1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming BioShock Gameplay Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Aug 2007.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I can't believe I can't even start the damn game .....

sigh....

stupid PS3

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well one might wonder why one should bother paying the developers and publishers money when they're doing such a reprehensible thing as this. 2 activations just takes the piss. We all know that some cracking group is going to release a totaly fixed copy some day very soon, so copy protection is largely unnecessary.

2K are just asking PC users to pirate it here imo.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

We were already down the order when they released the 360 demo days before the PC one, I am not surprised we have been screwed again :p

4. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

quoted for mother****ing truth

just cancelled my pre-order

no AA = mildly annoying, but i probably would've had to drop detail/res to put aa on anyway
    widescreen issue = silly, shouldn't have even been an issue, but doesnt affect me, forgiveable
    this ********? = get. the. ****. out.

edit: i will take it all back and replace my order if it turns out to be bs/over-reaction, but considering a 2k employee responded i dont hold out much hope...

Last edited: 22 Aug 2007
  5. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

i was going to pre-order
    Glad i read this forum, enjoy yet another lost sale 2K

If you have to crack it to install more then twice, you may as well just pirate the whole damn thing, I'm not giving support when i have to do something questionable just to play my completely legal copy
    And on that note, virtual discs should be allowed too, i don't know about you, but i don't want to destroy my originals

6. impar

impar Minimodder

7. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

Oh My God.

If you abide by the EULA and TOS then you have no problems, I understand if your HDD fails and you've got a problem reinstalling you'd need to contact securom but honestly, you'd already be talking to Microsoft for the same reason!!!

This ******** over the FOV (OMG i'm missing 1/2" of screen, NOOOOOOOO) and activation (OMFG I can't break the rules and steal somebody's IP, those damn money grubbers!!!) is rediculous. If a game sucks and/or is bugged all to hell i can see the reason why you wouldn't want to buy it/return it. but for petty issues like this? come on guys, seriously, welcome to the 21st century and grow up. :wallbash:

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yes but people have already contacted SecuROM about the issue and no, they don't let you call them and get a key. They send you a generic email saying "Hi there, contact 2k".

As pointed out in the linked thread, clearly if people using the game "as you normally do" are noticing this issue. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many pissed off customers out there.

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Do you usually uninstall the software when you reformat? Because I dont.

AA issue? Solved.
    Wide screen issue? Dont care.
    Activation issue? Deal breaker.

10. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

also solved actually

11. Smileypanda

Smileypanda Bonobo armer

Hello all. I plan to install this game on a new MacBook Pro (128MB 8600M) using bootcamp with Windows Vista. I know about the widescreen issue, which I can deal with. The activation limit may be a problem. Are there any other issues I should know about? And my preliminary opinion (after playing the demo on my desktop), this game blows HL2 out of the water.

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

13. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

:wallbash:

14. steveo_mcg

The important part though is that securom are to take responsibility for making sure you can get another key if something goes wrong, no?

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

And thus far all they've done is referred people onwards to 2K.

16. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

So I jsut wanted to post my reactions to this game. I played it for about 5-6 hours last night and it's the best game I have played in a long long time. I didn't read about the activation stuff until now, but I have to say it would be a crazy waste to not play this game over that. Also some other problems I have heard people talking about(poor textures and such) I haven't noticed. All of the textures have looked good so far, maybe they didn't install the new drivers or something. Also I have been running it with everything maxed except for global lighting at 1920x1080 and its running well. I played it this long without receiving any gamebreaking stuttering or slowdown, or even enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game. This is on a C2D at 3.25GHz with 2Gb ram and a x1900xtx.

17. steveo_mcg

This is in fact the same game that you play with the railways, not our fault speak to network rail, oh not our fault speak to virgin... etc.

I am however only passing on info from another forum which others may not bother to read. :sigh:

18. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

the issue i have with this is that it does zip, zero, nadda, nothing to stop piracy, all it does is piss off people who paid for it
    i do not want to be pissed off, so im not paying for it
    ill reconsider if/when they release a patch that removes securom (this isnt unprecedented btw, off the top of my head i believe supcom and quake4 both had patches released that removed copy protection, i own both these games :p)

19. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

"this is a measure to make sure people don't pirate the game, not to stop users from playing it."

Bioshock, available from all good torrent sites and some crap ones right now....... lol :p

Mines coming in the post tomorrow from Play.com, I cant wait I might not sleep tonight dispite all this crap with activation and stuff :D

20. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

So if a great storyline and good gfx doesn't float your boat, what does?

Tags: Add Tags