1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I've made my choice, handed in resignation at current place (Honestly it feels like a stockholm syndrome kinda deal at the moment) and I feel incredibly free.

6th of December is my moving day!!!

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

After 8 years of compromising on my guitar playing for the sake of accommodating various bands and what not, I decided a month or so ago that enough is enough, walked out of the band I was in, started buying some software and prepping for solo recordings.
    Since then, I have been playing a LOT more, and a lot more technical stuff (that's fun for guitarists...). Still, I had this weird feeling of not being able to express myself musically, etc. I started playing my guitar, my picks, my lack of theory, etc.
    I spent the last few days learning about intervallic theory and trying to find a guitar that "sparks" more with me (never been a fan or Ibanez's. Least of all the RG, but my guitar is an oldish RG Prestige).
    last night, after a few beers, things came together. I am still not where I want to be, but I was comfortable enough with the entire situation to have creativity rear it's head. Determination is now bigger than before...

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The girl text me saying she almost called me at 3am because I died in her dream.

Next reply from her was "we where in a zombie apocalypse, tldr; I died whilst we where looting" p.s thanks for the assist.

This girl is amazing. Plays video games, mostly retro stuff which is cool with me I grew up on SNES/Sega etc. Need I say more.

4. Scroome

Scroome Modder

The benefits of being shacked up with a man who loves gaming.......

Although he prefers all out FPS with guns and gore.

I'm more of a story focused, with occassional guns and gore kinda guy.

5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm not that kinda guy, not really into FPS games. I haven't played a COD or Battlefield in ages. Don't find them entertaining. I'll play FPS is there's a gimmick or niche, like the Darkness or Planetside. I play mostly RPGs myself. The Mrs. is the one who'd play FPS games.

6. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Congrats DW. Just don't get used to spending the money if you plan to save. It sounds obvious. But I planned to save a few years back. My savings account balance is currently £1.26

Economising is definitely a good thing. It is something that I keep trying to do.

In other news I started a new job this week and I had a good first week. The bosses seemed to be happy too, which is nice. Hopefully next week will be as good or better.

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Just for fun I plugged my Xonar U3 into my OnePlus One using an OTG cable, and to my surprise it works incredibly well! Much louder, cleaner sound output - really driving my headphones to their limits.

I'm no audiophile, I just like volume :D

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Well the girl I am seeing went to see one her best friend this evening, mostly to talk about me. The good news is the friend approves of me, is happy that she is happy. I can't get the damn girl off my mind.

Not that that is a bad thing, but it's been two weeks since we met.

9. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I felt like my interview yesterday went pretty well. Will have to follow up next week, but the lady interviewing me liked some of the diagrams and models I brought in, which is nice. She also gave me a little test where I was supposed to document how to make a cup of tea. She said she liked how I was very detailed in the steps / considered a lot of things you normally don't care about. The position is all about technical documenting so she wanted all the details (from things such as getting the mugs, filling the kettle, etc).

10. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Play it slow and play it cool.

I've come to realise that there are just as many fast moving men as there are women, when it comes to relationships.

Slow and steady wins the race..... :)

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I just found the entire PDF Renault repair manual for my Van on an FTP server in the back of beyond! :clap: I found the Clio III version a few years ago soon after I started driving it, and the manual came in very handy on many occasions.

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Found out that a whole ton of symptoms that I fight with have been definitively listed as Marfan related. This means more help trying to find relief from them. I'm still one of the oldest, if not the oldest diagnosed at birth, but people are trying to make my life better. Even though I know this ends in death, it's easier to bear when people believe your symptoms.

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Less than an hour to go before Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Getting much excited right now.

Sam

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

This Saturday I get to see New Found Glory, a band I have been a fan off for many years and only had the chance to see them live once before.

Then the weekend after I am at Comicon, all my bits have arrived for Cosplay. Need to sort some odds and ends out but should be all sorted. Spending the weekend with a beautiful girl geeking out and taking lots of photos.

15. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Cool. Make sure to upload some :)

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

She plays video games, and she's got your back in a zombie apocalypse. Marry her.

17. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Wait.......who are you?

This more casual version of you is.....well.....casual.

Nexxo lite

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

This may not be helpful, but everything ends in death. Just make the most of the journey :thumb:

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Although I'm really struggling to make ends meet my brain seems to have engaged in the 'Scrimp because you're absolutely brassic' mode. Maybe I'll be more sensible next payday

I have put a few other items up for sale on eBay (initially reluctantly) simply because I didn't notice they had held such a high value. I'm noticing a lot of my reluctance was probably sentimental and toying with the idea of swapping a gadget I've not used for a good year for a decent sum of cash is a no brainer.

Its good for decluttering my room of the unnecessary items, I can see myself packing everything up in a few hours if relocating was necessary

Taking everyday as it comes

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I missed Scroome's post first time around. My friend I have been open and honest, told her I got a thing for her quite badly already. Some people would say I have said too much too soon. But I can't get her out of my head.

Nexxo, haha if only that was even worth contemplating right now.

Oddly a friend of mine married his girlfriend earlier this year, having been together a year. They met several years ago, both with other people at the time. Both had things for each other and stayed in contact of sorts. he was single and so was she, he asked her out and they have been living together and working together ever since.

I still find it hard that two people can spend every waking minute together. if that was me and my ex we would have killed each other.

I am hoping that this will be something long term, just got to see how things go, she lives in Surrey and I live in Wolverhampton. She works week days and I work every other weekend. The distance isn't the issue. Just that if I am with someone I would want to see them as often as I could and financially that's not viable for either of us.

I live with my parents and I believe she does too so being alone together is unlikely too. (I am thinking beyond bedroom activity in that regard.)