1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

You know my thoughts on quitting smoking.
    Go!go!Go!
    + Rep. :thumb:

2. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

:hehe:

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Ruining my day (maybe not life, yet...) now:
    A Promised increase that I had two meetings about with top level management was supposed to bring me up to market rates.
    Got the letter now, and the MD just looked at me funny when I said I would like to discuss that, as it wasn't what was agreed upon originally. Let's just say it's 20% lower than market.

4. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

strange chest/back pain. I feel like my upper torso is being crushed and my throat hurts as well(mostly when I swallow. It also hurts more when i apply pressure to the left side of my chest(over my heart), but not my right. just started about 5 hours ago, but doesn't show any signs of letting up.

edit: if anyone knows what might be causing this, i'd like to know, especially if it's actually something serious... it also hurts both my throat and chest if i breathe deep quickly, steady breathing causes little to no discomfort though.

Last edited: 5 Aug 2011
  5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I've had this happen a handful of times over the last 20 years. For me it usually passes in a day or two with no indication of why it happened or left.

If you find any information, do let me know.

6. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Sounds like you need to get up the docs and get yourself checked out. Do you smoke?

On-Topic: I had split with my ex for 6 months after 6 years of a relationship of which 3 were a ****ing nightmare. Long story short we changed a bit, got back together and now after some months it's all a ****ing disaster once more.
    Problems being we have a house bought in 2007 which has devalued by about 25% and a 5 and a half year old son. Do I get the **** out and live with it and admit it's never gonna work or what?

7. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Only you know that one, but it sounds like you'll probably not do anyone any favours by dragging it out. Have a chat with her, find out if she thinks you'd be better off apart and take it from there. Without wanting to belittle your financial situation, what price can you put on bringing your kid up in the middle of an unhappy relationship - depending on how you deal with it the kid is likely to feel uncomfortable around the two of you because of the tension between you...

8. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

just had surgery today... 6 weeks with 1 arm aint gonna be fun :/

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That's gonna suck, dude, but at least you get it back!

I'm missing my girlfriend. The counter to that is she's back on Sunday, but eugh. It's been crippling me for the entire week. Cannot wait to see her again.

10. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

Yeah its gonna be nice in 3-6 months when I dont run the risk of dilocating my shoulder fully but finding things to do for 6 weeks is the issue :p

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I come home from work, I go to park... ****ing cars parked in my spot. Guests, carpooling with my roommates to go see an MMA fight. So now I get to go park in the guest parking because some people don't understand some common courtesy.

It's not that walking 50 more feet is the issue, it's the complete lack of respect that some people have. All of the guests parked there I know I live here and will want to park here, they should know not to park in a resident's spot when visiting. Failing that, my roommates know that I would be coming home from work soon after they left because that's why I'm not with them, why did it not occur to them that perhaps they should ask our guests to move?

It's all the little things like this that get me. Not being a polite guest, not holding doors open, not saying thank you, I feel like I'm a minority for actually caring about these things.

12. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

seeing people be happy on facebook... i feel like a douche for it, but seeing other people, happy together, fills me with this feeling of unwarranted anger/jealousy.(girlfriend just dumped me about a week ago)

p.s. i guess this isn't really RUINING my life, but it does make it quite a bit less enjoyable

edit: the chest thing has stopped by now... i still have no idea wtf it was, and i don't smoke, cigarettes or otherwise.

13. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Had a similar issue, still do occasionally. Best opinion the docs could give me is irritated joints in the ribcage.

best bet is, see a doc. Could be as simple as that, could be MUCH more serious!

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

ruined front wheel bearing. Thankfully, I can fix it... on Monday.

15. Gurgulio

Gurgulio What's a Dremel?

This new computer build I have had done.

First one, and I'm a big gamer... so, no social life for a while.

That along with staying at home, increased nicotine input, my life is going great and bad, both at the same time.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

This is weird, I had a similar thing just recently, chest hurt the most when I laughed, like a sort of stabbing pain in my chest.

My dad had been to the doctors with something similar at some point and got told it was some sort of 'lung ping', where the lung sort of sticks to the rib cage and then pings off when it moves enough. Slightly different to what I was getting, but probably similar.

Mines pretty much gone now.

I'm in a bit of a low at the moment. Graduated in july, with a 1st class degree, but now I'm not really sure what to do. I know what I should do, go and get a job, but I'm low on motivation, and struggling to see the point/reason (although that's right on the extreme of my thoughts).

Doesn't help that I've been stuck not being able to do anything due to little injuries like bad back, and a dodgy foot. Wanted to go and do a load of biking after I finished uni, instead I've just been getting more and more bored and losing sight of where I should be going.
    :sigh:

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I'm dead to her.. Didn't excpect it to go this way.

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Boooooooooooooooooored.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Damn. :(

20. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Managed to screw up my monitor and now I'm using a 20 year old CRT from the attic.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU