1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News The end

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Nov 2021.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

All very much missed. *sigh*. Life eh?

2. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I don't even know how to phrase how I feel. I've been here a decade or so. So much has changed for me, both internally and without. I came here from the Magazine. And stayed for the Cheesecake.

I've done everything from be helpful to being a total **** on this forum. I know it won't go away, but no reviews will be a slow death on top of a slow death.

Mylons I gave you my blessing. You say good things are coming..you better be right..or you will never have a good poo again!

Brooxy, The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'm still waiting for CK to pop up and leave a post with 150 emoticons :D

Brooxy and perplekks45 like this.
  4. sk8ter646

sk8ter646 Minimodder

Wow afterall these years its over! hopefully we can keep the forum community alive!

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  5. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Crikey, that's a bit of a shock.

I haven't posted in here for quite a while, but I still usually pop in for a look a 2-3 times per week or so.

I know I irritated a few people a few years back, but it was never personal - I'd like to hope I got on well with most people most of the time, (that was always my intention anyway).

Other than that, good luck to all the staff in whatever it is you're doing next. If it is starting a new, similar project then hopefully I find out what / where it is so I can take a look there...

Cheers everyone!

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  6. Xir

Xir Modder

A stupid question I can't seem to read the answer to between the lines of the announcemant....why?

Truth be told, I never even heared of "Hexus".
    The forums were (and probably are) the strong point of Bit-Tech.

Any other form, really. Same here.

Wouldn't know where to go to for information now. I came her from Tomshardware and Anandtech, when they both turned "commercial" and were full of clickbaity **** and/or were completely 'murica centered.
    Been here from back when I was in the industry myself. From the previous forum in the early 2000's.

A sad day,

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Sad news I came here after reading the very decent mag CPC. It was a blow when MicroMart stopped now this:waah:

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

All will be explained next week hopefully.
    That's why we're dedicated to keeping them up

Dot_Kappa likes this.
  9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Although I'm not an active forum member anymore I still regularly come back to read the articles, you will be missed.

Tattysnuc and The_Crapman like this.
  10. Xir

Xir Modder

May the Relix be with you :grin:

11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

They suffer from what I think of as, Future Publishing Clickbait Disease.

Tattysnuc, The_Crapman and Big Elf like this.
  12. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I still can’t get my head around why the site would just turn off all reviews and advertising.

Even if things aren’t going to plan, moving forward with advertising even at a reduced rate without the need for reviews and news outside of discussing external links would still yield some profits.

A bill even for the current state of the site must still be a thing, hosting isn’t free so where does that come from?

I can see the site falling off the face of the earth in to nothing more than Google archives within a couple of years.

It’s sad really.

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We own the hardware and rent the rack space. The hardware bit is on is a 2x 64 core epyc with half a terabyte of RAM, We also have a second one of these the public know about. on a quite day, but busy for other stuff I work on, I can make it look like noise. We can host it for as long as we want.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2021
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm curious. When you say 'we', do you mean The Media Team employees (or former Media Team employees)? Appreciate you might not be in a position to reveal anything, not trying to put you in a position that would drop you in the ****.

15. MLyons

Byron C likes this.
  16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

So long and thanks for the Relix. :lol:

As an on / off member for 16 years it's sad, but not unexpected given the move to social media. I've always enjoyed the quality of the discussion on here - generally a cut-above the rest of the internet. Thanks all

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

upload_2021-11-5_14-47-34.jpeg

Sadtimes indeed - I don't post that much these days (to be fair, did I ever?), but even so, bit-tech has been a staple of my daily browse for over a decade. It's always lacked much of the bloat that other tech outlets have and whilst generally having fewer articles, I've always seen the articles that are posted as being of a high standard.

Glad to hear the forums are remaining - at least I can still lurk on them.

Fizzban and The_Crapman like this.
  18. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

On a positive note - I’m still drawn to here even without the news and reviews to read. It might be for the community, or subconscious muscle memory, or early onset dementia sending me to a safe place. So, I’ll still be lurking and even occasionally posting for advice :happy:

Tattysnuc, Fingers66, Byron C and 2 others like this.
  19. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

First Hexus, now Bit-tech. I am seriously gutted - it feels like I've lost someone close to me. Very weird.

Thank you - as a CPC subscriber and refugee I can't thank you enough for all your content, and that overclocking competition in Leicester square all those years ago.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Well damn - this is something I wasn't expecting. Very happy that the forums are staying, but sad that such a long journey has come to an end. I'm not going anywhere... I'm such a nerd, nowhere else will have me. :lol:

Tattysnuc, Flibblebot and The_Crapman like this.