1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 55% off MSI P55 boards tomorrow at 2pm!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 7 Sep 2009.

1. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Gave the impression... Right, OK. It's an absolute disgrace and you have every right to be angry. ;)

I'm angry that you had the opportunity to buy a GD80 from eBuyer. They obviously gave you preferential treatment. The rest of us were only offered the GD65!

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yup, seems like CCL started the flood on this one, and Scan just screwed everything up in the ensuing chaos.

3. dan_barker101

dan_barker101 What's a Dremel?

Well looks like I didn't manage to get a board in the end. Just had an e-mail from CCL saying the board has been discontinued.....

Not very happy at this point as not sure if I can cancel the order for the CPU from another supplier so means I will have to pay full price on a new board.

Considering this was my first purchase from CCL I can safely say I will not be using them again!!!!!

4. 00se7en

00se7en Too many computers, too little time

Well, my board has just arrived from Scan.

To lighten the mood, it came with a highly amusing booklet for the fast-boot linux feature, called WINKI!

"Explore your world in a blink of an eye". Come on - somebody with a childish sense of humour HAD to know what they were doing there...

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

You can *always* cancel an order... If you can do it before they despatch, there will be no fees, though don't be surprised if they process the despatch before processing your cencellation request!

If they have already dispatched it, you can still cancel the order within 7 days of receiving the goods, under the Distance Selling Regulations. Check the site T&Cs - if they mention that returns under the DSRs must be paid for by you, then you have to pay return postage. If they don't mention this, then you have to 'Restore' the goods to them - which means that you need to make the goods available to be collected, or they have to compensate you for the return.

In either case, assuming the goods are still 'new', there can be no restocking fees or other charges.

6. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Novatech are apparently still to run the offer at 2pm today. Think they only have the GD65, but you'd better try and get one.

7. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Check novatech, boards will be going live at 2ish... GIBBO who is in charge of this is usually very reliable with things like this so start checking at 1.30 and refresh your browser every 5minutes or so. When they go live make sure you are already signed into your novatech account and just purchased asap

Andy

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Good luck to all with the Novatech round today. My board from CCL (GD65) arrived today. Now I just have to wait for a decent HSF to be released for an acceptable price.

9. bumfluff

Same, but how long will it take for the HSFs to come out? I need to put a rig together within the next few weeks.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

There are some rubbish Zalman ones out, KustomPC's has them available. An Arctic Cooling one (again, I'd avoid). The Thermalright MUX seems to be starting to get available, but it's pretty small, expensive, and overpricsed. Noctua have a rev 2 SP12 (IIRC) coming out, but that's looking like it's going to be around the £60 region.

Personally I'm thinking of just buying the CPU, not overclocking too much, and waiting a month or two for a proper HSF and OC.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Corsair forum's RAMGUY (their main forum person) said ETA on H50's LGA1156 mount is this or next week, so i'd expect to be able to buy LGA1156 H50 at the end of September here in UK

12. bumfluff

I think I will probably have to do that too, I have never been an early adopter before.

13. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Well due to how Novatech made a complete balls up of this yesterday and how they managed it again today I have GIVEN mine to mate! I really do hate how companies cant stick to whats told to them. SELL AT 2PM 8TH not any time you like and not the day after in a bid to attract more customers to your site... But as scan were kind enough to call me to say things had gone live early then I think I shall be shopping there from now on...

Andy

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Are you going to re-post this quote on the Nova forums, like you did yesterday? ;)

[Just teasing - I know exactly what you mean]

So did Nova eventually release any?? I was looking from 1.30pm until some time after two and the only change I saw was the addition of some GD53s... Then I was called into a meeting and I've missed everything since.

15. bumfluff

I just looked on CCL forums and a staff member said:
    This was on Sunday, so presumably they had planned to release it then so maybe they didn't have to release it at a certain time.

16. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

They were live for all of 15 seconds to which they only had 6 in stock and as such they sold out. 15 seconds!! I had 8 browsers set to refresh every 10 seconds (thats 1 refresh every 1.25 seconds give or take) and not one of the browsers showed up with anything...

Meh..

Andy

17. 00se7en

00se7en Too many computers, too little time

Liking the performance figures of the GD65 vs the Asus in today's Bit-tech review.

18. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

they were (at least GD65) - mine arrived ~10AM this morning ;)

19. licenced

licenced What's a Dremel?

Anyone got their boards from OCUK? As of yesterday they had taken my money (twice - but also refunded the second) but my order for the GD80 is still showing as 'in wharehouse queue'. I'm a little more optimistic about actually getting it - surely by now if they wanted to tell me I ordered too late to get one of the promo boards they would have said so?

20. licenced

licenced What's a Dremel?

They waited until I asked and then told me they'd sold out. Way to treat your customers.

Tags: Add Tags