1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

there is only one time I ever lent forward and over the top kiss my dad, his face was a picture, he was shocked but in a good way.

he had just given me the game Populous,
    I couldn't believe it and was about as happy as I ever was.

Look were things are now,

Just one of those frames in the game used to take days to render, now its in real time.

amazing, that game looks absolutely stunning.

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

double post.(may as well use it for good).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Nice!

Wonder if the fog / low clouds in those Anno 2205 pictures are dynamic, It would be real nice to have fully dynamic weather and day/night cycles in 2205!

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thats pre rendered cgi, not ingame

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Oh :/

Ubisoft always did do good trailers. Shame about most of the actual games...

Still though, one can dream, Anno 2070 did have an engine that was good for showing the impact of Tornados, which would periodically appear depending on pollution levels, let alone the Tsunami related to the under water Geothermal plants from deep Ocean.
    Maybe the new engine will expand upon the weather features.

6. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Where's the best place to pre-order? Not sure if the CE is worth it though...

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Best value I've seen is getting the physical ce from ubishite themselves

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

so i hear you wanted a 40 min stage demonstration?

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Most interesting thing there was the revelation that 2205 would be single player only on release... a bit of a surprise to be honest. 2070 had the best of both worlds in that regard and even had a cool auto re-sync feather if one of you got disconnected or the game went out of sync due to connectivity errors.

So SP only but I bet it will still require a uplay login or constant connection for features to be accessible.

Also slightly confused point on the bridges, early on in the presentation, Dirk says players can build them. Yet later on, they access some new regions, where no cities are yet present and the bridges are already there o_0

Finally the Dams, I don't think he answered the question very well but I got the impression the guy who asked it wanted confirmation that adding a Damn would alter the water levels (similar to Cirties Skylines for example) but Dirk started talking about Terra-forming and weather effects not being in the game as they wanted to make a 'positive' game...

Yet later in the presentation they clearly make a point about micro meteor strikes on the moon damaging/destroying buildings. One can only hope, things like earth quakes or other accidents that could damage or destroy the damn and other objects and that it is possible to have Tsunami like effects down range. Disasters in 2070 made a great addition to the consequences of certain tech choices and IMO added hugely to the game.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2015
  10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I noticed this has hit Steam for pre-order (giving access to the beta) which I confess was tempting, until I saw the price... £50 for the standard edition and £60 for the Gold Edition.
    The Gold edition containing a season pass (yup pre-panned paid DLC), a digital artbook and soundtrack.

Personally I'd expect the standard edition to contain all the gold edition content for that price. I realise that some will not consider the price an issue but I picked up The Witcher 3 for half that price as a pre-order and it contain 16 pieces of free DLC... bit of a piss take IMO.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Get 100 uplay points, get 20% off voucher on uplay store. :)

12. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

That's a good tip but it still makes the cost 40 & 48 quid for both versions respectively, way over the typical price of PC games.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Last 2 years most big release titles have been £40 on pc minimum. Batman was £75 including season pass on steam. Witcher 3 is still £50 on steam add on season pass and your above £70 again. GTA 5 has only just went down to £40 now.

Or you could simply go on kinguin and pay £21 for it. Guess there will be options with season pass for sub £30 closer to release.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I suppose it depends what's in the season pass. If you consider Anno 2070, I'm fairly sure the game was about £30 and Deep Ocean was £15, making it £45 and that's without the extras of the deluxe version. While I'd consider £50-£60 expensive for a game, it seems like an average price if it includes the season pass to me.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Maybe on Steam ever since they adopted the Origin cost model but for ages, Amazon has been a bastion of physical and even digital copies being a more normal £25-35, sadly in the case of Anno, even Amazon are pre-ordering at nearly 45 quid.

RE Batman, yeah that was a b big phat rip off for a game that is being slated in reviews (PC version) and is almost the perfect example of why pre-orders are not good for the consumer.

Surely they should reward pre-order customers with lower prices for supporting them?

I can't help but wonder in they actually make less money from this practice, rather than more, as over high prices push more consumers to wait for better deals/sales later down the line. Why would I pay £50-60 now when in 3 months it will be less than half the price (and patched) or as you pointed out, use Kinguin and the like, so less overall money is paid to the dev/publisher.
    There is a good reason that historically PC games were always £15-20 less than console games, only now there seems some forced parity between the two.

Maybe i'm just in the skin flinty minority (or I just value my money more) but the idea of paying 50 quid for Anno (even if it ends up good) or even 60 to avoid getting an inferior version) is just horrid.
    Think about this in terms of a life time of game purchases, how much more you'd spend and for what gain? Sure you miss out on the release hype but if A-lie-ns colonial marines has taught us one thing, it's that hype is just a clever hook for the hopeful.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

Don't think I've pre ordered much in recent years myself for very similar reasons but prices are generally on the increase for video games.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i paid 60 quid for the special big box edition of 2070 when it came out but i nearly spat my tea at my monitor when i saw the steam only version of 2205 was £50.

theres another physical big box edition of 2205 for 60 quid again this time around but im seriously thinking they can go **** themselves for thinking they can get away with it.

18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The collectors edition of 2205 looks smaller than the one for 2070, it looks about the size of a dvd case just thicker.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh id rather the boat, beta is nice and all but i dont really want my experience tarnished by an unbalanced and potentially buggy game.