1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This will be stuff like tshirts, bags, bottle openers, mouse mats and a few components.

EDIT: Just found out We'll be giving away 24 goody bags of stuff. More info to come soon and if you follow our Instagram (love a plug) you'll see the prizes first.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
    adidan and Zoon like this.
  2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I don’t have Instagram and owing to privacy concerns I’m trying to decouple from what little social media I currently have besides. That is kinda why I’m still on the forum and I’d say several others feel the same. So perhaps could you consider posting the sneak peek on the forum at the same time so it still feels like the competition is actually for the forum?

Arboreal likes this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's 100% for the forums. It's just easier to post an image to Instagram. I'll upload it here aswell when all the stuff comes in.

IanW likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'm with Zoom, I don't use Instagram and keep social media usage to a minimum. Posting pictures here would be good.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
    Arboreal likes this.
  5. MLyons

To be clear. Social media will have one post talking about the giveaways. The giveaways will solely be run on the forums and will require a certain amount of posts most likely. We post daily on Instagram but it's normally stuff you guys see anyway.

adidan, IanW, Arboreal and 1 other person like this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye, that'd be half me blood at least.

Tight and grumpy or, as I prefer to call it, frugal and contemplative.

Pliqu3011, Arboreal and MLyons like this.
  7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

...and here am I - born a Scot, yet raised in Yorkshire.

Rumour has it, I once dropped a coin... and it hit me on the back of the head.

adidan, Weekly_Estimate and Wakka like this.
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Work just summoned a "Dial-an-Ice-Cream-Van". Sadly, they aren't paying this time.

MLyons likes this.
  9. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

pricing mixup just landed me a 45 quid table lamp for 20 quid. that's the quickest walk I've made out of a store in a long time.

IanW and MLyons like this.
  10. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Eyes to the ground and then sprint as soon as you're out the door, I've done this when I've found £5 - £10 in the self serve machines in the Supermarket.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Although perplexing, Cisco router sold on Fleabay.

It's been sat at £2 for the last week, so I stopped checking. Sale price? £100. Which is what I had it listed at as buy it now for a month.

I .. I just don't get it.

Shan't complain, though, beer tokens inbound!

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I mean, that *kinda* makes sense: I see it's £100 BIN, I don't want to pay *more* than £100, but ideally I'd like to pay less. If someone else bids over £100, I lose out on buying it for £100 - but if nobody bids it up, I can potentially get it cheaper than £100. If there aren't many watchers/existing bids, it could be worth the risk.

My favourite FleaBay story, though: I listed a double-DVD box set thing 99p no reserve, and put a link to the same item on Amazon in the description saying "and it's £12.87 on Amazon, so you can get a bargain!" The final selling price: £18. Yes, the Amazon version - brand new, sealed, Fulfilled by Amazon EU S.a.R.L - was in stock throughout.

MLyons likes this.
  13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

and the day just keeps on winning!

[​IMG]

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It won;t rain now you've said that...

15. MLyons

I'm tempted to hose the roof of my shed when i get back or I'm going to evaporate when i walk into it.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean, it was BIN only - It wasn't an auction at that point, and the option existed (As all my sales have) to send me an offer. I'm not a greedy man, I tend to accept offers I don't think are taking the piss, but this kind of ebaying just perplexes me.

Perhaps it's my approach that's wrong.

17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I'm just about to claim 24 hours at x1.25 overtime and 16 hours at x1.5 overtime, and as I'm just on-call for a disaster recovery test, I doubt I'm going to get a call for it!

IanW and MLyons like this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

There's no rhyme nor reason.

I've had reasonably price BIN things not sell and yet some BIN that I've maxed out the price, when i've not been too bothered about selling but had a £1 final fee offer, go really quickly.

Oh and used sandals bought for twice more than you could by them new.

I've often seen things go for more than you can by new or for more than there are listed for BIN.

Never makes sense.

19. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just lost a few liters in sweat during the Brazil-Belgium game.
    Holy wow that was tense. Great match.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If Neymar spent his time actually playing football instead of rolling around on the floor, Brazil might not be going home... but he didn't, and they are...

IanW and adidan like this.