1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Religion - What are you?

Discussion in 'General' started by JADS, 13 Jul 2002.

1. jamnog

jamnog Guest

well when ever i fill in a form i put
    religeon : n/a

2. jamnog

jamnog Guest

SCORN SCORN

has anyone seen empire strikes back?

3. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

i am very confused. how can the world be as it is, with all its rules and theories to explain and calculate things, theories such as the big bang and all different things to do with everything, AND there be god/gods/things controlling and making things. perhaps its kinda like the matrix??
    by the way. are there any religious scientists on the boards?

4. cderalow

cderalow bondage master!

If he is God, how can he believe in something higher or in another God?

5. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

the way i see it is there has to be something as nature just works too well, trees take in what we breath & give out what we breath, if that was down to evolotion i dont think we would ahve survived as we would ahve all choaked from lack of oxygen

so there has to be stomething out there & i dont wanna follow a faith blindly until i meet the higher being & as the higher being knows all then they will understand my thoughts

6. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

Cderalow I think you're missing K's point.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

Agnostic

8. K

K 528491

It is not the denial of something 'technically higher than yourself'. :rolleyes: It is in reference to an almighty deity of some sort. A God would not be an Atheist. I think as rK@NE pointed out, you're missing the point here...

9. YodaTuna

YodaTuna What's a Dremel?

There were no animals on land while the earth still lacked significant oxygen, but their were plants to produce oxygen, plus oxygen being released from other sources. Early land dwellers probably didn't need as much oxygen as we do now.

10. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

--been saying it myself for years

only religion could be strong enough in ones mind to cause a war. the crusades are like the classic. "in gods name i kill you, because he told me so..."

i dont really have anything against religious people, in fact most of my friends are catholic. i just like to stay away from it at all costs.

11. rK@NE

rK@NE Rover's gonna get it...

Everyman to his own belief at the end of the day. I personally believe in God.

The only thing I really find irritating and this goes for both Theists and Atheists; People who force their belief/ideas onto you.

Don't do it, It's not nice.

12. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

its people like this man who have scared me away from religion. personally, i started to laugh my pants off when he spoke of "dingle berrys"

it all seems against the odds. if god makes me burn in hell for helping little ol grannies cross the street, but i refuse to believe in him because i have no real proof, then he would just be a jackass... so im just going to keep on doing what im doing.

13. YodaTuna

YodaTuna What's a Dremel?

Psst... Landover Baptist is a satire site, everything on it is fake, but if you want something to be scared of try www.chick.com or www.tencommandments.org

14. DRR104

DRR104 What's a Dremel?

I wonder how many Jedi's the UK has after the last census....:D

15. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

crazy

some peoples minds are... out there... whew.
    wonder what people think about us....

16. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

its times like this when i wish i believed in something that will save me from all the insane cults who want to kill everyone

17. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

damn Bible Bashers and btw "The Jesus Army" was spotted very close to RTT's house. This is no lie i was stuck in a traffic jam and the bus wasn't far behind and i was in close proximity to RTT's house. :D

18. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Re: SCORN SCORN

"Luke gets his hand cut off, learns vader is his father, han gets frozen and taken away. It ends on such a down note. That's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of muppets."
    Dante in "Clerks"
    Best movie ever.

19. samuelellis

& you did not go to make sure they did not get there tut tut tut, they will now be calling him brother RTT, posessor of the buddy jesus image

/me running down the street screaming NO MORE BUDDY JESUS :lol:

20. samuelellis

i feel ill after reading that tencommandments.org surely they cant be the words of a relegious person, saying that all of societys ills are based on athests & that its only athiests are are killers & homosexuals should be killed

get it out of my brain, they are not the teachings of relegion, i want the time i wasted reading that site back, leve me & my little world where i believe in a higher power but dont know what the higher power is alone