread and not expecting it to rub people up the wrong way is a bit daft.

Last edited: 13 May 2019
  20. Vault-Tec

Oh yeah as for the PS4.

I get around £80 a week all told after the bills etc. This needs to cover luxuries like vape liquid and coffee. Oh and of course travel which is £30 every time I visit my mother. Because I've moved everything is unknown and really bloody scary right now. I got my whole month "me" money and it's like pull starting my brain. I will spend hours online trying to find something I "need" or "could use" and it's tiring and makes me bloody Ill. It's almost like I'm not happy or relaxed until that money is gone, so usually I waste it on something that costs enough to make it disappear.

This time however I did not do the sums, and it's left me trapped and housebound for two weeks. Stupid? Oh of course, but then that's me all over. It's like my brain stopped developing in almost every area when I hit 16. If anything it's ten times worse now because I don't have the hope you have as a kid.

And like I said none of it really means anything to me at all. Before I moved my poor mother was crying because she thought moving into a small flat and giving up loads of space and stuff would mess me up. But she doesn't get it either..... She wouldn't would she?

When I moved out I gave at least £300 of second hand stuff to Tre. In there was a Klipsch speaker dock I paid a King's ransom for, a two day old mobo and etc. I didn't want anything for it. In fact, it was a pleasure because he had just sorted his son out with a stereo but not his daughter. She now has that. That's important, that's a big deal.

If any one else was even slightly local to me I'd have given away a whole load more. Sadly the chair went in the skip.

But aye, none of it means anything. Not when you are still grieving the loss of your father, who died in 1981. You think anything could bring him back? Or make up for that loss to someone like me? No. Money? Can't buy him back, or a time machine.

It's my 'scars' that cause me the most damage. Like I say I still spill tears at least once a month over that and it happened 38 years ago.

I would strongly imagine that the only time I look peaceful or relaxed will be when I'm a corpse. Until then it's like a massive uphill slog.