1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What digital camera do you own?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by The_Pope, 20 Jun 2006.

?

What brand(s) of digital camera do you own?

1. Canon

39.7%
  2. Casio

3.0%
  3. Fujifilm

17.6%
  4. Kodak

7.5%
  5. Nikon

16.5%
  6. Olympus

9.7%
  7. Panasonic

1.9%
  8. Pentax

1.5%
  9. Ricoh

1.1%
  10. Sony

15.4%
  11. Other (specify)

12.0%
  12. None

2.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

Other (specify)
    i have a Samsung Digimax 401 :hehe:
    4mp. no optical zoom. realy basic

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Mate, I have a 202, go figure :rolleyes:

:hehe:

3. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Canon EOS 20D
    Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L USM glass
    Canon SpeedLite 580EX flash

4. killingtime

killingtime What's a Dremel?

i have about a 6 month old sony cybershot 5.1megapixel camera.

its not going to be upgraded until its broken really, it produces great images, and i dont really take arty photos

5. fatty

fatty Minimodder

cannon ixus 4meg great little compact camera I will upgrade to anothe cannon maybe the 7meg

6. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Canon EOS 350d
    Nikon D2X
    Horeseman Digiflex with Phase One H10 back.

Various lenses.

7. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

I don't know why, but apart from xD cards, I love Fujifilm. I've had different Fujifilm digicams over the years, and they're alright. Right now I have Fuji e550, and I love the fact that I can capture 30FPS 640x480 resolution at amazing quality. The colors look really good when compared to (fuji S5000, Cannon A520) And with 1Gb card I can capture 20mins of video.

The picture quality is okay, e550 tends to overexpose sometimes in certain situations. Camera RAW is good too.

Also Fuji for the most part makes really durable metal cases. A303 camera been dropped two times on the pavement from ~2 meters and both times it was okay.

The crappiest cam I've had was Kodak C300 which I bought from Woot.com for $55.

Although the camera has no moving parts and looks terible, it did suprise me, since it took pictures much better than $50 webcam =)

8. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

Panasonic Lumix LZ2 (compact)
    mine. dont spend much on accesories, the batterys i suppose counted as about 20-25$ for a set of 4 plus the charger. oh, and $25 on a 1gb sd card. Havent gotten a new model, had it for only about 9 months.

Sony Cybershot Dsc-p72 (compact)
    picked it off my college's discard table. it had a broken LCD, so i bought another (broken one) off ebay for $20 to swap the lcd out. thing is the one that i won came working 100%. so I gave that to my GF, and i still have one with a cracked lcd! again $20-$25 on batterys. and soon $20-$30 on 512mb-1gb ms pro card. new model? not for a while, i just got it and started playing with it. pretty neat i have to say i like the AF illuminator

9. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Canon Powershot A510

Cute lil 3.2mpix beast, perfect for nights out and stuff like that. Has plenty of manual controls so makes it a kickass little point and shooter with enough le-way to learn the basics of SLR use.

Nikon D50 SLR

Got it in the sales with an 18-55 lens, and also bought a 50mm F1.8 lens for portraits. Nice little SLR.

10. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

dSLR

300d/Digital Rebel

havent spent anything on accessores (other than AA's for the flash) bought everything at once.

I have only every upgraded my digital camera once, I had a Fuji s5000 before it. but I had that one for about 18 months.

11. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Hey why so many of you fellows have Sony Digital Cams?

Are they really good?

Cause I've played around few ranging from $300-450 and man did they not surprise me. Well actually most things were alright but nothing too shabby, quite high price and the low FPS of the screen annoyed me. Please if you could tell me about your Sony experiences. I probably missed out on something.

12. Endoxus

Endoxus What's a Dremel?

Nikon - D70s dSLR
    Nikon - F90X Film SLR
    Nikon - F80 Film SLR
    Nikon - F60 Film SLR

Nikon - Coolscan 4000ED, 4000dpi film scanner, capable of 200mb+ file sizes

How much do i spend: ahhhhh.... too much. the bodies vary between ~$800AUS for the F60 to $2000AUS for the D70s (with lens)
    i have spent around $4000AUS on lenses and flash units (over the past 7-8 years)

most recent purchase was the D70s + 2lenses +memory cards,bags etc, spent around $3000AUS, not looking to upgrade in the foreseeable future. (maybe to the D200 when i have some $ in a few years), last purchase before that was about 6 years ago, so athough i buy expensive equipment, i dont buy it very often. i would prefer to have one good camera that costs heaps but lasts ages, than buy a heap of "cheep" point and shoot cameras that are obsolete in the space of 2 years.

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I bought my F717 about 2 years back, just before my nephew was born, after reading a really good review. I haven't been dissappointed with it (I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about photography, although I do like new toys :D).

I then bought the P10, as I needed a new compact as well (lets face it I think the F717 is a great camera but you can't take it with you on a night out can you :)) and it took the same media as the F717 so it meant I wouldn't have to go out and buy a load of new memory cards.

The P10 has also served me well over the last year and a half and the video mode (believe it or not) was actually better than on the F717...

Unfortunately I stored it on a shelf to close to my HDD DVD recorder and it's messed something up on it (see photo of my nephew I posted earlier) so I am thinking of replacing it soon with either the T30 or a canon Ixus.

And I may replace the F717 in a year or so with the Alpha that's due out soon.

14. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Ive seen/played with quite a few of the sony's, the latest range really suprised me, especially the P200, the lens and metering quality is top notch, better even than some of the more established camera companies like olympus, one area where it really shines is macro with flash, gets the right exposure every time.

Eurrgh, the new Alpha SLRs are just minolta 5Ds with a sony badge on them, never been a fan of minolta SLRs (cheap plasticy crap)

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2006
  15. c@r

c@r What's a Dremel?

Sony Cybershot, 4.1 megapixels, bought for £120 18 months ago. This is as much as I know about my camera, apart from I love it. I know marginally more about photography that I do about cameras- but see above.

It's easy to use, I can take really good quality pictures that size up nicely, it's small, compact, not too lightweight and looks slightly girly so not that nickable.

I can't be ar*ed with fannying about with technology as a whole (*gasp* blasphemy!), so one of my 'must-haves' is something I can use without having to plough through reams of instructions. My camera is fairly intuitive. In that I'd never used one before, and I could take a picture and then put it on my PC without reading anything at all- yay Sony!

The only thing I've bought for it is a memory stick and I suspect that's the way it'll stay.

the only reason for me choosing Sony was a) a probably very out-of-date assumption that they consistently produce high-quality stuff no matter what the actul product, b) I love the look of Sony stuff, they seem to have a good design ethic going on, and c) I went into the shop and said to the man 'I'm willing to spend this much money on a camera, tell me how I can make the most of it' and this was one of the options

16. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Sony DSC-717
    Sony DSC-R1

17. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Canon PowerShot A530

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Fujifilm FinePix s602 Zoom.

19. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Ricoh Caplio G3, but saving up for a Canon EOS 350D :eek:

20. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

Canon 350d (dSLR) with the standard 18-55mm lense, gona upgrade soon :)
    Love it :p