1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Car colors

Discussion in 'General' started by grritsshawn, 1 Feb 2011.

1. grritsshawn

grritsshawn I'm not insane I'm a modder

Yes they would. i will try to post a picture late of everything i am putting on it

mvagusta likes this.
  2. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'm going to go against everyone here, :D

I actually think it looks quite good.

And I know exactly why you want to do the stuff to the car.

Some people will think my enormous mudflaps are silly on my car, but I like them, and that's all that matters.

I think some black/dark grey Kei RSS alloys would look great on that. And the colour of that one isn't too bad, its not plain silver.

mvagusta likes this.
  3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

If you get a pick of it and a link to a colour you want I can attempt to paint in the good ol' shop. Managed to turn a white GTR into a matt black with matt black rims, red calipers and dark black tints and tinted lights in class months back because I was bored and it turned out pretty good.

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Xir

Xir Modder

It's a CHEAP, small, reasonably powered car.
    Actually, for those of us in europe, it's a full size, well powered car.
    (it's a 2.4 liter, 160something horsepower 1400kg car)
    It's a mere five years old and cost about 4500 euro's. (about 3800 pounds)

If you drive it three years (hellooo, it's a Toyota, shoud run a while) it'l have been worth it.

Go for it man! :thumb:

Have to agre about resale value though, putting on foil instead of paint would be beneficial to that.

Could you post...like a drawing of what you're proposing though?

mvagusta likes this.
  5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I am in Europe.

It's not a Nissan Micra, no... granted, but it's not something that will suit what the OP is planning. It's barely one step above doing it to a Fiesta or a Corsa.

Keep it subtle... rise above the crowd.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You do realize every grown-up person with eyes laughs at the carbon fiber ricers?

Ofcourse it's your car and you can ruin it any way you wish to, but I just thought I'd point that out. I don't have personal experience of how well carbon fiber attracts girls, but I'd imagine the kind of girls it's likely to attract (if any) are the sorts that I really don't even want to know.

Do whatever the hell you wish, but remember to keep us posted.

7. grritsshawn

I"m going to order 2-3 toy models 1/18 ones of the scion and paint them the color scheme

DeadP1xels likes this.
  8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

In fairness there are CF users and CF abusers. Plenty of real people out there on mental weight-losing quests for whom CF/fibreglass is a necessity.

...On the other hand there are lots of Max Power-loving people who just stick some CF pattern wrap on their cars. :p

9. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

What makes this thread epic is the amount of people that are saying how bad it may look

Yeh the OP is ignoring it completely

Good on you sir +rep

mvagusta likes this.
  10. grritsshawn

thanks idc how bad its gonna look im asking for a color scheme

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I like my Peugeot.

12. grritsshawn

i would love to have one of those in the U.S. the reaction people would get when hearing the name

13. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

It's gonna look totally badass :rock:

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Voice of experience here: the "ladies" grow out of this stuff real quick. Any vaguely mature "lady" won't touch that rice cooker you've got planned with a barge pole.

You've got $6k handy? Spend $2k on an older Civic/Sentra/Corolla/etc. Take a decent, reliable, cheap and fuel efficient car and keep the $4k as money well saved.

The flip side, he's not planning to driving it in Europe. It's not exactly unlikely to see middle-aged commuters driving something like a tC to feel sporty.

And plenty of sensible CF users who paint it over!

15. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

The tC would be good if they marketed the RWD version used in drift competitions. But they don't.

Useless wings are for penguins.

16. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

LMAO I don't think he's trying to impress any of the ladies on bingo night :hehe: :lol:

Do you have a lady? Ask her if she thinks a bright orange car with spoilers would look cool, and if she'd like to either own one or go for a ride in one? You may be surprised by how much fun your lady is by her answer :lol:

That's an interesting yet unbelievably booorrrrriiiinnnngggggg idea :duh:

Any reliable yet old car, be it jap or euro, will not be as reliable or as fuel efficient as a new toyota btw. $6k is not that much money to blow on an excellent car btw. Some might say it's not powerfull enough, others will say it's not fuel efficient enough, I think it's great.

Maybe we could avoid the negative trolling about this project bit tech :sigh:

17. grritsshawn

My gf said it looks better then my other choice but she said its a car idc you drive fast(the speed limit)

18. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Dude, nobody's trolling. Several people just pointed out the idiocy of buying a reasonably new car, then doing a full body respray. Not to mention the fact that nobody should be spending $6K on their first car.

I've given a genuine opinion about colours, but I've also tried to make suggestions about more suitable vehicles.

I know Toyota are THE thing in the US and Oz, but Scion isn't a Toyota, it's a car designed by Toyota to con young people out of money on the basis that they will be instantly cool by driving one.

19. grritsshawn

its designed and made by toyota kinda live chevy is made by GM

20. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I know what it is dude!! I'm saying, it's not a Toyota in terms of what that brand means. It's SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to rob people like you of your money. That's my point.