1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It'll run fine on your system at 1680*1050, Very High with a tab or two of AA. That's how I run it and it does fine, in fact you don't really need AA because the tanks are rendered really well, I can barely tell the difference.

The scenery's not so great, but that's true of most MMO-type games.

2. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Awesome. I normally run games in a window at slightly sub-native res anyway, as alt-tabbing on this system from a fullscreen game is... not so smooth with just 2GB of RAM.

Any rough tips on how to get by or start up? Good / bad tanks?

3. Krikkit

Well good and bad tanks are all down to how you want to end up. Arty, heavy tanks, self propelled guns? Different sides are better for different things.

4. sleepygamer

Well, in most team / class based games, I usually end up going for a glass cannon or a tank. (ba-dum tshh)

I guess I prefer an up close and personal combat style in general. :p

5. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

This will be crap.

And for my tanks/war fix, there are similar alternatives I suppose. Stuff like World in Conflict might not be MMO but it's still online and blasty blasty.

6. sleepygamer

Okay this more awesome than I thought. I am saving credits for a T-26. :D

7. Krikkit

I'd suggest you give it a try - it'll be free to play anyway, so if you don't enjoy it just pack it in. No loss.

Depending on how much I get done during the beta phases (which are slated to last quite a bit longer yet apparently, they've fallen behind a bit with the dev) I might not even need to bother when the reset comes and it goes public. If they increase the required xp/points to do stuff I doubt I'll want to go through the rigmarole of getting my Tiger back.

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Not really up for Beta but will definitely have a go when it's released!

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Signed up, got a key and will see about sinking my teeth into this one later.
    I am intrigued.

10. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

Yeah you're right, might give it a shot at least to see it. I did the same with Huxley. Played it long enough to realise it was no good, but at least I checked it out.

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Signed up for beta :thumb:

12. Krikkit

Can't wait for the impending 0.5 patch - parties will be pretty good, blasting it up with you guys! :D

13. sleepygamer

I added both you and pimonserry in anticipation of some BT Clannery action. I'm currently mucking about with lower tanks right now. In a BT-2 saving for a T-46. If you can't tell, I'm a bigger fan of the Soviet tanks than the German ones.

14. Krikkit

Ah the ying and yang of tanks. Once you get further up though the Ruskie tanks are pretty win, just try and get past the KV series as quickly as possible if you go for a heavy. :p

For a medium the T44 is currently one of the best in the game, it's so fast and yet well armoured and armed. Very dangerous.

15. sleepygamer

Good advice. :D

I'm still on the light tanks, trying to figure out how people save up so many credits! :O

16. alastor

alastor Minimodder

17. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I heard the T44 was due to be nerfed in the 0.5 patch, as it dominates that tier from what I've seen.

Sleepy - it took me days to get enough credits for a Pz3 Ausf A and the Pz3, and now I've got enough money for a tier 5 but haven't racked up the experience to unlock them!

Buy another tank - you can start another battle (and earn money) while the previous battle that your tank was destroyed in (if that was the case) carries on without you - there is no downside as you still get all credits + exp.

Oh, and adding people to the Contacts list doesn't go both ways (I don't know you've added me) so what's your IGN?

18. sleepygamer

Man, that's weird. I'm sleepygamer, surprisingly.

I'm in the process of saving up for a BT-7, so I'm on the tech tree for the T-44. Nevertheless, the T-34 and T-34-85 are pretty awesome (or so I hear), so I'll keep on this path.

Nerf arty buff BT-2 plz

Edit: Me and a couple of friends have been playing together by a simple, yet effective method. Worked 99% of the time.

By talking on Skype, we all hovered our pointers on Recruit Battles, and I counted down, and we all clicked simultaneously. BAM! Same match. Worked consistently well until one of us clicked a tiny bit early, and joined a game that got filled and started immediately, while the other two of us joined a nearly empty one.

But it worked every other time, perfectly. Best. Matchmaking. Service. Ever.

Last edited: 10 Aug 2010
  19. Krikkit

The T44 is, imo, the most dangerous tank for heavies. It's definitely an anti-heavy mid. The speed it can keep up, whilst laying out quite considerable damage makes it absolutely devastating because it has decent armour and hp. Even with a 108mm gun it's 5 shots to kill.

Krikkit is my IGN. I'll add you two. :)

For credits the key is doing as much damage as possible. In little tanks only take on what you can damage, everything else just run away! You also get mondo credits for spotting, so if you've got a fast tank have a blast through the enemy base at the start and you'll be rolling in it.

Once you get further up the tiers the credits come thick and fast, but the repair costs go way way up. My Tiger 2 costs at least 15k to repair when it gets knocked out, which is quite often thanks to being top of the tree - everyone is gunning for the big heavies. :(

Last edited: 10 Aug 2010
  20. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

Just set a new personal best of 5 tanks destroyed in one match - with my PzIII/IV! :lol: