1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows MW2 PC: No Dedicated servers

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by rpsgc, 17 Oct 2009.

1. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

So even though the player limit is comparatively small, and even though you acknowledge that your average home user might struggle even hosting that number, you are willing to gamble £30+ in the hope that it isn't as borked as it sounds?

But then you'd have to take the gamble, wouldn't you - since there isn't, and won't be, a demo.

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

hmm 18 player match on 512kb upload i dont think so

3. $plit

$plit abs0lut3K1LL

I'm all for waiting on others to beta and demo it for me. And yes..I played BF2 with as many players as i could compete against...more players to k1ll for me... :)

4. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I'll still play and enjoy the single player experience too - games aren't just about the multi-player you know. Batman was £30, i bought it, played it through once and uninstalled it? Do I feel robbed? Hell no, it was great fun for 15 or so hours.

Even if the game did have a demo, surely it wouldn't contain the MP component anyway? It'd just be a level or two of shooting in SP.

Far too much judging being done on this game based on nothing but angry hurt feelings. Will P2P be as good as dedicated servers? Probably not, no. Will p2p servers still be fun? I'd wager a probably yes.

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

That's like saying is pacman fun? "I'll wager a probably yes". But it's not the way we want PC Gaming to go.If we roll over for this one, what will be next?

I'm sure the production values will be great, the SP short but intense, and 4v4 (the likely limit of an ordinary MaxADSL connection) will nevertheless be fun. But it won't be what it could/should have been.

What is IW's stance on DLC? 'We are just concentrating on launching this great new game...' What does that mean? It means 'we have every intention of charging for DLC, just like for consoles, but we are waiting to see if the proverbial hits the fan'.

It is a step towards homogenising the PC and console markets... It is up to you whether you want to support that.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Transcript of chat with IW members

This kind of riled me up. The 9v9 is not THAT big an issue. 18 players on well-sized (By that I mean well laid out and structured) maps is plenty of fun. Personally I was never a fan of anything over 24 players in CoD4 as it was just too 'random'. Smaller numbers can very often, in my opinion lead to some great firefights.

The 9v9 is not the issue, the issue is the laxidazy, haphazard answers to many questions that they just brush off.

It is true that we cannot judge this properly, simply because it is not released yet. That is plain and simple. The new 'improvements', a term in this regard I use very very loosely seem so random and pointless that it seems like they are out of control of their own game.

The price hike has nothing to do with IW, I place the responsibility for that squarely with Activision, ruthless gits as they are. The 3rd person aspect, I see no validity in its inclusion in the game at all. Other games have it, but they are built around it. This just seems tacked on. Tactical nuke wins the game. What, the, hell.

Geh, some things with this release just defy common sense. :grr:

I have to be honest, I do hope that the pre-load is well in advance of the actual release, as it's going to be sizeable to say the least. I won a copy of the game, so I have no qualms on that part of it, although I feel somewhat bad that someone had to fork out the raised price for a dissheveled game they will not play. :blush:

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

my friend brought up something interesting about the third person. If anyone can enable it this means that people will be able to peak around corners without being seen, which is very unfair to first person players. You can also evaluate if you're visible to the enemy when you hide behind something

lame

8. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

[​IMG]

OnyxLilninja likes this.
  9. OnyxLilninja

OnyxLilninja What's a Dremel?

Well I bought Cod4 and I enjoyed it. But this is making me nerdrage more and more. I'm now going to enjoy pirating it and sticking my middle finger up at those idiots at infinity ward. :wallbash:

10. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

They've already said that the third-person mode will only be available in certain game modes, where every player will have it enabled so no one has an advantage.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

what ? you'll be forced to have it enabled in some modes ? hahahahaha

12. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

MP demos are often released. For a game whose success was built largely on its MP function, that's quite an oversight.

13. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

My brother got it. Tried it, liked the game as such, just glad I didn't shell out 400 Dkr on it. Laggy, could not get a few friends to join a private game. And there needs to be bigger maps with more players. When you have been shot and have killed player X so many times in a row.. It starts to get tedious. And why do I always end up in a game with 3 french dudes, 2 germans and a portugese guy? 2 of which can understand english, and one shouts engrish anyways.

I want to be able to customize the damn thing. Custom gamemodes and Mods are one of the best and most hilarious ways of entertaining myself. They should just have let it run on Steam for validation.