1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

This is for a permanent position, I want to leave contracting for a while since I've not had my luck over the last 12 months.

I cracked, I sent the guy an email relating to some things we discused in the interview relating to Solidworks he was interested in and had never heard of. So it's a half n half. I didn't mention anything regarding there decision on hiring me or anything.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

13 year old woofmachine had to be put down because of a really aggressive tumour in his throat..

Of all the things he did/had done to him, kinda disappointed that something so crap took him out.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

So I went to the doctors on Friday with heavy chest pains. The initial diagnosis was stress, but I'm going back in a couple of weeks.

/Have violent rages on the same day.
    /Pre pay hundreds of pounds a few days before to get my mum set up with new monitors and rewire her entire office.
    /Spend days rewiring her office and my room.
    /Those monitors already fail and now have to be sent back at extra cost to myself and will leave me without a monitor.
    /Finally go to Scan today to pick up my own monitors when my card is declined and with my only ID being an old Igo pass, the woman in Scan thought I was using a stolen card.
    /A few days before when buying my mum's monitors, online banking also denied me access and I've had to go through numerous security checks.
    /I now have 2 rooms to fully rewire again.
    /GSCEs begin in just over a week.
    /Various other things at school are driving me insane.

Time to relax? Hell nao.

4. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Girlfriend broke up with me. Then in an unrelated incident I broke a €2m mass spectrometer. Which I can't get any help with repairing until Tuesday because apparently everyone else gets something called a "bank holiday" whatever that is.

Not my best week.

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Family friend has gone missing, not taken keys, wallet, phone or anything, has been complaining to his partner lately that he feels miserable and fed up with the daily grind & not seeing much of her ( due to working patterns ).

I hope he turns up okay after just clearing his head, but I get the distinct impression this is not going to have a happy ending ( he likes to go for walks along the coastal paths here in south east Devon ). :(

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Hit 110 on a round of golf :(

Plus I have a huge blister on my heel, should I pop it?

Last edited: 5 May 2013
  7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Gout.

OH MY ****ING GOD THE PAIN! CUTTING THE ****ING THING OFF WOULD BE LESS PAINFUL!

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not one of ours, is it?

9. longweight

Really? Gout?

10. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Minimodder

Been there. Cut out red meat and booze. Not had an attack for ages.

I'm fairly good with pain, but it was unbearable. It's the uric aid crystallising and the jaggy edges kicking ass in your joints. Unpleasant.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Lost my flat keys, only had the place damn 3 weeks!

Search everywhere! but by chance we did leave a window open (normally don't) so now have to get a ladder climb up and jump in (first floor)

12. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I think you should pop the blister as penance for the shabby round. :hehe:

13. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Well, alongside all the stress and suddenly apparent anger issues, with the help of concerned family after me also being ill and having all sorts of other stuff, I've lost a ridiculously unhealthy amount of weight and I'm quite ashamed of that. The weight loss, the anger outbursts, all of it.
    I haven't even been able to walk with my back and shoulders straight and frankly, that makes me feel utterly ridiculous. Suffice to say, things aren't going well.

14. longweight

It is too big to pop! It would be agony walking with it.

Round scores are coming down but 110 is way too high.

15. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

dammit

on a whim i decided to remove my headphone splitter from my desktop audio setup

my setup was pc -> asus xonar u3 -> splitter -> speaker amp -> speakers
                                                                            \-> headphones

and realized how much the splitter was hurting my sound quality

AND on top of that i just noticed the gain setting in the xonar's settings, it's been set to low this entire time... i'm not exactly using low impedance headphones here

i guess good news is that the sound quality i'm getting out of my headphones now is incredible, just hate that i've been using the wrong setup for so long

16. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Every time I log in, I have to restore the Asus sound card from headphones to speaker settings - something to do with auto detect. What I wanted to do was to plug a cable from the asus into the gfx card then use that to connect to the lg with HDMI and THEN use the headphone socket on the back of my monitor.
    No such luck...

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Relationship complete meltdown.

Meeting for one of them "let's not be together anymore" soon!

18. Piotrek_PL

Piotrek_PL What's a Dremel?

Every time I plug in any USB mass storage device like pendrive, the volume setting changes to max... Really annoying, especially at night. have no idea what to do with it ..

19. longweight

Have you tried right clicking the speaker icon and going to sounds, communication and telling the computer to do nothing with sounds when the computer detects communication activity?

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

you know, the opposite happens with me

when i plug in my phone to charge foobar2000's volume halves, it's pretty wonky