1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I miss having my old DVD ROM slot loader in my PC, crazy how even writers are pretty much obsolete now.

Got a whole bunch of old early 90s Technics equipment still kicking about that I need to get sorted out and set up again, need more power sockets in the room that I would be using it though.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I still regularly use a DVD drive.. Mostly for ripping CD's, but still. I have a stack of games on DVD/CD too.

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yeh not everything is a success story. I think it was one of their coarse files I bought that got filed, rather did the filing. :hehe:

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I know a guy that has a Marantz CD63 KI Sig with buckets of upgrades, and as far as I know, he's not used it in perhaps 5 years.

jinq-sea, liratheal and Guest-44638 like this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If only he was still ~40 miles away and not ~900 miles away, I'd make him an offer!

6. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

My newest random pc component. Supports 6-9th Gen CPU’s, Thin-itx with full x16 in PIO format.

I’m planning a full custom passive build on both GPU and CPU. @Nealieboyee might need to warm his CNC up again.

Vault-Tec and Arboreal like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's a very funky-looking design... I don't think I've ever seen a PCIe connector mounted on the edge of the PCB before...

8. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Its a Chinese domestic board for the AIO / cyber cafe market pretty funky is a great description! :)

9. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

I have an early 80s Technics including cd player that i still use although the turntable needs some work and still have DVD RW in this pc :D

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

No 24-pin?

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

There's a 4 pin DC input on the rear IO thin ITX style. It can carry more current than the usual barrel connector.

Goatee and stonedsurd like this.
  12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I see it, next to the 6-pin. Laptop-style brick input?

Goatee likes this.
  13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Yes, a different connector for higher power bricks. Not used one, but probably things like the renowned (in SFF Circles) Dell 330W brick.
    AFAIK it's just doubling up on the wires to increase the current carrying capacity from the brick to device.

Goatee likes this.
  14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Ah, I see it! Very neat :thumb:

15. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Come at me bro :rock: Dammit I forgot to post the other one back to you yesterday. I'll chuck it in the mail this week I promise.

Goatee likes this.
  16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I once spent a weekend re-plumbing my house, which culminated in me cutting down and rethreading the incoming water main, 1/2" BSP malleable iron. Proper pipe threading tools are expensive or hard to come by, so I bought the Silverline kit as I only had to use it once. I took an offcut of pipe to the garage, put it in the vice, and it cut a thread straight out of a textbook. It was beautiful. I then went to the cupboard in the kitchen where the water came in, and started threading the incoming main, in a horrible cramped position, stooped over the pipe. I was ratcheting it back and forth as normal, it was cutting clean, plenty of oil, back and forth to clear the chips. It was just about done when I gave it an extra turn to finish at full depth and the tool gave a horrible cracking noise. I whipped the handle off and the cutting die had snapped, dragged the teeth into the workpiece, and jammed on. The pipe was knackered, the cutting head was knackered, and I was a touch upset. I had to cut the whole assembly off with an angle grinder, use a universal coupling that isn't really designed for that and finish up this nightmare task on a Sunday evening. It held pressure for the remaining years I owned the house but it wasn't a proper job.

Best part is, the next day my car wouldn't start - the fuel pump had died. I just text my boss saying "I can't come in today" and used the time to get myself straight. Top tip for destressing - just walk away.

17. kim

kim hardware addict

[​IMG]
    :happy:

Yaka, adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh cool. I got its little brother lol.

[​IMG]

I wasn't expecting anything, so imagine my surprise when I got FONV @ over 50 FPS @ 1440p ultra. Which was nice, because the Xbox version hasn't been updated or improved and so looks like poop.

Yaka, kim and adidan like this.
  19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I had a 580 for a while and was too surprised by 1440p performance.

Sold it at peak mining to fund my gtx 1080 though :)

kim and Vault-Tec like this.
  20. kim

kim hardware addict

This card is meaned to be WC in my Ryzen build, I'm actually having fun with Antares:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1175900/Antares/
    I was hoping to have better FPS than with my R9 nano, so over 50 FPS @ 1440p ultra, GREAT :naughty:

Vault-Tec likes this.