1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Biohazard Computer Case Mod-Back Panel-I/O shield 10/18

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by BLUEHORSESTUDIOS, 25 Apr 2010.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Awesome update Ron! I love the weathered effect on the barrels :thumb:

2. soul_train

soul_train What's a Dremel?

This is one of the most amazing work's i have see in my life :jawdrop:
    Gratz for the beautiful work you have done so far!

:hip:

3. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS I haven't lost a finger yet!

Thank everyone for your support,What a great community with amazing artist to feature my project in.You Modders and Builders are the best!!

4. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

I got started on the leftwing wall last night and finished modding the front panel USB and audio hub.Today I began working on my 2 80mm fan intakes.
    I'm going to build shutters to cover the intakes that will be able to open and close and build all the panel, pipes and machinery around it. Several LEDs will illuminated the USB hub and windos along the roofline. A long day ahead of me so I better get started.
    I'll have a post soon

5. Razarach

Razarach Minimodder

awesome man, keep working

6. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

added pics

[​IMG]

Blue Horse Studios is proudy sponsored
    by

[​IMG]

Today Im going to start the raw construction on the leftwing wall.
    This will include my front panel USB/Audio and 80mm fan intakes.
    This PC will be watercooled but I want the install the fan option as well.

The materials I'll be using in todays project are:
    0.60mm sheet styrene
    Acrylic Weldon
    Straight edge/ruler
    Size 11 x-acto blades,mitre jig,knife
    150 grit sandpaper
    80 mm fans
    mnpctech Modders Mesh
    22 gauge butt connectors
    Rubber grommets

Lets get Started!!

[​IMG]

First, I cut down two 0.60mm sheets to 16 inches in length and 8 inches in height then dry fit them together.
    Next I mark out areas of intrest,80mm fan intakes,windows,USB/Audio and roof line.

[​IMG]

Next I begin removing the taps with my dremel from the front panel USB/Audio hub and install some panel details.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next I mark out the location of my 80mm fan intake by using the tips provided from mnpctech and monstermawd.

[​IMG]

I use this 3 inch hole saw to make my cuts.

[​IMG]

Securing my panel I begin my cuts by applying even pressure and allowing the blade to make the cuts.

[​IMG]

I mock up the pieces once more to double check the location of the holes before continuing to the wall supports.

[​IMG]

Next I use this great product from mnpctech, Round Modders Mesh, to install over my 80mm fan intakes.

[​IMG]

http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

http://www.mnpctech.com/casemodstore.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I start building up my wall supports starting with a fan intake compartment first.

[​IMG]

Here I apply a paint job to the fans using the same color pattern that I use for the entire case.

[​IMG]

Now I begin building up my wall supports

[​IMG]

I drill hoves through the support anf add rubber gromments to manage some of the cables that will behind the walls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finish up the inner frame work and install the fans into the compartment.

[​IMG]

I add more gromments in preperation for the USB/Audio panel cables.
    All the cables will be hidden within the walls and all external cables will be threaded through hollow tubes simulated air duct and pipelines.

Tomorrow I'll install LEDS into the fan compartment, secure the back panel to the front and begin all the panel details.

Until Then

Stay Inspired and Keep Creating!!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

This just keeps on getting better and better :thumb:

8. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

sweet post. Great job as always. Super little details on the USB plate :D

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Nice!! i was hoping you where going to do that to the fans makes it fit so well!!

Its funny this is one of the coolest projects on bit tech and yet this is the first time we see sparks! just goes to show not always need to use metal!

10. artoodeeto

artoodeeto Minimodder

Whoa! I am highly impressed with your work - I want you to know that when I start building the inside of my sandcrawler, I'll be referencing what you've done here, it'll be really helpful! I'm especially impressed with the paint jobs, I've never been great at them, and I love that you're so thorough on documenting your techniques. Also, I gotta say I like the X-wing back piece below the biohazard sign and the two X-wing intakes near the pipeline LOL! If you go back and look at some of my worklog photos, I daresay you'll spot some A-wing and X-wing pieces in there :)

11. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

I use alot of model pieces in this build,several star wars kit because of the detail in the pieces.
    I running low on kits ,prpbably make a run to the hobbystore this week.

12. artoodeeto

artoodeeto Minimodder

Yep, those Star Wars kits do have a lot of detail. Something you might consider is searching ebay for "junkyard model car" parts. I bought a box full of car model pieces (engines, chassis, exhaust parts, etc etc) and they provided most of the detail on my crawler. Since you're doing similar things with pipes and such, that type of purchase might be worth its weight in gold to you (as it was to me). I think I spent about $30 total, and buying enough kits to give me that many parts would have cost hundreds of dollars, if not thousands.

13. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Wow, really ? thanks for that great tip.I always forget about E-bay for some reason when it comes to anything I need to purchase.Ill go check that out right away.

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That is a good tip. Modellers frequently refer to the collected unused model parts as a 'Bits Box'. Might be worthwhile searching for that too however i'm not sure if that name is used as much over the pond ;)

I just keep wondering how big this is going to be once its done lol. Its got a huge footprint. So cool :thumb:

15. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Actually the pictures and video make it look larger then it is. If you were to lay a standard midtower ATX case on its side, this would be the dimensions of the the build.The base is about 3inches higher and wider then the pc dimensions and . The wonderful thing about polystyrene is that its light weight and doesnt absorb heat. You can drill it,sand it, shape it, paint it and bonds well with most clues.Its a very affordable material too.

16. LooseNeutral

Have you given any thought to making your own casting molds? Might be late in the game to do so for this build now. But may come in handy in the future.

17. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

No I havent, but thats a great idea. Do you know anything about this process?

18. LooseNeutral

Check out " freemansupply.com " , They've got some intro vids there and get their free dvd. Also have a few more links I'll dig up for you! Amazing job you're doing. You've got me looking into all these airbrush sites and Youtube vids, as well as back into model kits again. Haven't thought about it since I was a we tike! :D

19. BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Thanks Loose, Ill go and check that out.
    Im happy to hear that these worklogs have inspired the inner child in you.
    I try all the time never to forget that childhood imagination I use to have and how endless the boundaries of our worlds could be.If I can help out with any airbrushing or building tip ,please let me know

20. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Just simply unbelievable