1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Since I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures and doing some videos, thought I'd best get an actual camera rather than relying on my phone.
    Sony DSC-W800 - It's an older model, so a bargain at under £70
    [​IMG]
    42"Tripod that can be used with camera or phone
    [​IMG]

A mini tripod
    [​IMG]

A light ring
    [​IMG]

SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter
    [​IMG]

Not sure how quickly that will get filled with video footage, but can always can another if need be.

adidan and Vault-Tec like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I've had nothing but trouble with Sandisk microsd cards both in phones and my camera.

It may be just bad luck on my part though.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've not had trouble with them, per say, but they were measurably slower than the Samsung ones I ended up replacing them with.

adidan likes this.
  4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Have never had a problem with either SanDisk or Samsung. That said, there are a lot of fakes out there, and as far as I know I've only ever had genuine items (I buy from Amazon but only stuff sold directly by them, not third parties).

5. adidan

Could have been but I only bought from online etailers (iirc). Who knows.

Maybe they just didn't like me, bad luck or maybe i did buy them from places i i wouldn't nowadays and my old brain has forgotten.

6. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

best way too find out is to send it sansdisk i bought 3 for my go pro all three failed and were from 3rd partys from amazon think sandisk got the sellers to stop selling them and kicked off amazon

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  7. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

[​IMG]

Got it in my test frame, it’s aesthetically very pleasing. Paired with a 1650 it’s very minimalist.

stonedsurd, Yaka, The_Crapman and 6 others like this.
  8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Ahhh, it’s a 1650... All the Aero ITX cards look the same. Definitely want an Aero myself. Either a 1060 to play with, or a 1070 to go in my M1.
    Either way, that’s a fine looking slim setup. What are you going to power it with?
    Unusual that it can take all 1151 generations.

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Got my new headphones today. Was originally going to buy Focal Elegias but, got the other ones I was looking at which are likely to sound even better, Beyerdynamic T5P Gen 2. They were more expensive than the Focals and beyond the limit I set myself but, I looked on Amazon yesterday and the price had dropped. to 120 knicker less than the Focals. They already sound fantastic just out of the box but, reviews recommend running-in so they are being fed a 24 hour playlist.
    [​IMG]
    As an aside, I am likely to soon be trying to move on my last pair and will be trying here first.

Vault-Tec, adidan and Mister_Tad like this.
  10. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That's more than I would SPEND on headphones... :eek:

adidan likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've got the same. Best pair I have. Don't have the sheer stage of the grado rs2e, but have everything else and are excellent at all types of music unlike the grado.

I still use my grado for live and classical but I packed everything else away when I got those and never looked back.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

I don't need any new tools and the pc doesn't need upgrading so, headphones are this year's upgrade. They should last for many years, Beyerdynamic build quality is high.

13. adidan

Do they fit a fat head? Bands on phones tend to squeeze on me, then again i've never spent a lot on any.

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

I've got a big head! I wear a 62cm flat cap, if that's any help.

adidan likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

I don't have a huge head but they're very comfy.

I got mine on eBay direct from a local BD distro for £430. Wish I'd got them long ago would she saved me a fortune.

They don't need an amp either and trust me I'm deaf. I'm using the razer DAC that came with the broken phone I bought from here because it's slightly louder and sounds better than the one in my phone and it's pretty much all I need.

They are ear splittingly loud even for me and I used to have 3 18" subs in my room with two macrom 10" compression horns lol.

They like reggae, D&B, rap, house, country and so on. They just don't have the stage of the rs2e but that's because they're not open back.

If I listen to Ella Fitzgerald on my grado when instruments kick in behind her it still makes me jump. It's like it's 6ft behind you.

That's the only thing I could say that the t5p don't do tbh. But they are masters of absolutely everything else and every style of music and they're beautifully built. I've had mine around 18 months and they still look like new.

Even the cables are not too tightly braided so they haven't annoyed me.

adidan likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

You'll want one of those hoover attachment stiff brushes for the case. Everything sticks.

17. adidan

:jawdrop:

Think i'll be sticking with a sore head, I just would never spend that kind of money on phones myself.

All power to you if you do choose to though, your ears, your money, your choice. :happy:

18. Vault-Tec

They were a grand at the time!!

I'd spent around £1500 on headphones and amps before that ffs. Wish I'd just saved up and got them in the first bloody place.

19. adidan

Holy guacamole earcanman!

The_Crapman likes this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The first time I heard sound through a decent set of headphones (IIRC ~£350), I actually had tears in my eyes due to the beautiful sound. Relistening to things, I noticed details I hadn't been able to hear before. Some tracks actually made my spine tingle.

When I get back into gaming properly, I might look into a new set of heaphones.