1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

@liratheal @Almightyrastus I'm contemplating purchasing a Land Raider Redeemer to let my totally sane and reasonable Black Templars charge into battle, but they seem to be rarer than unicorn poo, even if you're not looking on the typical discount sites like Wayland Games etc.

Any thoughts on the matter? Do they just get snapped up or are GeeDubs just not making them at the moment?

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I went second hand for the one on my shelf at the moment, because like you GW seem to be shrugging their shoulders at the LR. I'm not sure why, since I can't imagine such an iconic tank is going away completely. Unless they're doing a full redesign of the whole kit, which I also struggle to imagine. Since it's not Primaris focused, although can take Primaris marines, I expect at best there's a Primaris LR version floating somewhere but with GW.. Who knows. Maybe their production lines are focused so much on the new stuff that the older stuff that didn't sell terrifically often is just on the back burner.

I regularly sign up for notifications on the GW site, that does at least work

Pete J likes this.
  3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

regular LR is online only at the moment and the redeemer is out of stock. Might mean that a change is coming up, or that the moulds are getting remade. I can take a wander down to WHW and see if they have one in stock.

Pete J likes this.
  4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Ahh, no, it's fine, thanks for the offer! Truth be told, I'm probably at least a couple of years before I actually get around to assembling the Templars :rollingeyes:.

5. liratheal

Well, if you will insist on purchasing every Lego set ever made with a film/science/heavy industry/car theme :p

Pete J likes this.
  6. liratheal

I feel like I can see the finish line. Three eradicators, three dreadnoughts, one Land Raider and sixteen (although I still only have twelve) Neophytes and I'll have all my Templars painted.

[​IMG]

And I have the three amigos finished, again. I think this is only the second time I've had all three done at the same time, in the same place..

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  7. Almightyrastus

No problem at all.

Of course there is this variant too.....

[​IMG]

Pete J likes this.
  8. liratheal

The one and only LR variant I didn't own in my period of 'own all the land raiders'

9. Almightyrastus

35 years into the hobby and I finally popped my zoat cherry:

[​IMG]

However, it turns out that it’s a recast…

ok so it’s a damn fine recast, but not what I was expecting. A little disappointed, but I’m going to let it slide as a return and refund would still mean that I’d need to pay around double for an on-the-sprue one. Completely baffles me why gw don’t still make this kit, given that it was an expansion to a still in production boxed game, same with the Ambull kit.

Pete J likes this.
  10. liratheal

The recasters are really good these days, for OOP models and the like, I don't see an issue with it. If GW won't sell it, I'm not paying some scalper jerkoff double, triple, or whatever drug induced number they came up with.

Edit: Two days left, two dreadnoughts, one LR, and sixteen scouts to go.

At least I'll be most of the way done.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 29 Mar 2024
    Pete J and Almightyrastus like this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I may have found and purchased an LR Redeemer on evilBay for close to RRP.

#impulsecontrol :worried:

liratheal and Almightyrastus like this.
  12. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Chaps - I've been gifted a box of old Citadel paints that were found in a shed, predictably dried out but not to the point they're solid cracked lumps, there's still some oil seeping through and a few look like they might be stirrable but I don't want to disturb them just yet.

Been looking on Amazon for something to revitalise them and have found this:

Games Workshop Citadel Pot de Peinture - Technical Lahmian Medium (24ml) https://amzn.eu/d/baowylJ (but it seems more like a thinner)

Has anyone got any experience of this stuff/similar situation/alternative ideas?

13. Almightyrastus

lahmian medium is pretty much just modern citadel paint without any pigment in it so ideal for mixing and thinning. Also take a look at getting some flow improver, I use Windsor & Newton Artists' acrylic flow improver and this thins and makes the paint flow better. Drop a little into the paints and give them a good shake or mix, whatever is needed.

You can also get the acrylic medium in larger bottles from Windsor and Newton and this will work out so much healthier for your pocket than the GW version.

Just go slowly and use as little as you need to get things moving again.

ModSquid likes this.
  14. liratheal

I am clasically lazy - I throw an agitator ball doodad in there, some airbrush thinner, and go to town on the shaker thing that became popular a while back.

Lahmian medium should also work, since as mentioned, it's pigment less paint.

My wife had some of her friends over tonight, and so now I've got one Land Raider and sixteen (when I buy some more..) scouts until all the Templars are done and dusted.

ModSquid likes this.
  15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers both - appreciated :thumb:.

Will chuck some W&N lahmian in one of the lesser used pots then (various shades of brown in there, looks like it might have been an Ork paint set) and see what happens.

16. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Is this the right stuff to revitalise the paints, chaps?

17. Almightyrastus

ModSquid likes this.
  18. liratheal

ModSquid likes this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers guys! Will let you know how I get on once it's time to experiment :rock:... Nice one!

20. Almightyrastus

These guys are going up for preorder next weekend. I don't normally do preorders, preferring to try my luck on release day at a store, but i might have to do it this time:

[​IMG]

And I thing i am going to call this fella done for now:

[​IMG]

Pete J and liratheal like this.