1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Metaversa: LCD goodness (small update 17/07/05)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Nexxo, 11 Apr 2003.

1. Alien

Alien What's a Dremel?

Hmmmm. It was doing as I described, & had been since I saw your post with the link, but on a hunch I did CTRL+F5 & it works ok now. Weird. :shrug:

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Well, I've skimmed and read through this entire thread in 2 sittings, but it was worth it. What a fantastic job you're doing Nexxo, and the fact that you're taking everything slowly, not rushing it just to get the job done, is great! :rock:

I'll keep checking in on this thread, and look forward to future updates :thumb:

3. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

My god...NEXXO this thing still isn't finished yet?

4. midnightoil

midnightoil What's a Dremel?

Can you rename this "CrossEyEd" cause I just finished reading this whole LOG and A: you must have a lot of patience to be at this for over 2 years. B: obvious to the pics you have a tremendous talent to both detail and to perfection...very nice ART....

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The number of posts I've made and for how long I had that in my sig? Shame on you!

PCIE is better anyways. I suppose you could think of it as PCI eXtended vs PCI Express, for that's all it really is - an extra long PCI slot that offers some extra bandwidth. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the X stood for, seeing as it does in ATX and BTX as well.

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Must say this is a VERY nice project.

7. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Only skimmed thru your log but love that LCD screen, Was telling my mate about putting LCD,s into the floppy bays a few days back, i`ll have to remember to show him this!

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

just a comment, this project started out state of the art, but now its almost like " mid-class" components. oh well, still good.

9. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

We, the people... Need an update..three months have passed. What progress Mr. Nexxo? Please give us some "fresh" pictures..be they Progress or Pimp-Shots, give us some fresh pictures..
    @mattt:
    "components" have nothing to do with a project mod. It's about innovation-modification and implementation.....(man, that's pretty good)..
    All of which this project has in spades..

Last edited: 18 Oct 2005
  10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Oh, OK, then... I have not much to show at the moment, I'm afraid. I have been busy with other things (article, book chapter and stuff) and I need to save up some money to finance some laser cutting of the side panels and other stuff. Real life keeps interfering...

Just the 5" LCD Samurize config, I'm afraid. At least I'm finally happy with it now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the functionality on it you can't really see in the pics. However I have set it so that if there is a problem with the connection, the whole LAN tile turns red. If it runs out of memory, the MEM tile turns red. When the CPUs reach 100% load, the CPU tiles turn orange. Text and bars of the temperatures turn red if they hit a bad level, and so does the Coolant text.

In theory this could run on a touch screen, with poking the tiles calling up other config screens either on the 5" or main monitor (seeing as Samurize can detect mouse-overs and mouse clicks on the meters). Perhaps one day --if I can get my hands on a 5" touch-screen...

11. ZeluR

ZeluR What's a Dremel?

:thumb: Nice work Nexxo!

Where can I buy a 5" LCD and a flow switch/meter, any links?

TIA

Last edited: 25 Oct 2005
  12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Read the project log, both your questions were answered in there.

13. ZeluR

ZeluR What's a Dremel?

I'll read it more carefull... :duh:

14. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

the problem with saying that is people dont always have 8 days they can take off from work, so reading the project log is sort of difficult.

15. ZeluR

ZeluR What's a Dremel?

:thumb: So if someone know where to buy and have some links - pls post or pm me - TIA

16. koegsmk

koegsmk What's a Dremel?

"Search this Thread" might be helpful... :search:

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I don't have 8 days to answer questions which have been answered before... :p

But for a 5" LCD screen, ZeluR, look at several threads in this forum that discuss the 5" PSOne LCD screen. There are still some about on eBay and other places.

The flowmeter is a Swissflow SF800 (the company has a website at http://www.swissflow.com ). With that name you should now be able to do a forum search here and on ProCooling.com forums where there is some interesting discussion about its specifications. On Wizard Designs forums we are organising a group buy :here:, and some more details on it are mentioned.

18. Zds

Zds What's a Dremel?

I know this has been said already hundreds of times, but after reading all the 57 pages, I have to say: awesome.

Keep up the good work :).

19. Goth

Goth What's a Dremel?

very nice mod, watched it almost from the beginning ... but yea, 3 months and no update... that sucks but still u have a nice mod

20. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

Where did you get the screen from?

I like your ideas

SORRY DIDN'T READ ALL THE THREADS

Last edited: 28 Nov 2005