1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Formula 1 2004 Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hiren, 8 Mar 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'll believe it when I see it on the track - after all, everyone agreed to ban traction control from the begining on the 2003 season. Which then slipped to Silverstone, and then failed to materialise at all.

More details on the changes proposed here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20938
    http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/20941

It's interesting how they're going to 'discuss' engine capacity....

2. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

I agree. What a load of crock. You'll see a lot more crashes in future and not by Schumi. Then they will decide that a lot of the gizmo's will be allowed again.

In my opinion they should make other rules. Like limit the sponsoring money per car. All excess money should be spent on other cars. You wouldn't be sponsoring a car, but a sport.

3. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Spanish GP. What a stunning example of Ferrari Schupremacy (did you see what I did there)? :D

4. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Just seen the results (missed the race again). All I have to say is.....

GO SATO!!! Really like the little Japanese guy getting a good finish much deserved. Certainly showing that you don't have to be a big driver or a big team to do well. BAR form continues even without Jenson getting a podium.

5. GreatOldOne

Hopefully we'll see more of Sato as the season progresses.

All in all, an OK race. The start was fantastic - seing Trulli scream off the line and into the lead was great.

After that, the only real excitment was wondering if Schumi's exhaust was going to fall off. :D

Roll on Monaco - a race that always throw up unexpected results!

6. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Lets hope Coulturd stalls again and gets stuck behind a slower car. No Arrows this time, but seeing as Minardi bought their old cars, they will be a good substitute :D

7. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

F1 is too clinical these days. Computers have more control over the car than the driver. in the days of Nansel it was all driver . thrills and spills on every corner. now in the days of safety nannies and Schie its dull. i prefer BTCC instead.

GO PLATO!!!!!!!!

8. Piratetaco

Alonso is the man.flipping the bird to R Schumacher .that was hilarious,he is a racing/comedy god.plus the robot is out and seems very pissed(BTW i'm talking about Schumacher).

Last edited: 23 May 2004
  9. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Man what a race, best for AGES! Congrats to Trulli on his first win, pitty JB couldnt have taken it, that damn Minardi lol!

10. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

I don't think the Minardi would've made that much difference TBH. Still a great race though and a basic error from Schumi!

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

has to said, OH MY GOD! what a race! monaco best race this season, go trulli and button!! :D

12. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Got to be the best race this season by far, OK Button didnt win, but he gave it a damned good shot.

This should boost the ratings a wee bit.

13. GreatOldOne

My god, it was like watching F1 again! We haven't had such a close finish for YEARS!

I IMPLORE YOU, OH GODS OF MOTOR RACING, GIVE US MORE!!!! :D

14. BjD

BjD What's a Dremel?

Monaco's always a good race, nice to see someone other than Schumacher win :D

Comedy moment of the season so far too, Alonso 'flippin the bird' as he came backwards out of the tunnel :hehe: Respect :D

15. Piratetaco

some one some where must have a video of Alonso flipping the bird at little Schie.i soooooo need it.

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Or when Raikkonen got interviewed, and was asked what he thought of the big accident, his reply what accident.

Ermmm what about a car on its roof for starts.

17. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

The best race of the season so far for sure, but would it would never have been that interesting or exciting if not for the accidents.

Before I go any further I have to get something out of my system...

RALF YOU ARE A ************** ** ** * * ** ***

FFS Why is nobody doing anything about this (lately) retard driver.
    He is making s*** at almost every single event.
    If it were up to me I would have him banned for the rest of the season and his racing licensed revoked. Honestly, his attitude these last few months is the worst I have ever seen in Formula 1. He seems to think that everyone on the track owes him something, probably because he is Michael’s brother don't you know :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He is the most arrogant ass**** ever.

Ok, rant over, back to the race.

I am shocked at some of the things that happened during the Monaco race.
    Shocked because a Professional & Experienced sport such as Formula 1 should do much MUCH better than what they did today.

For one thing, the marshals.
    People always keep on slating Silverstone, I totally agree that the track & facilities need serious attention, and that it is a disgrace to British Motor Racing as a whole that its in the condition its in, and that its taking so long to sort out. But when other circuits, such as Monaco do something wrong, nobody mentions a thing.

Webber having to get out of his car, get a fire extinguisher, and put his own car's fire out, that is ridiculous.
    And what on earth were those idiot marshals doing during the race involving the incident by Rascasse?!?!?! Standing in the track like that.
    Honestly, they should know better, or at least the race director or whoever is responsible for such things should have informed them of proper procedures before the race.
    In fact in every single incident that happened in today's race, the marshal's were - for lack of a better word - PATHETIC.

BAR have amazed me by their pace so far, but after what happened today I am feeling a bit sour towards the team. They should know better than letting Sato out, and Honda has no excuse either as they have been involved in Formula 1 in the past and have a lot of experience.
    It astounds me that so many rules & regulations & penalties are in place to make the sport 'safer' yet obvious things such as this example are not thought of - personally I hope to see team BAR issued with a penalty for this, such as demoting one of their cars to the back of the grid for the next race.

As for the already infamous incident between MS & JPM - I am glad the race officials 'let Montoya off the hook' because it was very clear to see that MS braked very hard, in a dark tunnel, Montoya clearly moved to the right to try and avoid running in the back of him, but MS's car veered to the right thus causing them to touch. If it's anyone's fault it's MS's. And I am so sick of Ross Brawn slagging off every single driver on the track when something happens to MS. Open your eyes you moron.

I apologise in advance for some of the ranting & any inconsistencies in the above. I am just so frustrated by what goes on in Formula 1 nowadays :sigh:

EDIT :

Forgot to mention 2 more things...

Firstly -
    DC mentioned that Sato had jumped the start, there were not enough replays of this for me to comment, but the point is that even though DC mentioned it, nobody investigated, or maybe they did behind the scenes but none of the commentators mentioned anything at all which I am annoyed about.

Secondly -
    The back markers, how many times, sorry...how many years does this sort of thing need to go on. I think the race officials should just be a LOT tougher on this sort of thing. Drive through penalties are fine for during the race punishment, but in my opinion the team, & the driver involved should both be fined after the race aswell. And in the case of repeat 'hold ups' then grid slot penalties > championship points deducted > race bans (in that order) should be handed out.
    And don't even get me started on the whole Ferrari / Sauber so called conspiracy - it's clear as ******* daylight that Sauber always helps them out :grr:

Last edited: 23 May 2004
  18. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

I agree with everything you just said.

Though with the BAR-Sato thing, I think, they must of either thought it was overfilled with oil, OR, they were gonna try and get him to the first set of pitstops to see what they could do.
    Just a thought... Don't Flame me! :worried:

Trulli is God. :cooldude:

19. Piratetaco

i totally agree. RS has been involved with several big crashes and no one seems to be doing **** all about it.

and the MS crash. i know if you hit someone from behind its cos you are going too fast etc.but this is motor racing. what was MS thinking? speeding round a road circuit .no you don't just slam your brakes on in a dark tunnel. JPM didn't have any time to react.just BAM!!! and MS is skiding out.

:best part of the race:
    Alonso flipping the bird

20. RTT

RTT #parp

Agreed, man. What the hell was he thinking? :confused: :wallbash:

Tags: