1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Jehovah witnesses

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 29 Mar 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not here to offend people but how many of you deliberately hide when they come around i always find its like a military operation someone always catchs them and calls us on the street for us to switch of the lights and hit the deck

They came around last night again like 8pm thats dedication i don't have i mean 9/10 people just don't really care

Theres one however that does'nt push it on me and just asks how the family is he has been coming for around 2 years and i try make an effort to answer the door if its him just because he is a nice person and he makes an effort even though we never read the books (except for the occasion it had multiple colours of sand around the world :eek:)

Others try get me to join bible classes i have 3 "Learn the Bible" Books and a Bible im just too nice im the same guy who gets stopped by the charitys or salesman on the streets i just don't have the heart to ignore someone :p

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

There's a JW church down the street from where my parents live. The always come by each Christmas and Thanksgiving offering people to go their dinners, regardless of faith, as a little community thing. That's mainly because they've given up on conversion, though. When the same families have been living in the same houses on the same street for 20+ years you eventually realize they aren't changing.

They're pretty funny to watch, though. They have a strange tendency to park outside of your vision, sometimes all the way at the top of the street, then walk up to your door so you can't hear or see them coming and get prepared. Maybe it's just paranoia, but I'm convinced they do it on purpose.

3. Penfold101

Penfold101 What's a Dremel?

My dad always used to invite them in, and after they'd gotten over the shock he'd start asking them questions about the UFO mentioned in the book of Ezekial...

4. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I have a right go at them, it's funny to see every one of their questions get answered. Although with my sister's friend, they followed her and her nan home and spent about an hour and a half trying to get them to answer the door. Once, they kept posting the same books and they were left with a huge pile of them in the porch :duh:

5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

The ones around here are nice people, they're not pushy at all. I just politely tell them im not interested but thank them for visiting anyway.

There was one bloke in America though who said i was going to hell, meh, at least it will be warm.

G0UDG likes this.
  6. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

All but one that have come to my door just give me the propaganda booklet and leave when I tell them I'm not interested. The only time I've had to slam the door in one of their faces was when some old lady (not sure if she was mormon, jahovas witness or some other nutter religon) kept spouting passages from the bible and trying to invite herself in.

7. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I live near the extension site of their Headquarters, north of NYC.... they are relentless.... I think it is mainly because they don't really have a set group that goes out, seems like it is always new people. Some of them have been really polite and courteous, and leave when they are told nicely that we have no interest in what they are saying.... Others need to be told in no uncertain terms that they are trespassing and we will call the police if they do not remove themselves from our property immediately.... :grr:

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I used to let the dog deal with them

You like this lads..... About a year ago they came knocking round my mates house one Sunday morning just as he was on the way out of the door heading to me. He opened the door told them to go through to the front room when where his misses was chilling out and said "she'll talk to you all morning if you want". He then shut the door behind him, jumped in the car and took off...lol

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

I am an atheist through and through but regardless I always give people like this the time of day, ignorance breeds hatred, believe me. It's good to learn about these things, the trick is to tell them straight up when they start talking that you are (or you may not be!) an atheist, but you would still like to hear what they have to say, despite not having any intention of following it up. If it gets boring just politely say, excuse me I have something else to do.

G0UDG likes this.
  10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I treat them like any door-to-door salesman: "No thank you, I am happy with the belief system that I have at the moment".

Mik3yB @ CCL likes this.
  11. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Wait.. You're not supposed to shoot them on sight?

Oh bugger.

TCoZ likes this.
  12. KidMod-Southpaw

Door- to- door atheists, sounds like a good idea.

13. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

:sigh: If you could actually convert someone to common sense...

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

If common sense was so common everyone would have it :D

G0UDG likes this.
  15. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

well as they don't believe in evolution, i used to let them talk and then i would explain my view that deformed bodies, were perhaps a way of the body trying to evolve, i used to get a reply of, 'well i have never thought about that.'

i don't get many jehovas visiting now, hmmm

Teelzebub likes this.
  16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I once opened the door on a Sunday afternoon to be greeted by the usual "Do you believe God is our saviour?" spiel, my reply was "Do you mind I'm about to sacrifice a chicken..." They noted the carving knife in my hand and promptly seemed to perform a tactical retreat/run down the driveway.

I was about to carve Sunday dinner :D

It was kinda funny to see 3 middle aged people move that fast though I will confess :hehe:

17. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Here we have the same 80 year old lady coming once a month.
    After I very politely told her 4 times that I was not interested and that she should not come again, I had enough.
    I said to her that the next time she came I would greet her with a bucket of cold water.
    I Have not seen her in 9 months.

18. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

I haven't seen any JW's since I moved to Ohio but the last time I did see them was classic. I had my music up way too loud from my stereo in the basement. A couple nice big floor-standing speakers cranked up loud enough that it was loud throughout the house, walls and windows shaking. Pretty much the norm for a teen metal-head whose parents were out...

Anyway, I barely heard the door-bell - more something didn't seem right over the Sepultura that I had on. I notice a shadow through the window on the front door. I didn't even bother to turn the music down, opened the door, looked at them both for a second and shut the door.

I can only imagine what they thought of the guy with long hair, torn/blood stained jeans(skating accident that required stitches) and undecipherable screaming metal in the background in whatever language that was... Especially considering the country town...

Anyway, I saw them in the neighborhood several times after that but never at my house.

mvagusta likes this.
  19. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I've always wanted to great them with the phrase:

"Treat your religion like your d*ck, don't show it off in public and don't shove it down other peoples throat".

But since I am a nice person I tend to tell them "no sorry, I am not interested".

20. KidMod-Southpaw

That's what I try to do when I get JW people at the door.