1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics [Laptop screen] How-To???

Discussion in 'Modding' started by white modder, 14 Feb 2004.

1. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

::glare:: I've soddered things youve never haerd of so small that one breath blows them across the room.LOL, not realy but hey I can sodder.

2. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Could someone give me a good pinout of a vesa connecter (pin 1 =...ect) instead of just saying ro go and bo like in the guide. so I can wire up my gb and see if it will work.

3. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

theres a link futher back in the thread. if i wasnt so lazy, i might find it for you, but itd take me just as long as itd take you.

4. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Ok I have seen and the only pins that match up are clock hsync and vsync is that all I nead?

5. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

its a big thread and all, but can i recommend you read it all before you attempt this. you'll also need the main individual rgb lines. other than that all i can think of is vdd and gnd.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2005
  6. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

keyword "pocket" not to be an ass but gb pocket never had color, most likely never will. Ok so thats all I nead cool if I get time I'll wire it up.

7. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

ah, my bad. but hey, you still havent read the thread. say you had actually read it, you would know what hsync, vsync and clock do [hint: they dont do what you want]. you will still need a data line from somewhere, and im not sure the vesa can give you a data line in 1 bit colour.

8. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

I did read all the way through th thread got to page like 7 then just asked my question but it doesnt tell that much the links were alot better help. and would I just nead to pull the data pin high or low it wont be variable like a normal gb but it would be like the lcd right in front of me Im reading off of(2X20) all I did was pull the data pin high(or low cant remember).

9. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

hang on a second here, i just thought about what youre asking. the vesa bus - or whatever - outputs the same as the vga port, ie what is shown on the computer monitor. so you want to have that running on a gb pocket lcd? you cant program it to send certain data to the vesa, like you do for com and parallel ports, unless you change what is being shown on screen down to 1 bit colour and 200x300 - or whatever - resolution.

is that your plan? cos i obviously dont appreciate its greatness if it is.

10. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Ya I was thinking about that a couple of days ago, and decided screw it wouldnt work.

11. foxx

foxx What's a Dremel?

Hi all I am back with another question , could you help me find the pinout sheet or whatever they are called for a lm-fh53-22naw lcd. Thanks, I want to try this.

12. imgregrice

imgregrice What's a Dremel?

maybe I can bump this and get some help with a current Q I have goinging lol http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=86096

I am trying to set up this lcd on my server
    how can I find out which lcd the pocket pc has b4 I take one apart? any other ways???

13. Jankos

Jankos What's a Dremel?

ok

alright i have an LG LP141X5 LCD display with a THine THC63LVDF63A controller attacked (i guess thats what it is)

how would i attack this to an old VESA card

14. Redwolf

Redwolf Supermodel

I have been looking for pin-outs for my lcd but no luck if any of you have seen some info let me know.

Quanta Display Inc.
    QD141X1LH03
    14.1"

from a HP pavilion Ze1210

15. subwyking

subwyking What's a Dremel?

im looking for a pinout also. its a sony vaio laptop, ive emailed sony but they keep sending me canned messages. the manufacturer of the lcd is hitachi and i emailed them too, but have recieved no response. can anyone help ?
    the lcd is

Hitachi
    TX38D85VC1CAJ

thanks

<--B-->

16. the_raizer

the_raizer What's a Dremel?

Hi i'm looking for the pin-out of my lcd but i haven't found nothing.... :duh:

my lcd is an HITACHI TX31D21VC1CBE 12''

who can help me?

17. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

one short question dos it has to be a color lcd or dos this one work with a monochrome too? got a card with vesa con. and a lcd but would like to know if it works befor i start working for nothing.

18. Mystic Pixel

Mystic Pixel What's a Dremel?

oh man, I was trying to do this a while back and couldn't find any info, but it's awesome that this got bumped. I have a LCD which has an inverter and a circuit board on it. it's a toshiba LTM10C286. The best info I can find on it is here, found through a previous link in this thread.

I'm a third year EE student at university, got some breadboarding / soldering / circuitry experience under by belt so i'm not worried about that. the thing is, this page (which is literally the only info I can find on this) is for the LTM10C286S and mine is just the LTM10C286.

preemptive edit: I was gonna boggle about the connectors, but turns out: there's a 21 pin connector going into the LCD. 7 of those go straight to the inverter, and the other 14 go to the LCD control module, which is pretty much what the datasheet says. :rock:

now from the above linked page: pins 5-10 look like the R G and B things (each has a + and -), but which one is which? any clues?

also, what's the deal with the VESA header... can that only display 16 (or 256) colors? this LCD i have is like 800x600 and can do 16 bit color I think... is it sitll worth trying the VESA method?

thanks for all the info, this may work after all, muhahaha....

19. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

hmm.. got a monitor from a Siemens SCENIC Mobile 360 that I wanna do something with, but im missing real name for it... all I know it's an IBM..

anyone know something about them IBM monitors?

20. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

a little bit more information would be good. open the thing up and look on the back for serial numbers and manufacturer.
    swedishmode: du kan ockso PM mej på svenska och jag kan hjelpa dig. :swedishmodeend