Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boddaker, 31 Dec 2008.
Yep! That's the one.
looking way better!
Beautiful.I think whatever changes you make you just make the excellent better.I'm amazed by the water tank.
Perfect, just perfect. It does fit so much better.
Fits perfect and is in pair with the window.
Thanks all. It finally "feels" right. We're super close now! Now I'm toying with turning the trident around so the three prongs point up towards the reservoirs. The bottom would still wrap under the case, and it would match the way I cut the mesh boxes. I'm just not sure how well it would cover the fan area then.
It is nicer this way. Sometimes simpler is better. Good looking.
Sweet work as always Bod, your designs and execution are very good.
Got some actual work done on the front! Was so anxious to start working on it, I neglected to take
pics of the cutting. But that's just basic stuff anyways... measure, mark, measure, cut.
After cutting and filing the edges, I proceeded to bend the bottom tips of the trident. Looking around the garage
for a suitable object to bend around, I spotted the post of my drill press, and saw how easy it was to dismantle lol.
Moments later, I had it in the vise and beating the trident into submission.
The result. The surface is a bit weathered, but it's nothing a good sanding won't cure. I'm just focusing on the
smooth curve for now.
Positioning it onto the case it looks to be about right. This will give me about a 1/2" space between
the trident and the mesh.
So I marked some holes and drilled them out.
Screwed it right into the mesh.
I removed it again and cut the top off level with the bottom of the drive bays, then drilled a 3/4" hole
for the power button. After a good sanding and clean-up, it looks like this:
I will be adding a piece of blue transparent acrylic behind the trident as well as a short tube to cover the
back side of the switch. Also have to drill some small holes to accommodate the pwr and hd leds.
More to come!
Oh my. that looks flippin' wonderful!
Looking good so far!
Looks like a bought one!
Front trident really is a work of art.
Now this is a great mod!
Maybe you could paint it satin black and murdermod sleave the wires or something?
Either way i cant wait for this mod to finish!!!
but dont rush, keep it perfect!
If you look back a few pages you will find that it's going to be painted blue .
Oh, that looks great Brian. You definitely made the right decision to change things up front.
Thanks everyone! It's going to look a lot better trust me!
Work continues on the front piece...
Marked out the location of the front IO ports.
I started by drilling out the center of the holes,
Then went in with the rotary tool to trim out towards the lines.
Finished up with a bit of filing and sanding. Once that was done, I made the mounting holes and screwed in
the port module for a test fit.
Next up is the acrylic counterpart. Stay tuned!
Separate names with a comma.