1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Thought I'd pushed one of my hernias out from this cough, but doc says it's OK. Thank **** as I don't think I could take another op. Have been given enough steroids to mount a half decent mma career for the cough. Shame I can't lift much more than a jug of milk or I'd get ripped.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

So basically I have had a bike, in every possible single piece, sitting around for over a year because I could not find any one to powder coat it. Well that changed last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a 2001 Standard STA. Stronger than all. It is made of "Ox Platinum" which is a type of chromoly that is super hard to make, and super strong (and lighter than 4130). It is so difficult to produce that no one uses it any more. That, in 2001, would have set you back five hundred of the queen's finest pounds.

So I've used it as the perfect distraction. Mostly because all of my bikes are going into an attic, so need to be together. So yeah, that was my excuse.

[​IMG]

That's it there. Ox plat. Any way, I decided to design/draw/cut my own decals. Enola Gay. Big, heavy, American, hard to fly. Perfect. That is why it has a stars and stripes seat.

[​IMG]

And this is where I'm at.

[​IMG]

All that is left to do is fit the knuckle protectors (missed the postman today and they were signed for ffs) then fit the grips.

[​IMG]

It's the first bike I've done that all went very smoothly. That really makes a difference !! Any way yeah, totally stoked it looks chuffing beautiful. A very welcome add to my beloved collection :)

Byron C likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Booked a holiday for September (Corfu), only one day to go until the weekend, that day will be home office day, next week I'll have my birthday so I took that whole week off.

Now if I did win the lottery tomorrow, that'd make my life as close to perfect as it can be.

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Lloyds Bank gave me a £70 refund on charges out of the blue

NOICE!

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Handbrake turns in the snowy office carpark at 7am when it was empty.:naughty::naughty::naughty:

The_Crapman and yuusou like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Custom PC's been sold by Dennis Publishing to Raspberry Pi Press, which means a page-rate bump! (Don't get the champagne on ice just yet, I'm talking a £5 a page increase - but it's the first increase I've had in a decade or so of writing for it, so I'm celebrating anyway.)

IanW and legoman like this.
  7. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Can't see this posted anywhere. Will be interesting if the content changes much.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Perhaps CPC is now under the stewardship of people who are more interested in computers. If so, that can only help.

10. legoman

legoman breaker of things

My handbrakes a button on the dash, I just made do with driving normally while watching other flail around in the snow.

Oh and a Titanium bike frame chosen, well I say chosen geometry has been chosen just the mental debate on brushed 3AI/2.5V Titanium or Marging Reynolds 953 stainless super shiny metal

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, I'll be interested to see what changes. Sadly, Custom PC is an absolute shadow of its former self. I reckon it takes me less than half an hour to get through it cover to cover, because so much of the content is either not to my interest or is old news. Shame.

12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Or full page adverts.

So many adverts...

13. perplekks45

I still remember the intrusive IntelliTXT ads Dennis tried to add to Bit-Tech back when they took over.

On topic: slowly cementing my place within the Quake Champions community. People know me, feelsniceman.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Quake champions? Just the person I and @maxlxyd need. We'll be playing in the office soon and need some tips.

maxlxyd likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Tip one: shoot the enemies.
    Tip two: don't let the enemies shoot you.

The_Crapman, MLyons and David like this.
  16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, I killed my subscription back around issue 120-125. I signed up for the three issue trial last year. I got two issues, and the first o e arrived three months after I signed up.

I remember it being thicker with a markedly better article to ads ratio.

17. Gareth Halfacree

From what I understand - and, bear in mind, not only am I a freelancer but Dennis wasn't even my direct client on the mag, so this is in no way based on S00per S3kr1t insider info - Dennis was strangling the budget. Under RPP, things should turn around pretty sharpish - they're not afraid of splashing the cash.

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Tip three: talk smack
    Tip four: anyone that frags you is hacking

MLyons likes this.
  19. perplekks45

Ask away. I should be able to answer most questions, but I'm afraid I can't easily help you to reach the heights of rapha. Don't know him? Just the GOAT of Quake in the eyes of many people.

I'm not too sure I can beat G's pro tips, though. Those are the essence of good AFPS game strategy.

Plus the @Wakka tips. So many people live and breath those!

MLyons likes this.
  20. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I don't doubt that for a second, Gareth. I'm pleased that CPC has ecaped from Dennis, and I'll probably give them another try once they've turned it around .