Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Thanks guys

When I got him from Cat's Protection he had just come out of surgery and there was a 50/50 chance he'd survive. There was a possibility that I'd just be giving him a comfortable place to die. Since I'm a big nerd and he was jet black I named him Pixel; The rationale being that if he died I could at least wistfully mourn my dead Pixel.

He was never 100% so I've kinda been bracing myself for it since I got him...It's just kinda fresh right now

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the all steak and gravy pies i just bought for dinner turned out to be 30% steak, 70% onion and a pisswash of gravy.

less then thrilled :/

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

My condolonces viper. Always hard losing a pet, especially when they go out like that :(

As far as life ruining I have a horrible migraine that just won't give up. For some reason electronics exposure doesn't seem to make it any worse so I'm trying to wait it out. Just re-dosed on tylenal so hopefully it'll end soon.

4. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Love the diversity in this thread: deceased family members to gravy disappointment in the blink of an eye. I can empathise with both of you and send you my sympathies at this difficult time.

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Fray Bentos special?

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Someone has just been promoted to work with me from another department, this person s stupid.

Not in any way disabled or handicapped, but earnestly, honestly and aggressively stupid, completely dumb as a rock, they cannot be left unsupervised for a second without them doing something completely stupid.

They are so stupid that the only possible explanation for their having been moved into the place I work is sabotage, nobody that thick would be trusted in an opticians practice by accident.

A hundred grand's worth of equipment, confidential data everywhere, the NHS breathing down our necks and a wrecking ball walking the halls, brilliant!

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Isn't that pretty much every shop-bought 'steak' pie known to man?

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Finally snapped, its been a while since I done it last.

We had a horrific argument, still in a bad place but working towards some form of solution.

It included me going for multiple left hands to my cars dashboard, cuts and bruises across my knuckles and a very strong sense of disappointment in myself. Everything's got onto of me lately and although my job situation has taken a weight away its still a very small part. Its like taking it out on myself and letting frustration out at the same time.

Its really my own fault for trying to please everyone, I made it 30000x worse and it'll never happen again.

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Have a cup of tea & buy a punch bag.

Not life ruining but sad none the less; the number of retards in my favourite ( only ) FPS is just too damn high to make it fun any more, 90% of matches are just filled with total inbreds with zero idea of what they should be doing at any given time, regardless of telling them repeatedly. Nothing but selfish & cowardly game-play ( gotta protect that kill/death ratio.... ) with zero interest in teamwork or the objectives ( zero ability to think ahead, only interested in getting a few points now and to hell with everyone else if it means we lose as a whole ).

Luckily, Space Engineers is awesome and getting better with each update, will have to venture into the multiplayer mode once I have finished building my fleet of ships & fighters... :D

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Pukka are actually really good. They just didn't have any in stock

11. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I know the feels, +1 on getting a punching bag or speed ball.

Really helped me a couple of years ago, I set it up in the garage and put a lock on the door so whenever I feel like exploding I can go in there and hit it till it passes and I calm down.
    I haven't used it for a while now but as something that's there in case I need it I highly recommend getting yourself at least somewhere to go.

A

12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Remind me never to take food advice from you...

13. Scroome

Scroome Modder

+1

I put so much weight on, eating that dross..

14. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

You can't blame the pies. You can gain/lose weight eating the appropriate quantity of any foodstuff.

The fact you gained weight on them suggests you liked them enough to overindulge.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

You can blame the pies. No-one ever got fat by eating lettuce. :D

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This is true. They probably suffered extremely unpleasant flatulence, though :lol:

17. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Put some substantial dents in my motorbikes tank the other week. Totally lost my ****. So disappointed with myself.

You need to stop prostrating yourself for others, you are being taken for a ****...but wont admit it to yourself. Then Kaboom! You need a new petrol tank and your fingers are broken.

18. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I can partly blame the pies.

They were part of the reason the weight was gained.

I get what you're saying though....

19. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Damn straight. :)

20. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Imagine the stink from all the decomposed vegetable matter. Sheesh.

(I'll go now. Sorry.)