1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK: Series of Explosions throughout London

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 7 Jul 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

mate dont lash out at me. and please dont try to imply im labelling this as 'no loss'.

im just saying that after repeated warnings by the terrorists, our police force, and our government that everybody knew that sooner or later one of the attempts at an attack would not be stopped in time.

no point in getting mad at ME :thumb:

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just before the first explosion, Swansea University had been evacuated due to a bomb scare (got a friend who works in the labs there) :eeek:

Thoughts are with all those who are in London (or have relatives/friends there)

- Mark

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Sorry mate, this just really gets to me.
    I don't see it as an attack that we should accept because it was going to happen, thats all.
    An attack, is an attack, and I hope to god, the people responsible are found.

4. MaplinMan

its all good, we're all angry. those **************s been trying to crack our eggs for a while now, all i can say is we must have the best intel in the world to have stopped them for so long

(iraq intel doesnt count cos that was intentionally made up hehe)

im pretty sure over the next few days the real people that were behind it will probably be authenticated as the culprits and will live the next portions of their lives in mountains, then bunkers, then cells, then hell...

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I doubt that's the only reason. According to their creed, we are all zionist infedels because we are not Islamic and according to their twisted sense of logic, we should be eliminated.

They've felt it long before we have, however not with Islamic terrorists but with the IRA.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Actually we've been suffering since the 70s with the IRA.

edit: damnit Dad, you beat me to it *shakes fist* :p

7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Haha! Beat you! :D

EDIT::
    Beat you again! :p

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ARGH! Just.. shurrup. Moff to bed :p

Git.

;)

9. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

And the sad part was some of it was funded by NORAID.

Not anti anybody (well ok, just morons) :waah:

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

This reminds me all too much of September 11 here in the US. Although what has happened is a terrible thing, just be glad that it wasn't worse. I lost around 3000 fellow Americans on that day, but after seeing this news story this morning (around 7am here) I still felt sick to my stomach thinking about those jihadists, and their complete lack of care for human life. Whether it's 2 people or 3000 people, the crimes they commit are so horrendous, each and every single one of them deserves to be in prison, or killed.

I don't care if I'm not being PC, these people will put you on TV and saw off your head in front of your family just to make a statement, and every single one of them deserves to be blown off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

11. MaplinMan

i dunno man, you dont see them attacking places that have nothing to do with this 'war on terror'... and i think they know loads of brits and yanks are muslim, thats why they are calling for them to go jihadimondo on our asses.

at the end of the day it never used to be like this and you got to wonder what has pushed them so much that they resort to this ********. i can assure you all i am not sympathetic for them but in all truth and honesty, we as brits know that if they tried to be diplomatic we would just ignore them anyway... hell thats what got us in this mess in the first place. i think we can only push people so far before they start pushing back, no matter who they are (or who WE are).

and those terrorists have so much ******** on us, like palestine, guantamino, iraq, afgh, etc etc that any foolish kid growing up there is going to think they are fighting for their religion if they go and fight the man etc

but on the other hand, they all have a conscience like we do, and women getting raped in abu graib doesnt make it ok for people to go bomb trains across the world, so ********** :D

12. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

Hey just wanted to let all the Brits know that we feel for you and you are in our prayers as we have gone throught much the same thing in the past 5 years, and that the only way to stop such terrorism is to end the insurgencies once and for all.

13. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

just a quick point. these ***** call themselvs muslim but these terrorists let of bombs and kill innocent muslims in iraq every day. i have no idea how many as record of iraqi deaths are not kept, but i bet these fundemantalists have killed more muslims than non muslims. what kind of twisted ideas do these people have.

14. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

[​IMG]

looks like the one at russell square was a touch early. For the most punch, that one was likely to go off near haliburton (at the red and blue intersection)

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Maplin,

Seriously, the rantings are starting to go back to REALLY political. Nexxo seems to be willing to cap it in the "us or them" direction, but then I'm going to cap this "It's cause we sided with Bush."

Look, all countries have screwed up in the past. But there are some blood debts from all the way back to the crusades that are being held over all of our heads. And as for "countries that have nothing to do with the war on terror..." there are problems in Russia, France just had two journalists kidnapped not all that long ago because of HEADSCARVES, the Egyptian ambassador to Iraq was just executed, and Germany has been getting more and more worried about its densly muslim areas. Even 9/11 over here came BEFORE we invaded Afghanistan. So did the bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen.

It's just not as simple as you're making it out to be, no matter how much you and I would like that. You're far from totally wrong, but you're totally one sided. You make it sound like simple Poli Sci 101, that had no one backed Bush or this "war on terror", this never would have happened. Has that contributed? Sure. Are there mistakes? Sure.

But it's not all of the equation, or really even the big part. So could we please lay off the rhetoric and stick to the fact that 37 of your own countrymen were blown to bits and another 700 were injured in the attempt, and find some common ground in the fact that Americans know what you're going through?

EDIT: Oh, and on that list of non-offending countries (at least at the time of incident), I would be VERY remiss not to give a shout-out to my buds in Oz and the Bali Blast.

Last edited: 8 Jul 2005
  16. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

have to agree with Da Dego. iraq, Afghanistan are excuses not reasons for attacking civilians. they claim that they are doing this for Muslim people but how many people now will become anti Muslim? lots and lots.

the only way i can understand these terrorists is to see them as the racist scum they are

17. MaplinMan

yeh totally agree with you on that

russia is an ally of the whole war on terror thing actually. also muslim seem to resent russia for the whole chechnia thing going on, and also they were the last lads before us to invade iraq...
    yeh those hostages werent taken because of headscarves they were taken because they were western people in iraq, then they were told that if they make a video plea or two to their government they would be set free. so the two hostages made the videos and by their own admission they werent tortured because they themselves told the hostage takers they have no involvement in this war on terror. then they were both set free.
    they see the egyptians as the western sellouts. a lot of people there dont like what the egyptian gov represents.
    sure, i heard about racial violence happening there with muslims etc but that was a result of neo nazis attacking muslims and hindus or something...

well yeh, the reason we invaded them was because of 9/11 so of course it came first...
    and now that you bring it up, that takes me back to the point i made about when they try to act diplomatic, we just ignore them, which i believe is directly hurting people in the city i live, because its encouraging those muslims to resort to other, more violent, measures...

same thing as above, just look at why they claimed they did that.

to be honest i think im the only one here that is looking at the bigger picture. everyone can go 'oh no terrorists. i hate them. lets kill them' and at the end of the day thats what we're doing. but id rather not have to face stuff like 9/11 or today happening, so that we wont have to retaliate against their retaliation etc etc.
    tbh i reckon im looking at both sides here and to call me one sided for bringing up both points of view is a bit narrowminded man. just because im addressing their issues it does not mean i am on their side or that i agree with them. but if we all ignore what they THINK then we are just gonna end up with more bombings where we live. thats was my point man.
    well its pretty obviously true that had we not backed the war on terror then we wouldnt be at war with terrorists. by definition we are literally asking for it when we call it a 'war on terror' because when we initiate a war with terrorists we are going to use our military, but they are going to use their terrorist, hence the word terror. could that be any more obvious tho...
    and i noticed this new phase that everyones been taking this attitude like 'its ok now, we've done it, meh...' but instead of saying 'sure' now we should not have allowed something that could have been prevented from happening in the first place. when our governments already made their minds up for us that we're going to war and thats it, as an opposer, i am not against my country, or against my leader, if anything i am MORE of a patriot because i want to investigate the long term interests of my country. so to me its a bit late to say 'were mistakes made' because when we had the chance to stop them, people wouldnt let us, branding us unpatriotic. and now if we mention them we get called the same.

im not being rhetoric, everything ive been saying is reality.
    im sorry man but i dont think americans do know what we're going through to be honest.
    the truth of the matter is that before 9/11 the average american had never heard of osama bin laden, afghanistan, al queda, etc. saddam hussain was just a blast from the past who would be made fun of on the simpsons.

9/11 hits and we hit back, afghanistan, then iraq... and thats whats happened to date.

but for us brits. when we saw this happen to you guys its not that we dont care, but quite frankly most of the people in the uk did not want to go to war over it and did not believe anything had to do with 9/11. our government ignored us, went to premeditated war based on incorrect documents, and now as a result of that we have had bombs go off in london.

since 9/11 there have been no bombs or anything going off in the usa so far. the only thing you hear about it is oh 4 more soldiers died on the news and then its next weeks weather. we get the same thing with our soldiers dying, but we also had another terrorist attack because of our goverment not listening to us. you guys didnt have that.

the terrorist attack on your country sparked the war, the terrorist attack on our country was sparked BY the war. i think thats very different

ps. i know what bit tech is like so im gonna add a disclaimer on here ok! i dont support terrorists or radical muslims at all, i have personally lost family members because of them. i dont have anything against americans, i love them, and im married to one. i dont have anything against anyone that is gonna, or has replied to me, i appreciate the exchange of knowledge.

18. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Ok, I have to say you're either coming off as devil's advocate or a bloody ***, and since I'm pretty sure the latter isn't totally true, I'll work with the former.

Your arguments are somewhat circular. What WAS their justification for Yemen? Or for 9/11? Americans on their soil? Doing what, may I ask? Invading their space? Oh, that's right, siding with the zionists in Israel? Why, how horrid of us to believe that they deserved a state to themselves, like we now do with Palestine!

Their governments acted on the realization that this is becoming a more and more flat world, that partnership and understanding with what were old enemies would be the way forward. So their governments are sellouts. We back a palestinian state. But we're anti-muslim.

The french got kidnapped and it was very widely reported (including by the Beeb) that the journalists would be killed unless the ban on headscarves in schools was reversed. They bowed out on that threat, maybe because of why you mentioned. Or maybe because then they wouldn't have a convenient point for everything they do after if they start killing one of the countries that supported them already...maybe they're just later in the plans.

And speaking of that, why WEREN'T they supportive? Could it be that they really had this strong moral objection, or was it that their governments were getting payoffs from Oil-for-food? If you say the governments don't act on the citizens' request, then I suppose it would be the latter, selfish answer?

My point is, there are two sides to everything. I agree with you that saying "Look, this isn't all going to be solved by going off on a bender and killing all the muslims" is a very accurate statement. But just because that's true doesn't mean the rest of the logic is true by default just because the opposing "terrorist hating" side thinks opposite.

Like it or not, this IS a flat world now. We can all get to each other easily. And standing up for us in 9/11 just made your target a little more colorful, that's not what put it there in the first place. Think different all you like, and pretend that Bush and Blair are what caused this. Or maybe Clinton, or Thatcher, or Reagan. Or King Richard, or King Louis the whatever. Because you'll be going back a long while, longer than when our country even existed. The extremists have been there since Persia and before. It's just they never had the ways or means they do now, and neither did we.

To say that "your government went to war and now bombs go off in london" is exactly the oversimplification my previous post pointed out. You're not just thinking for the longer health of your country, you are cutting out a huge chain of cause and effect. It's like saying Y comes before Z and that's the alphabet, screw A-X because it's unimportant.

I agree with you that some of this isn't the best way to handle things, but all your posts read as is "If we didn't help the US we would be safe." And that's not helpful, nor accurate, nor reality.

<rant>
    And, I'll put this politely a total of once, don't EVER say all we do over here is watch the news and hear 4 troops died and now the weather. That's a swift way to alienate a LOT of people. This morning we cringed over your country, don't dare disregard ours as a callous lot just to try and make your trumped-up political point.

</end rant>

19. Wesker

Wesker What's a Dremel?

I personally have a big problem with this statement. You're saying that we dont know how it feels to get attacked by terrorists because your attack happened at a later date? America lost over 3000 people in 9/11 and you think we dont know what it feels like to be attacked? Murder is murder regardless of the time and place, terrorsits kill people for no apparent reason. What about the people of Iraq who are murdered by suicide bombers, car bombs, and rockets? What about them, are they diffirent from you because they were killed for no reason while your fellow Brits were killed partly because of the war? We've had over 10x's the people murdered by terrorists but, we have no clue how it feels to be attacked. Before war or because of war I dont think it matters, we were both attacked by terrorists and we lost fellow countrymen and for that my heart goes out to those killed and my prayers go out to the wounded.

Please, next time you think to say we don't know how it feels remember we lost thousands of people because of terrorists.

20. John Cena

John Cena What's a Dremel?

Weskers right on target.

Let me add some points.
    We know that the terrorists committed this. And terrorists in Britian come from where? They come TRAINED from the middle east in terrorist camps. That's why Bush has troops out there. Sure alot of them are going to die because of suicide bombers but if nobody interfered, the situation would get alot worse. Look at how far we come. We got Iraq a democratic government. It doesn't happen over night so we got alot of way to go but I'm sure the people of iraq agree a democratic government is better than a dictatorship. That's the first step in solving terrorism. After Iraq is done, we can go after the rest of middle east etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.