1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 55% off MSI P55 boards tomorrow at 2pm!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 7 Sep 2009.

1. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I think before we see some some truly amazing offers, AMD need to release some more spectacular CPU offerings for the high end market.

2. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

If there is a 55% off promo for some LGA1366 mobos and I get a fair chance to buy one, then I won't despair, but I don't think either of those will materialise.

For me, the key issues was that getting £90 off a GD80 made it justifiable (that is, I could talk in terms that The Wife understands). If you consider the cost of an upgrade to i5/7 from where I am, taking in to consideration the resale value of my current kit, the upgrade would have cost me 33% less (£180 vs £270 approx).

Unless I'm lucky to benefit from another promo (or a lottery win), i think this means my i7 upgrade will go back to the end of next year again... :(

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

im very pleased to pick up the gd65

with the Low idle power of the 860

i cant wait to throw this into a new Hone server

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Nearly finished my GD65 review. Just got to run stability for the next day and note down our OC experiences :thumb: Should be up this week :)

5. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Any other non smiley based hints? ;)

6. licenced

licenced What's a Dremel?

From what I read above I'm preparing for disappointment. I got an order in on ocuk for the gd80 but had it in my basket waiting for five minutes to see if ebuyer came up trumps for me before hitting Checkout.

Sounds like all I'll be getting is a badly worded unfelt apology.

7. 00se7en

00se7en Too many computers, too little time

My Scan order has shipped apparently - at least they're working hard for their postage. Excellent.

There actually seem to be a few boards by other manufacturers e.g. ASRock (check the Scan Today Only), cropping up around the £80 mark so the savings aren't so big unless you had your heart set on a GD65/GD80. That said I'm very grateful to have picked up a board so cheaply that should last me a good few years.

Looks like I missed out on a free Coolermaster hoodie by order the CPU from Novatech though. Errr, gutted?

8. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

I phoned SCAN at 12pm to see if they were running the discount at 2pm. The chap said it would run at 2pm. I randomly checked their website for MSI boards around 12:20pm and was surprised to see the offer on already. Managed to get a GD80 at the discounted rate. My lucky day!

9. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

What time did you order?

Overclockers bigwig on the forums had this to say:

10. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Just checked ebay. Someone already selling a GD65 for £105 plus £9 p&p already! Making a quick buck :)

11. licenced

licenced What's a Dremel?

I started my order at 2:00 as soon as the Buy option became available. Naively maybe I hadn't considered that these e-tailers would all break ranks and sell out early so wasn't checking before 1:55.

I should have bought that GD65 from ebuyer at 2pm - never had any trouble with them and it looks like they actually stuck to the plan.

Oh well - not a great way for OCUK to garner my repeat custom if they fail on this one - if I don't get this board I probably won't start a new build until into the start of next year.

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Ahahaha, I've just seen this (here), and I thought I recognised the wording in that description from a certain hardware site I know :lol:

13. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

This is an absolute disgrace.

12:22 - email from scan saying they have recieved my order, stage 1 of 4
    12:24 - email from scan saying they have now charged my card, stage 2 of 4
    20:03 - email from scan saying that item is now out of stock and i should expect a delay????

I cant describe how angry I am at this. I had an opportunity to buy a GD80 at both OCuk and ebuyer today yet didnt as scan had allready sent email saying they have charged me and estimated date of arrival was 09/09/09. If I dont get this board I will NEVER use scan again, this is a disgracful way for a company to behave.

*edit* Consumer law dictates that as they have taken the money and accepted my offer to buy the goods they are now bound and have to sell me the board at the agreed price.

14. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

I'd imagine Scan will honour your order (they are generally pretty good with things like this), especially if you tell them that you withheld buying from 2 other etailers because you thought you had yours in the bag.... now if it was OcUK, well you'd have no chance.

Anyways, my GD65 will be here tomorrow:

Now I gotta decided whether I want to plump for cheap yet powerful 750 now or wait a few weeks for the i7's to fall in price and set myself up for a good couple of years (what i'm leaning to tbh).

15. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I hope so dude. I am also in the same prediciment as you regarding cpus. I would love an i7 but cant justify a further 70 quid over an i5. I would hope for an i7 860 at between 180-200.

16. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Scan never said they had it in stock to start with! That's why you should expect a delay!

The GD80 been shown with a stock status of "pre-order" all day. Before the promo pricing, during the promo pricing and after the promo pricing. The GD65 was "in stock".

17. AshtraySaturday

AshtraySaturday What's a Dremel?

Looks like this was managed quite awfully. I got a GD80 from CCL as I spotted a post on their forum saying they'd start selling at 9:30. I wanted the GD65 to be honest, but that's all they were selling. I then managed to get the GD65 from Ebuyer, but have since changed my mind and now it's the GD80 I want to keep. So what I'm saying here is, if anyone wants to buy a GD65 for exactly what it cost me (£75 delivered) then get in touch. I thought about selling it for a quick buck on eBay, but that'd make me a d*ck. I'd much rather sell it to someone who's been looking forward to this as much as I have, and who can collect from Leeds preferably.

Here's hoping this post doesn't break any rules.

18. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

I agree with the above here about being fair.. if you paid £75 inc post then £75 is fair.

I got a hold of the gd65 and will be using it in an everyday pc for cad etc however if it doesnt really perform any better than the qx6700 I have kicking about I will be gettin rid of it for the same as I paid if not less... I have an x58 and 920 after all but this as an everyday pc is out of the question with the power it draws.

Andy

19. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

No!

On scan forums Paul (sales supervisor) gave the impression that the boards were in stock. I purchased on basis of this. Granted he also said that they wont go on sale until two (this was at 12) then ten minutes later they were on sale :D

Last edited: 8 Sep 2009
  20. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Yes, I phoned Scan too. The bloke said they won't go on sale until two. Then, by chance, I checked site around 12:20pm and they were on sale at promo price.

Tags: Add Tags