1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Tourist

Tourist - [4/10]

They put toghether a good cast, Johnny and Angelina play there parts very well, there is quite some potential in the story, but they mess it up completely because it is too bloody obvious. If I would need to tell somebody what this movie is really about, I would do it with the following joke:
    It's yellow, slightly curved, you can peel it and then eat it, monkey's love them, but it is NOT a banana. What is it?
    hahaha, it is banana anyway! LOL

2. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

127 - 6/10

After seeing Frozen, I don't understand why I still decided to watch 127. The Story is as precitable, no sorry, even more predictable then Frozen (that is a challenge by itself). But they managed to turn this silly short story into a pretty good film (considering it could have turned out like frozen). And even though it is about a guy getting trapped/stuck ALONE, they STILL managed to put two pretty girls in there underwear in the movie.

For everybody that has seen Frozen, this is must see movie so your faith in movies can be restored.

Approved!

3. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

I watched Zombieland last night...

I'd give it 8 out of 10. I liked it quite a bit - I love how it's almost a film version of Left4Dead, with it's video-gamey add-ins and feel. An amusing in places script but overall a good zombie film, and certainly better than this bizarre proliferation of vampire films and tv series that seem to just be either hollyoaks/90210/dawsons creek, etc etc with pointy teeth...

4. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

The fighter (9/10)

Gripping stuff, serious with the odd light hearted moment! The last 45min had me on the edge of my seat! Great performances all round!

Go see it!

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Thanks for the suggestion, I finally got around to watching it tonight and I agree - brilliant.

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I watched 'Of Gods and Men' last night. Trailer seemed promising but the movie was too slow and preachy for my taste. 7/10 because I was in a good mood and the popcorn was yummy.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The boat that rocked
    7/10
    Entrtaining, good, fun characters, a bit long.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Watched Crank, Rescue Dawn and Thank You For Smoking last night (awwww yeahhh)

Crank gets a 9/10, really enjoyed it.

Rescue Dawn gets a 9/10 for everything but the last ten minutes, 6/10 including the ending. I know it's based on a true story, but it really could have been done better IMO.

Thank You For Smoking gets a 6/10, it was trying too hard to be clever.. or something. Didn't enjoy it too much, but it was nice visually.

9. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

Watched Black swan on saturday.

Did not really want to watch it but my wife wanted to. That said i really thought it was a good film. natalie portman was very good in it and deserved to win the oscar she has just won.

Overall i'd give it a 9 out of 10.

10. Xir

Xir Modder

Robin Hood 8/10
    a very nice trick on the blueray, you can select "Theatre Version" or "Directors Cut" on one disk.

Put "The Dish" on my too see list, thx!

11. red4our

red4our ¿Qué es un Dremel?

The Green Hornet---meehh, Somebody pleeease shoot Seth Rogen

12. docodine

If I remember right, his character was a rich d-bag.. The fact that you hate him means he played his role correctly!

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Just watched American History X
    Thought it was absolutely brilliant.
    9/10
    Would heartily recommend it, although it did make me realise even more how terrible the human race can be.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
    7/10
    Good, solid family film. Sure, it's about as adult as the smurfs, but it was fun to watch, had some actors in it that I hadn't seen in a long time, and was generally a pleasant enough way to spend a Monday night after a Monday that sucked monkey nuts.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Prince of Persia 8/10
    Quite entertaining, a bit long though.
    Some great characters in there, just (for me) Jake Gyllenhaal didn't fit the role. (too...smug?...drole? Too much boy, not man)

Anyway, I mean, it's based ON A COMPUTERGAME...compared to other movies based on a computergame, it's probably 10/10 :D

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Drag me to hell
    6/10
    Predicatble storyline, with some utterly gross moments (toothles Gypsie grannie gnawing on this chick's chin? Throwing up maggots? gross!). Other than that, it was an enjoyable horror movie, and probably one of the less s*** ones made in the last few years.

17. docodine

CURB STOMP

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Faster

The Tourist

Both get a 3/10, and both get a "Auuggghhh. Why? WHY?!" as a review.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Megamind - first half was great, second half was just good. Still, a solid 8/10.

The Dish - Loved it. But then, I get all choked up and/or excited about anything to do with space exploration and the like, so yeah... um, 8/10 for this one too.

20. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

REPO MEN My Verdict ... 9/10

Excellent film. Jude Law main character and Forest Whittaker who’s lost a huge amount of weight since I saw him last in Phenomenon.

Story is set in the not to distant… where organs are manufactured and at a cost can replace your failing or broken organic components (livers, hearts, kidneys etc)
    If you can not afford the astronomical cost in one go, you sign up for a payment schedule on credit.

Perceived cruel and without feeling Jude Law together with his old army chum Forest Whittaker are a repo men, if you miss payments on your new organ they repossess it.

However a turn of events switches Jude into a recipient of a mechanical heart ..and he loses his desire to reprocess “others” bits for non payment… He then starts to miss his own payments and becomes a “client” Its gory and filled with little bits of black humour

I wont spoil it for people who haven’t seen it .. but I suggest if you haven’t …do so its worth watching