1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I was told my car would be returned to me today.

It was not returned to me today.

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

To not re-invent the wheel here's something I found (source):
    1. Acknowledge that you you are behind in paying your rent and apologize for your actions. Point out any positive attributes of your time as a renter, such as maintaining a clean and orderly apartment and always paying rent on time up to this point.
    2. Explain the situation that has led to your current financial hardship. Provide exact details when you can to support your reasons for being late and/or missing rent payments. For example, if you've been in the hospital and had to miss work, list the dates you were admitted and discharged and how that time away from work reduced your income.
    3. Stick to the facts, and resist the urge to write emotional appeals or project a negative attitude. Remain polite and sincere to gain sympathy.
    4. Give the landlord insight on how you would like to remedy the situation. Outline an installment payment plan to get caught up on your rent, or offer to pay rent plus interest at a future time. State that you are proactive in seeking a solution and that you sincerely want to fix the problem. Thank your landlord in advance for considering your position.
    5. Sign the letter, and send it to your landlord as soon as you start to experience your financial hardship. Communicating with your landlord early on will show your landlord that you will do whatever you can to become an ideal tenant once again.

Hand-deliver or use a traceable~ish method like Recorded Delivery so he can't say he never received it.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I seem to be spending more time thinking about my future than doing anything about it. it was one of the horrible realizations where I live more of a life online than anything else.

Apart from clearly finishing my degree I'm doing nothing, "I'll do it tomorrow, I deserve a break" has been my excuse for 4 weeks.

I was supposed to be having an early tonight to wake up and get stuff done, but I didn't have plans on what those things actually were.

I think I'll be spending less time on the internet from now on and make an effort to go out and do something, Even if its volunteer work this is just pathetic.

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Dental abcess.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

thank you very much!

I had one of these recently, was already on penicillin for my finger so burst it, rinsed my mouth with salty hot water and mouth wash.

It'll hopefully go away for a couple of months now until i can afford treatment.

6. DeadP1xels

Sisters friend are in.... God I hope they leave me alone.

I really don't want any **** tonight, It sounds like I'm talking about a group of ignorant 16 year olds.

Shockingly there 20+ everything seems to be a party to them "**** YEAH CHOW MEIN MOTHER ****ER WOOOO" (slight over exaggeration)

Last edited: 13 Jun 2014
  7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I might've bricked my camera trying to install 400plus on it :(

[edit]

Scratch that, false alarm! It works! Say hello to 3000 ISO and many more features, 400D :)

Last edited: 13 Jun 2014
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Have you tried "Magic Lantern"?

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It's not supported on the 400D, 400Plus is the only option :thumb:

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Ah. I see.

11. DeadP1xels

I'm livid... absolutely livid!!

Sister says 'few friends coming over' It sounded off, I went for a quiet drink with some friends in the sun and come back to an absolute bomb site.

Somersby all over the carpet, **** everywhere (My parents are super house proud) I'm so angry I really hope she doesn't bring her bloke back because there could be police here later on tonight.

I'm sick of her complete crap! If she wants to live like scum I've locked the door with the key in it, ****ing game on

12. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Bruised my fist punching something frustration. Got into a HUGE fight with the missus. Solved it, and now I have to sleep overnight at work right after finals.

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

13. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I messed my hand up pretty good the other day taking my anger out something slightly too hard...

I though id broken my fingers!

14. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Looks like my motherboard has died. Tried everything I can think of and suggestions by fellow forumites.

Upgraded my graphics card last week so doesn't look like I'll be getting another soon due to lack of funds.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

It's Father's Day, but my son is gone. I'm retreating into Monster Hunter.

16. gravgen3rd

gravgen3rd What's a Dremel?

My annoying sleeping schedule :blah:

17. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Applied for 6 jobs..5 I have experience in the last one I was just making up the numbers and have no experience what so ever in.

That's the one that wants to interview me no idea what they got from looking at my cv, it would be interesting if I got it.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

There is now a gaping hole in my jaw where two teeth used to be.
    (See here)

19. DeadP1xels

Just opened the fridge to a giant chocolate birthday cake my sisters friends made her, the outside is made of kinder bueno and it looks absolutely delicious..

My problem, there's a big note that says "Needs to be gone, please eat me" on it and I'm refraining from any crap food because it ruins all the work I put in working out in the morning.

I'm pretending I didn't see anything buts its not easy considering its the only thing in the fridge at the minute..

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just ****ing eat it... [or at least eat some of it]... failing that, give it here...