1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Anno 2205

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Gunsmith, 15 Jun 2015.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

The main point is not if any one prefers the boat or is ok with losing beta personally.

Issue is that in general fair terms they promised beta access.

They have then changed this, NOT communicated via any media outlets or EMAIL to any of the customers.

In my estimations the removal of beta access should have triggered a full customer base automatic refund policy and a follow up email to humbly request any "Fans", to please as it would be appericated to RE SIGN UP to the early access sign up but with out beta access.

You cant put lovely images and videos of the game out there, say If you sign up for nearly $100 you will get the beta, rope many millions of dollars in, then remove the beta.

Legally of course in the paperwork in the detail they will have had this covered but that is not fair and means nothing.

They promised beta access.

Would star citizen have as many people signing up if they could not at least get a taster of the game? answer is they would still get tons of people buying early access but those would be the terms from the off with chris.

Horrible behaviour from a software house whose job it is, is to bring fun and joy to peoples lives, not disappoint and mess people around.

amazing, I am impressed with the arrogance in them not even emailing the customer base, that is impressive and hard to believe.

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Typical behaviour from Ubisoft. So glad I finally learned the lesson about pre-order and haven't been baited by promises like this in a good while now.

Even at £20-25 quid from a key site, the loss of beta access is a big blow and should act as a deterrent from anyone with common sense.

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

^+1

Edit:
    How so? It's released in 3 months. If it's anything like the Battlefield betas, it's no big loss.

Last edited: 3 Aug 2015
  4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I guess that depends on which side of the fence you sit. It was a big draw, hence the reason ubisoft (and many other company's) now use beta access as a pre-order incentive. Going back on the original offer stinks and for me raises some concerning questions, like why? If the game is so good, ready for release in only 3 months, then why remove beta access unless they are hiding something?

5. loftie

loftie Multimodder

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oooooooo

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

he sucks at building BUT he does shut up a few mins in and basically leaves you to analyse everything in peace.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yes, VERY pretty and cool to see an arctic biome! I still don't trust Ubishaft though.
    Presumably they are saving the desert biome and under the ocean for DLC?

For those intent on pre-ordering, I noticed the that the Digital pre-orders from the Ubishop that Physical collectors Edition was the same price as the Digital Gold Edition (£59.99). With the Standard digital edition costing £49.99....

Now I get to some extent the collectors edition cost, about average for those type of versions but the digital only costs are hilariously high.

Collectors Edition is same price on Amazon, who are STILL advertising beta access in the picture of the item.

Don't get me wrong, 2205 looks really nice and I enjoyed my time with 2070 very much but Ubisoft have repeatedly let their customers down and I don't personally have much confidence that the launch for this game, which although SP, looks to require a connection to the flaky as hell ubi servers, will not end up being a Circus.

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Not watched the video yet, but he can't be worse than I am :p

Do they have a desert and under ocean biome? I agree that the digital version should be cheaper, but I doubt they'd want less money for it considering it's the base game and dlc, the more likely story would be they'd increase the cost of the collectors edition instead! You could always preorder from amazon and then not open it. Surely they'd let you return it if you decided to.

10. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Given that they have now shown an arctic biome and we previously had under water, I should hope so! Lost opportunity otherwise, especially given the tone of the game.

I think my real beef, is there is no standard £25-35 PC DVD version, like is normal with most new game releases.
    I have X-com 2, Deux Ex Mankind Devided, Star Craft 2 legacy of the void and Fallout 4 (all big releases) on my Amazon wish list and all of them are within that typical price range.

Anno is the only one that lists where the PC DVD version as £49.99-59.99 and is unavailable, presumably they are pushing the digital copies unless it's the physical collectors edition?

Even the Wild Hunt was only £28 on amazon on release, this push from EA & Ubisoft to make the typical pc game price £50 alarms me. It's not that I can't afford it, I could but it's what it represents. They are not worth it at those kind of prices and it takes them above and beyond by a nearly 100% increase in the normal prices.

I hope the game is awesome and I am wrong but you know, ubisoft...

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I agree, I really enjoyed the underwater setting. We had more arid locations in 1404 but they didnt really make it into 2070

Not been keeping an eye on new game prices recently tbh, going from my pre-orders of BF3/4 and the pre-release prices on steam I just assumed new 'non-deluxe' games cost about £40-£50. I should look at amazon more :)

Ubisoft, still makes me sad they own it. In their defence, they haven't (yet) ruined it....

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Ubi had a share in the original Anno deva until they bought them outright sometime in 2012. They can still **** everything now they own everything.

But its still very much a nice title, which IMO is a good thing.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ok so gamescom has shed a metric **** tonne of info on 2205 and tbh now im actually REALLY ****ing excited

• so we've got 3 biomes to play in, green, arctic and moon, each biome plays almost like a game from simshitty where resources are pushed from one biome to another, each biome has unique resources that the others depend upon
    • plants must now be connected via roads to allow workers to get to them, this is very interesting as it not only breaks the ole "schematics" we used to have for plant layouts but also creates new logistically issues.
    • resource lag is pretty much gone with each biome having a universal depot much like each island used to have a universal depot

also resource list

Earth biome
    Arctic Biome

Moon Biome

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I can see diamonds and algae, any idea if that means there's still underwater stuff or has it been shifted on land?

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Stop it! Stop breaking down my f*** Ubisoft barrier...

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Someone who is better than me, is that more or less resources compared to previous games?

I think I saw something about different workers needed for different buildings? So making it more generic city builder with the industry required to be close(ish) to workers to work at them?
    The different levels of worker needed for different buildings would make sense, and would fit with needing a certain number of lower class citizens all the time.

17. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Is there any info on what the season pass actually includes? Given the game being published by Ubisoft it might only include the useless cosmetic DLCs and not the big expansions.

If the season pass does include the big expansion that will (hopefully) bring back underwater buildings I am considering buying the collectors edition as an early christmas present to myself. Damn those nice looking videos. The game just looks so lush. :D

18. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Possibly a few less, although I can't really see construction resources in that list, like the basalt, tools and wood from 2070.

If there's not three factions (eco, tycoon and tech) though, then fewer resources would make sense.

Just seen this too, not sure if it's been mentioned here already, but if you've got 100 uplay points, you can get a 20% discount valid across the entire uplay store including pre-orders. That knocks £12 off the collectors edition.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2015
  19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

What this thread has done, is encourage me to play 2070 again and finally try the deep ocean content I had never previously tried.

I had forgot enjoyable pacing of this game, not fast but always lots to manage trying to ensure a decent level of supply and logistics.

I'm only just staring with a level 2 tech city and branched out into basic under water, getting resources for the projectors to keep Eco Exec Happy.

Looks like they significantly expanded the underwater tech tree - so look forward to figuring it all out.

I do hope in the effort to streamline the experience in 2205, they don't remove the enjoyable complexity of juggling all the resources.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

sys requirements are out