1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The Division - General

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 25 Feb 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Playing the Underground DLC but it slowly dawned on me, I say slowly as I am level 13, that what is the point as it seems to the same operation each time?

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Patch 1.4 is looking like the big one. so much so that they delayed the Survival expansion and bought in the community to help them. It looks like this could be the defining "endgame stops being ****" patch.

there's more to follow but damn, I cant wait.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah 1.4 is looking like it's going to be a really good patch after watching the state of the game yesterday.

4. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I really like the look of what they are trying to achieve with this patch.

I got sick of the bullet sponges and insta death. I love the game, but I don't want to spend my free time grinding missions to get the perfect gear.

I enjoy a more casual approach with friends where we have fun and pick up what gear we can. Because we play this way, there's no way at the moment of us getting through underground levels on challenging (god forbid we would even attempt heroic). As we only play on 'Hard' the gear we collect is pretty much useless to us, so most nights are without any reward at all (other than some fun - which is what we play for anyway).

Sadly though, most of my gaming friends have stopped playing this game due to the frustrations of how it plays now. As I still enjoy the single player game, I've just got my 4th character up to level 30. While I wait for the new patch, I plan on deleting my 2nd character and starting over again.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

quick heads up it looks like the PTS goes live for us next monday, for the first week everyone starts with a fresh lvl 30 with purples to test going from GS0 to 160 in world tier 1

2nd week we can use our own characters from the live server and can play on all world tiers

3rd week apparently we're getting given free items to test min/maxing gear sets, no idea how we're getting them tho

the PTS is basically a whole new game download so you might wanna free up some space beforehand :)

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Err, what is PTS?

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

depends if you're going to spend the next 4 pages destroying this thread by whinging about everything. :eyebrow:

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

If you don't know the answer then just admit it. No need to get precious about it.

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

It's the Player Test Server, where they can tinker with the game and let the whole world be their QA department.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Interesting.
    Much obliged. Thanks.

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

So the PTS has concluded and its been announced that 1.4 will drop on the 25th of Oct. they've also stated that they're going to do another PTS come survivals release.

tuesday cant come soon enough. the build of 1.4 on the PTS was awesome. :clap:

12. The_Crapman

Sooo looking forward to this. I didn't play on the pts, didn't see much point as nothing would contribute to my main char and I could watch all the YouTube vids about the upcoming change. Mananaged to get enough phoenix credits for all the lvl32 gear mod blueprints, only to find out now that there will be lvl 33 come 1.4 release. :rolleyes: might have to churn some Lexington to get those credits back. lol

One slightly annoying thing is I just got a striker set, which will be being needed in 2 days. But on the GINOURMOUS plus side, I won't need a super dps build to be able to kill anything.

13. Chris_Waddle

Due to work and life getting in the way (plus each 'patch' taking me a day to download), I didn't get too much time on the PTS.
    I did enjoy it and thought they had definitely improved the game. I'm glad they cut back on the amount of loot dropping, it was a bit too much in week 3.

The new tier system seemed to work nicely. I get bored with the underground and re-playing missions just for grinding's sake so I have taken to creating extra characters. I've actually built 5 characters up to level 30 (had to delete one to get a 5th as four is the most you can have). The tier system will hopefully work well to get better kit for my new characters when I create them.

I've also saved up a few cache's obtained in the Underground in the normal game; hopefully I'll be able to open these after the patch has installed for some new gear. My plan tonight (if I get time) is to rackup a few more cache's and once I finally get the patch downloaded work out what on earth I need to do with my gear.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

16. Chris_Waddle

That's a large and interesting list. Started my download earlier (4.77gig) - should hopefully be complete by the time I get home tonight.

Really looking foward to trying this out.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

Played some of this tonight, truthfully it went from too hard to too easy. Normal Underground tier 4 gives 1-2 set pieces a run. might take a while but you can solo normal.

using a 204 scar can 3 shot all enemies in the mode outside of the boss.

18. Chris_Waddle

I'm really happy with it, set the world tier to 4 and did a couple of search and destroy missions. Playing solo, these were quite tough as my gear / guns have been slightly nerfed (I play with 4 x reclaimer and 2 x sentry, so not that tough). I don't mind this and hopefully will pickup some new guns along the way.

Luckily I managed to get 3 friends (who had stopped playing) to download the patch and we started off with a couple of the daily and weekly missions - really enjoyed them.

It definately has been made easier, we were able to run a 2 tier Hard underground with all 5 directives on and made it through. We all died several times but worked together to get through it. We would never have made it through before and it was why my friends stopped playing. They wanted to complete the missions but Normal was too easy, Hard was ok but with only 1 or 2 directives on and anything above that was impossible.

The issue before for them was that on Hard the rewards were worthless and they very rarely got to improve their gear. If we tried levels above Hard to get better gear we would fail, if we tried the DZ we would just get griefed and so they got bored/frustrated and left. I did keep with it and did gear up, but it was a real slog and often not really enjoyable.

Now that we can make it through these (even though we still found it really tough), my friends enjoyed it and they got some new gear which made the effort worth it.

I personally don't mind that gear is easier to come by - if it means my friends will stick with the game then I'm sure other players will too and the game will keep going.

19. The_Crapman

I think one draw back is there's a bigger penalty for running lower gear. I was running with 5 peice striker, although 2 bits were only 214 from blueprints. I could take a fair of whack of damage with circa 400K toughness, but that same gear now only gives 200K. Even changing it out and running a medley of gear with the highest armour I've got, (got back up to 300-330k toughness), I still get killed quicker than I used to.

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you should be thinking tactically about your engagements. its a whole new game now especially when fighting in WT4