1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Fixed.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

3. wolfticket

Seaborne Freight's new flagship:

Media_image library.jpg

Nexxo likes this.
  4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It's pretty much a £14m tax payer subsidised payout to a mate, or a mate of a mate, or...

EDIT: This made me smile, it's got Lego unicorns and everything. ;)

Last edited: 4 Jan 2019
    adidan likes this.
  6. wolfticket

7. Nexxo

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy...

One day the politicians are screaming: "Apocalypse hack that will end the human species" (because a bunch of politicians where among the victims of this particular hack)
    And then on the next day those same politicians demand that the government get unrestricted access without a warrant or even probable cause to more of our data.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Getting knighted didn't give John Redwood a brain...

We know that based on what? The absolute shambles the luddites in Westminster have produced so far?

dire predictions by remain supporters? Like the prediction by 17th century thingamajig JRM that it would take 50 years to see any benefit?

Does he have any idea just how little 39 billion is? That won't even cover the cost of half a year of pensions.

Yeah, get rid of all those pesky import tariffs and watch it boost domestic production...
    Except of course without those import tariffs stuff produced abroad would be even more competitive and domestic production would rely on taxpayer funded subsidies even more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/05/john-redwood-uk-brexit-benefits-ken-clarke

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I was going to post a long rebuttal of all the things Mr Redwood claimed, like how Brexit has already cost us 10x more than the £39bn, how just wishing the uncomfortable feeling caused by your cognitive dissonance away doesn't work, etc, etc.

But then i deleted it all as i realised it's like trying to explain to a person who believes in supernatural beings why they're not real, if that's your thing then good for you, however when you force your faith on people who don't believe in it the same way as you it's not.

12. Nexxo

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." -- H. L. Mencken

“Seems to me, the only sensible thing is for people to know that if they kill a whale, they’ve got a dead whale.” -- Adam, in Good Omens by Terry Pratchett

Seems to me people will just have to learn that when they vote for Brexit, they get Brexit, good and hard.

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Only if I get to have an air horn to fire in the face of every person who teels me they 'didn't vote for this,' once excrement has been bouncing off the rotational ventilation device for a month or two.

14. Nexxo

Seems fair.

But make sure to wear a T-shirt that says: "YES, YOU TOTALLY VOTED FOR THIS".

15. RedFlames

But... I didn't think the leopards would eat my face when I voted for the 'Leopards eating faces party'.

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So that PR stunt of a 100 lorries at an airport in Kent turned out well, not only do 100 lorries probably make up less 0.01% of the total freight traveling to Europe everyday but 11 lorries didn't even bother turning up.

This is like watching an episode of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Wasn't it supposed to be 150 - one ferry's worth - and only 89 showed, some of which weren't even goods lorries (like one council's bin truck)?
    I love that programme. Did all his own stunts, y'know.

18. RedFlames

So we get to add 'couldn't organise a traffic jam in Kent' to the 'couldn't organise a[n] X in a[n] Y' roster.

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Yea, didn't someone try to recreate his roller skate through the streets stunt and have to dial it back because of safety concerns.

20. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

Topical after the drama programme on Brit TV last night, well worth watching...