1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clan[42]project<CONTESTS WON!! :D >

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Vazzini42, 11 May 2004.

1. Vazzini42

Vazzini42 What's a Dremel?

thank you for explaining that out for me :)

basically the connector posted above is just to clean up the outside of the box, it is just a pass through in the middle of the UPS cord, like so...

wall outlet---------------------------->UPS (factory intended use)

Wall outlet------>connector-----> UPS (my use)

that way I only plug in one (standard monitor power cable) thing and everything has power. Nice and simple.

I will test it out before installation and prolly will bump the fuses up to 250V 5 amp fuses next time i stop by a store that has them.

With the fuses and the UPS i dont think power surges should be a problem.

of course im also figuring that the wall outlet will run through a fuse box for the building and the power cable will usually be hooked up to standard surge protector...

Thanks again PsychoI3oy ! :)

Vazz

2. Kolmik

Kolmik What's a Dremel?

HAhahahaha Original and innovative use of a paper box. Might look into modding that old mail drop box out in the shed :D

3. Vazzini42

yeah so i had the clear coat goin on great 3rd coat of clear sanding each after my 5th coat of yellow sanding each and after my 2nd coat of primer sanded too and somehow the ####ing wind blew (not one but two) 5 pound pieces of metal off of where i was working.

Completely ####ing up my nice paint job i was finishing on them so now i get to start all over again YAY !!!!!!!

i need a ######## beer.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

4. Xipher

Xipher What's a Dremel?

DAMN that sucks :wallbash:
    Also, Looking good :rock: :thumb:

5. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Whoha, that's one really interesting mod, I never saw that before and it seems as if this would be really great so, keep it up :thumb:

6. Sanf0rd42

Sanf0rd42 What's a Dremel?

Yeah, so now that i FINALLY got the email to confirm login, I can start posting on this now.

Anyhoo, I'm Vazzini's room mate, and I guess that thanks to the lovely winds we have here in north Texas, we're going to spend the entire day tomorrow re-sanding the entire top part of the box. it's dinged up pretty bad, but it's not dented at least, so that we don't have to hammer anything.

just a lot of sanding. and then when we think we're done, we gotta sand some more.

yay weekend :jawdrop:

7. Cereal

Cereal What's a Dremel?

noice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Vazzini42

update time...

i have been working on fixing my paint and its almost clearcoat time again for the two top pieces, i have been taking my time and painting nice and slow so it comes out nice.....

heres a pic of the two top pieces as they stand now...

[​IMG]

the color in this picture (above) is a little closer to the real life color than the others have been

i have also finished chopping out the window openings in the main box and primered and given it the first coat of yellow...

[​IMG]

i have ordered a bunch of stuff online and Im just waiting for it to arrive..

these things include...

edge molding (thin black for hiding bad cuts and adding more black to the box)
    aluminum mesh fan filters
    lots of aluminum diamond plate metal
    another sheet of Acrylic

gotta wait for my funds to regenerate a bit before i buy anything else though

Vazz

Last edited: 4 Jun 2004
  9. snarky

snarky What's a Dremel?

why u don't put color :idea:

10. Vazzini42

i dont seem to understand what you mean my freind...

if you mean i should color the diagram, that would take too much time. time i could be working on it.

from a translation site..

je tenterai un traducteur ici.....

je ne comprends pas que votre question signifie

vous comprendrez comment il toutes crises une fois il est devenu plus près à l'achèvement :) :)

Vazz

Last edited: 28 May 2004
  11. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Well, darn, that completely sucks. I feel for you, a very similar thing keeps happening to me, too. Down here in Houston I get to fight with 40 bazillion mosquitoes all trying to land on my case. Add that to the occasional breeze that blows pollen everywhere, and you can bet that trying to paint my case has been a lesson in frustration.

That, and other setbacks, mean that I now have to strip the paint back down to the bare metal and start over. And I, too, was on the final coat of finish.

I suppose it could have been worse, though. At least I don't have much to paint - just the top panel of the case.

The black edge moulding and the diamond plate should look pretty nice. Sounds like something you might find at a construction site!

Enjoy your beer and hope to see more progress!

-monkey

12. Vazzini42

Well, I am still alive lol

The last few days have been very crappy weather-wise so I havent been able to get any more painting done :sigh:

I have recieved a few more parts in recently so i guess i will show you those

Cable braiding and Uchannel Edge Molding
    [​IMG]

Green UV reactive fan with UV LEDs in it (I will use this in my power supply mod)
    [​IMG]

Aluminum mesh fan filters (they look nice but im kinda so-so about em)
    [​IMG]

Well, I am goin to a little thing in Dallas tonight called first saturday. If you are in the area and have never heard of it, here is their website...
    http://www.firstsaturday.com/

I plan on picking up some 4 port switches and hopefully an LCD screen depending on what I can find. I will edit this tomorrow and let ya know what I bought :hip:

I am scheduled to recieve the rest of my metal and plexi today, hope I don't miss Mr. UPS. ( i managed to get paint on some of the metal and screwed up the surface trying to get it off) :duh:

Vazz

Last edited: 4 Jun 2004
  13. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

:sigh: we in california never have any cool computer/technology sales.

I'll take a 17inch LCD please, if you could score one for around $300 :hehe:

14. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

First saturday kicks ass, but i missed another one :waah: . will prob go at the end of the month, or mabey the one in the middle. we shall see

for those of you who dont know what it is, it is a giant flee market of computer crap only. You can find some incredable deals there if you know how to haggle.

JEEVES

15. 3N1GM4

3N1GM4 What's a Dremel?

what are you talking about... its tomorrow we can still go :D so yeah were goin

16. Vazzini42

umm its only the first saturday of every month, hence the name "first saturday"

but yeah, I got my metal in and the manufacturer put stickers on the front and wrote on it with permanent marker. Ugh!! so I'm gonna hit it with some Goo-Gone and see how it works.

Vazz

17. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

they hold one on either 3rd saturday or 2nd, cant rember but it is mentioned on the web site.

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: why did i think last saturday was the first saturday, man my days have been all off for like the past week (couldnt even rember when i got paid last)

JEEVES

18. Mr.Nonflex

Mr.Nonflex What's a Dremel?

19. Vazzini42

Mr.Nonflex, I'm sure we will figure out some kind of newspaper themes along the way.

Ok, here is the report on my "First Saturday" purchases...

BenQ 15 LCD monitor (brand new in the box sealed)
    25 ms refresh rate
    Max resolution 1024x768
    model #fp547

Price=$290
    [​IMG]

Speedstream 8 port 10/100 switch
    New in the Box (unsealed)
    model# ss2108

Price= $20
    [​IMG]

3 ThermalTake 120 mm fans
    specs in pic

Price= $6 each ($18 total)
    [​IMG]

Total money spent at first saturday for this project = $328

Vazz

Last edited: 6 Jun 2004
  20. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

U channel molding

Where did you order your u-channel molding? It looks like the kind that I am looking for but havent been able to find a source for it latley. Thanks.