1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: HourBeforeDawn, 10 of August

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HourBeforeDawn, 27 Oct 2006.

1. customh

customh conflagration.

All is beautiful, animals and case.

2. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

i think dogs r cool

3. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

nice dog, smart cat :rock:

the more I see that case, the sweeter it looks
    *takes note to take closer look at the mountainmods website*

4. zhangmaster12

ME WANTS UPDATE!!!!!!

5. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Patients Patients updates will be soon, right now the weather is not great but tomorrow is suppose to be sunny so I will be getting more paint work done. So there will probably be an update tomorrow. ^^

6. Ultimate Gamer

Ultimate Gamer What's a Dremel?

looking very nice hope it turns out the way you want it :D

7. zhangmaster12

sry, sry, i just needed more. i was craving my daily dose of awsome mods.

anyway, I LOVE THE PAINT JOB

8. HourBeforeDawn

ah no worries mate, I wasnt offended, no I take great gratitude when I know someone enjoys the work I do and I dont mind from time to time the occasional bring on the updates as it keeps me focused on the project but just dont let it happen to often as with all great things, it takes time and shouldnt be rushed, hell I have been working on this paint and doing it over and over for the past month or so just getting it right how I like it. ^^

By the way its suppose to be sunny tomorrow so I will try to get some more paint work done and take some pics of it all put together to get a basline of how it all fits and see if i need to change up some things.

9. HourBeforeDawn

Well I still have some wetsanding and a final coat to go on this case but I decided to do a test assembly and see how it looks and see if I wanted to change anything as well as figure out if I was going to leave it the way it is or buff it to a mirror like finish and well Im looking at it and Im thinking Im going to leave it as it is and wetsand it and put a final coat and I will be done.

Anyhow here are some pics. ^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When I get another full day of sunshine and good weather, I will finish up the paintwork on the case and be able to call it done on that part ^^
    Also I did decide to change one thing and that is the hard drive brackets, I will be repainting those to be Red instead of black

Last edited: 19 Nov 2006
  10. zhangmaster12

YESYESYESYESEYES UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i am soo happy.

great great paintjob, cant w8 till it wetsanded and 2nd coat. mabey u should was it when ur done, like soylent green

btw, how strong are the jbwled joints? is it sturdy enought to trake to lans frequently?
    sry bout the jb weld q's im building a case and im thinking of using it :thumb: .

11. HourBeforeDawn

no problem about the questions, if you do it right the JBWeld is real strong and will hold you for sure, you would have to take a grinder to it to break those joints, also ya there will be more pics after I get the wetsand and final coats done as well. ^^

12. elliod

elliod What's a Dremel?

wow man really love the paint skeam and that rear grill .
    keep up the good work.

13. zhangmaster12

Thank you very much 4 ur patience bout my jb weld q's (as you can see i dont have much xperience with glues/cold welds other than glueing/welding hands together)

14. HourBeforeDawn

hey no problem half the fun of building a computer and making a work log like this is the interaction I get with other people who either enjoy what I do or want to know how I did it and I love teaching people how to do things and answer questions as best as I can as well as learn from other people who have done this kind of stuff as well. ^^
    So questions and comments are more than welcome as long as they dont go to far to the negetive/nasty side of things Im cool with it.

Last edited: 19 Nov 2006
  15. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

Hey.. Nicelly doned getting on front page dude! :thumb:

16. HourBeforeDawn

OMG WOOT WOOT WOOT, Im on the front page, wow this is totally awesome :clap: :rock: :clap: :rock: :clap:
    Also I was like what does Eponymous? mean lol because thats the title they gave my case and I wiki it and it happens to mean "Self Titled" lol so Im like oh hey thats really cool hehe.

Oh and I will be getting the sound dampening foam in today so I will be putting that in and if I have some time work on the outside of the case and the panels getting the final wetsand done and putting on the last coat of paint... I hope lol ^^

Last edited: 20 Nov 2006
  17. zhangmaster12

FRONT PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :thumb:

18. customh

customh conflagration.

Nice, last pic looks pink though.

19. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Congrats on the front page man! The case itself is looking real good also (plus the added bonus of quite funny animal pics, you can see that they have different personalities by their looks :hehe:).

Keep at this bugger, I know it's going to look great once it's done.

Janne

20. HourBeforeDawn

Thanks today has been my day, everything has been going great, Im on the front page of BT, I win this auction for this kickass thing for $230.00us and well new this thing sells for around $800.00us which I will keep secret a little longer but its for this case build, This cute girl Im into said yes to going to the movies this weekend, man I am in 7th Heaven right now. ^^

PS: I got the sound dampening foam, its getting pretty dark so I may not be able to get to it tonight but if I do I will post pics asap. If not tomorrow for sure. ^^

Last edited: 21 Nov 2006