1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A "Go Los Angeles" multipass for my forthcoming holiday.

Covers 30+ attractions including just about everything worth seeing except Disneyland.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

My metal engineering ruler, which I've had since I was an apprentice fitter in the coal mines, is no more. You can get really good quality replacements for less than a tenner these days, but I'm feeling a bit low so I thought I'd treat myself:

[​IMG]

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Some Blurays:- Captain America:Civil War (3D), Grimm seasons 1 & 4.

An MOT.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

4 cans of tamiya spray paint. thinking about it now i should have nabbed an extra can of grey primer

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Finally picked up a Dell U2415 but my MacBook GPU is still broken so it's sitting on my desk with nothing to power it. I'm resisting the urge to rummage through the old parts box to put a ghetto rig together...

Also dropped my borked 50D off for fixing today and gave Canon my 7DMkII and 100-400 for calibration. I am pretty happy with my own work with AF microadjust, but I was there and it was cheap :D

7. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

My experience with AF microadjust is mixed - usually the lens will perform excellently at certain focal lengths but poorly at others. Suffice to say it's a quick fix for a more serious lens problem (in my case it was a Sigma 17-70mm). I'm not sure if Sigma have improved their QC in the last five years but the Sigma lenses I used to use were very hit-and-miss, despite having fantastic optical quality.

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's an absolutely stunning monitor! I bought one to use with the Ultrabase in my office at work because I do so much photo editing and graphics work there now. Just a phenomenal thing, I have yet to see a better 24" monitor. And my new P2715Q on my gaming setup at home is even better. I don't have a monitor on any setup which isn't a Dell now! :hehe:

9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

[​IMG]

Palit GTX 1070 Gamerock!

Just fit. Yes that is a venturi box ontop of the case to house the radiator fans. No the cables will be left like that after the lid is back on. Yes it eats everything I throw at it. Holy Christ.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

That's what I found. After I made my adjustments, it was perfect through most of the zoom range but a little iffy out at 400mm. Having seen what this lens (which I bought around June last year) can do at 400mm with my 50D and a variety of rental bodies, I knew I wasn't getting everything out of it with my 7D2, whatever the reason. for 99% of my work (editorial) it's okay anyway, but as I said, I was at the service centre, so it made sense to have them look at it.

The reviews, both professional and user, convinced me a long time ago, I've just been putting it off because of a combination of factors (moving, laziness, travel).

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Blackweb Centaur gaming keyboard. Only thing local that had more than 6 key roll over and looked solid. It weighs a few pounds. Solid, to kill things in real life too.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

BizLink DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Adapter

[​IMG]

It allows me to run my DVI only Dell 3007WFP-HC via DP. Cheers to Jinq for pointing it out.

I reckon it'll be several years before I have to even think about changing monitors. :)

Last edited: 10 Sep 2016
  13. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

"Tecknet hs800" 7.1 headphones with mic for Battlefield buffoonery.

I wish I'd read the reviews though: despite 1.8k reviews and overall positive rating, it seems they changed the design some time ago and now it's a real faff getting them to work properly with Windows 10.

I haven't tried them yet but I sense fun & games ahead. When did headphones get so damn complicated?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Vibration-Headphone-Microphone-Connection-Black/dp/B00EZCU5PY

Edit: apparently they now ship with a W10 driver which they didn't previously so they should work, in theory at least. :)

Last edited: 10 Sep 2016
  14. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I'd be in the same boat if I was happy with the U3014. When it works it's awesome, but I really think that Dell have taken some serious QC (and indeed production) shortcuts since the era of the 2407 and 3007. My experience of the U3014 is definitely not what you'd reasonably expect from a £1K+ display. But ho hum... I get by, and I look forward to having a spare £2K to drop on something better when the time comes. :D

My most recent purchases are two tinlets of acrylic paint and various modelling accessories. Oh, and some telescopic back scratchers from Tesco.

16. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Or they pay the pet more attention than you, treat you like dog poop and you end up leaving.

17. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

A bunch of stuff bought over the last couple of months - almost enough to build myself a new little gaming PC! Just need to decide on the case and SSD...
    [​IMG]

18. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Nice nice, Neil. Enjoy! :)

19. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Thanks, and I see you've picked up my old X79 stuff, it's a proper little merry-go-round here! :lol:

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A lightweight camping chair for next season's festivals.
    A decent mic for gaming / podcasting / streaming (should either 2 or 3 take my fancy...)