1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Hi-fi and AV junkies anonymous

Discussion in 'General' started by Mister_Tad, 16 Jun 2020.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm doing my living room soon and instead of going to a 75" I'm going to a 55" as I watch too much Football, F1 and MOTOGP. What year is the OLED as I'm torn on if I want to get one or not.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Cheers Gunny - at least gives me a number to think about. I reckon 5ish then without your wall/pipework and speakers (maybe £4k). That's not too bad if the wall is getting knocked through from the kitchen anyway, I can add it to the bill.
    LG C6 - but I got it late in the day. Last of the V8s 3D sets (if you got that MM reference then all power to you). COD on the 360 in 3D is mental, Sine Mora also not too bad. I was going to send it for repair, but I'm worried it'll come back worse now that they've stopped making the 3D panels. No-one told me about burn-in when I bought it - should I have known? Maybe, but I thought those days were gone with the plasmas (which wasn't even too bad). My OLED burnt in through what seems like non-static usage (subtitles) in a fraction of the time I had my plasma, which never burnt in at all. I dunno, just feel a bit put off by OLEDs now, but I realise the tech has come on in leaps since. Seriously looking at that Sony top LED one just to be safe.

Why are you downsizing just for the sport? Surely bigger = better?