1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

How the dickens are you working a 35 day? :D

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I suspect Uni has a massive system upgrade to complete before his customers return from Easter break.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You're half right Ian. I had an AV production job which started at 7AM yesterday, finished at 7AM today. I'm now in work (school) overseeing a team of network engineers completing our massive system upgrade which has to be completed before school opens again on the 28th - my job is not to complete any of this work, but there are lots of other jobs which I need to complete whilst there are no pupils or staff here. Today I'm locking up at around 6PM after the engineers leave, which makes it 35 hours.

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

More than likely it's the output transformer going and in all fairness I'm not surprised. The thing is still using the original 60's transformers which weren't brilliant in the first place. She's still a solid tube amp and it's nothing I couldn't do myself, but it could prove costly either way if it does totally go. Thanks anyway! :)

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Tomorrow is my two interviews for my project, I'm pretty confident it will go good.

Having to go over why the original plan didn't work and why my programming isn't exactly flawless because I've worked 10hour days for the past 2 weeks rebuilding 40% of the project

I have to push through at least 2-3k words on the report before its beefed up enough where I can go back through and polish it to perfection.

Its a real balance of using the time to
    1) Look fantastic on project day for the industry visitors and give myself a decent chance.
    2) Get a flawless project mark in case nobody offers me anything.

Leave tomorrow 6am use the last hours of Tuesday and Wednesday to do as much as I possible can before the open day Thursday for the entire day. Then spend the rest of the time till 5pm on the Friday to make the last tweaks I can before the report has to be handed in.

Between then I have to fill in my lab book to hand in (WHY!??? its like a crappy version of the report) write a good CV just in case and possibly go buy a new shirt to go with my suit.

*tired* I wish Friday I could sit back and be relieved but then I have to revise for 3 impossible exams...

6. KidMod-Southpaw

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

My Focus :(

Went to pop out yesterday morning and it just wouldn't start. Sounded very laboured so I thought it might just be the battery which was on it's last legs anyway and swapped it out as I got a new Bosch battery for under £40.

So now it sounds like it is cranking much stronger, but just not starting. I think I have isolated the fuel system as the problem. I can't actually hear the fuel pump start up for a few seconds to pressurise the system as you normally can in position 2, if you haven'y got the radio/blowers on.

The fuses look ok, but I haven't actually had the fuel pump fuse out for a proper look as it is one of the big blade types and my fuse tool couldn't get it out. I will replace when I can remove it!

Hopefully it is just the fuse or the filter. Unfortunately being that I live in an apartment with a shared car park, I can't actually do any of the work myself and I can't get the car moved. So it will be fun paying for a fuel pump replacement!

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Errr being back at work is ruining my life right now after 4 days off :(

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My focus too!

Got in this morning and the clutch pedal has no resistance behind it.

Think my clutch has completely gave in :(

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Update: The day that seemingly wouldn't end did so at 6PM yesterday, after which I drove home and promptly went into a small coma for 11 hours :D

Despite everything I didn't feel that bad yesterday, and I feel absolutely fine today. It's amazing what the body can do on just a few hours sleep. I wouldn't be in a hurry to do the same stint again, but I would if I had to!

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Can't use office aircon due to the factory exceeding power usage on the incoming electricity lines (3-phase/200A - we thought we had 400A/phase).
    This caused the entire factory to blackout last Wednesday, and I hear it'll cost 30k to upgrade to 315A/phase.

12. DeadP1xels

You sure the cable hasn't just snapped/ or is about to snap?

Mine was like that one morning to work, it snapped on a roundabout managed to keep up enough revs in first on the occasional junction where I was forced to stop but managed to get it parked and arrange it to be towed home.

13. DeadP1xels

**** sake!

I went today and everything went fine, I noticed a broken cable very early on but it wasn't important.

Told my supervisor so he woulnt push at full functionality and told me to heatshrink them to make them clean and strong

I'm so close to punching a wall I can't even believe it, that so ****ing frustrating I cannot fathom what to do right now

Two flex sensors have given up due to fatigue and one more is on its way.... I've only checked one glove

I have less than a day till open day and zero chance of fixing this

That's most of my simplest functionality out the window, this project has finally brought me to my knees game over.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2014
  14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's safe to say my pc is buggered... won't boot from a hard drive and now won't boot from USB...

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

ITV's live stream of Chelsea v Athletico is sucking hard right now - about 1 minute's buffering for every 10 seconds of actual footage.

16. KidMod-Southpaw

Same here. It seems ok now though.

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I got into UCLA!

I mean I'm not on BT much anymore owing to Reddit and life taking over. But I GOT INTO A DECENT UC! WHOOOOO.

stonedsurd likes this.
  18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Nice! I kinda miss the old place. Lots of memories. :)

19. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Horrible thoughts getting more constant

I regularly visit someone in a tower block allot of stories up and last night i couldn't stop thinking about doing something to just get away from it all. The thoughts freaking scare me tbh and i try to think about other things to keep my mind away from it but its becoming harder as time goes on.

Thoughts like "It'll take you two seconds and that's it" debts, problems, issues, everything just wiped out in seconds...

Meanwhile I'm thinking GTFO of my head, I ain't doing nothing, Leave me alone and such. It's like i have a second voice in my mind arguing with me.

PS... Yes I'm crackers

20. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Its not exactly ruining my life but it is annoying the hell out of me, why are many males within the Computer/tech communities of the opinion that Female members are incapable of doing great products reviews it stinks , I have just been watching some reviews on Poo tube from Lauren of Tasty PC the girl is a great reviewer with informative and helpful reviews. All I see in the comments are idiot chauvinist males ignoring the reviews and making insulting/sexist remarks with no respect for the reviewer. As a member of the male community I wish to show that the majority of us are not that way inclined and do respect Lady reviewers many of whome can at times be better than male ones rant over sorry peeps had to be said it was doing my head in. Thankfully we don't get that crap on here