Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

For my sisters ex it was money and the new GF... he was in a insane amount of debt and had a verbal fight (he never have any physical fights with my sister) with his new GF the day after she moved in with him.
    The whole thing ended in a breakup.. and when she came back to pick up her stuff the day after, she found him hanging.. :(

Somehow his life insurance covered it, as the police concluded that it was not a planned suicide, so they had to pay all his debts and stuff, luckily for my sis and her kids.. (as they normally should have inherited the debt somehow..)

Last edited: 20 Apr 2015
  2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Haven't heard back from that job... damn that would of suited me down to the ground!

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Didn't you only have the interview that day?

Giving up five hours after an interview is a little premature, isn't it?

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I attempted suicide once in the early 70's for me it seemed to be the next logical step. Took a load of pills on top of alcohol went up into the countryside and fell asleep. If it had not been for a dog walker seeing me in the evening and then the following morning then I might not be hereto tell the tale. An amusing aside from all this, amusing now anyway, the police arrested me and charged me with stealing the drugs, phenobarbitone if memory serves, so perhaps not so caring then.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Was told i'd be contacted in the evening, then today nothing :( applied for about 100 jobs now!

One day we will both be considered the working class Scroome!

6. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Well turns out the docs diagnosis of kidney stones could be wrong. Now on day 2 in Torbay hospital :(

7. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Mate I feel for you. I spent 11 days there once. Not pleasant. They didn't know what was up with me either...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

8. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Broke my 100# warbow. Then I fell on it and knackered my knee. Go me.

9. Pookie

I had the pleasure of my first endoscopy today. Without a doubt one of the most horrible things I have ever gone through. They managed to get the exam done but everyone and everything in the near venicity got some stomach bile on them.

However I'm doing better than some of the other poor souls around me. Seen some very poorly people and it makes me grateful that although I'm currently unwell, I ain't gonna drop dead anytime soon (hopefully).

10. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Oh my dear boy.

According to statistics and salary, I'm most certainly middle class now........(what a load of waffle)

11. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This is a favourite debate of mine - if one must work to live, surely one is still 'working class'?

Discuss.

12. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Exactly.

How can I be middle class. Middle of what exactly?

You can't use the between rich and working class anymore, as the rich are so damn rich, the middle ground itself would be........well, rich.

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My first post in a while because i'm just so busy.

I've just got no spirit anymore, I make all kinds of mistakes because I don't feel like it's worth it anymore. The missus isn't showing any kind of decency anymore. She expects me to clean the house, cook all of the food, wash up the dishes, get the kids to and from school, do the shopping and pretty much anything that involves the home. I do literally everything and you know what? IT still isn't enough.

I'm seriously depressed. Not in the overreacting "OH i'm sad and upset, I'm sooo depressed". I'm genuinely depressed. It isn't just her that demands either; it's my family and hers. My family expects me do sort their crap out for them and if I say no, they blast me to everyone until somebody accuses me of something heinous that's just been blown out of proportion. I'm also pimped out as a PC monkey who will seemingly do everything for free. I hate doing it for free, but even if I ask for money, I don't get to keep it anyway. Everything goes on her or the kids... or the car...or the cat. I get nothing. I got a PS4 just after christmas, but I don't get any new games or anything like that. I've been playing the same games since I got it. PC included, nothing changes. I've managed to get through my massive backlog though, completed most of my PC indie games and stuff.

Being a full time dad, I don't have any friends, unless they're also full time dads. All of my friends that I know well don't have any time either, not having kids but working lots of hours and then enjoying their night life. I know I had kids too young, but I was so sure it's what I wanted. I kind of regret going too fast with my life.

I've also become incredibly dull and boring. I see people I know, friends or people from school, acquaintances etc. I chat with them and it seems like we have nothing to say. It's like "how are you?" "What are you up to?" and stuff like that. It's me, not them. I don't do anything remotely interesting that I've lost touch with everything. I have nothing to say, no anecdotes or interesting musings to speak to people about.

Ignore if you like, I just needed a place to vent. I have nowhere else to.

Last edited: 22 Apr 2015
  14. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Don't really know what the first sentence means, but the second one sounds ouch. Hope it's not a bad one.

15. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I can empathise with the 'I'm boring' stuff and the general impact kids have on your life, but you'll do yourself and your kids no good by wasting time comparing your life to other people's. Focus on having a fun nurturing relationship with your kids, cos the reality is... that's where your life is gonna be for a good long while and if you keep thinking about how your life could have been different you're set for a real **** time.

As for your relationships with your family and partner: don't make a big drama out of it but let them know you've had enough of their ****. Stand up for yourself, but in a controlled, rational manner.

16. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I love my kids and would do it all over again if I had the opportunity, but you're right in that they do **** up your social freedom to a large extent, as well as all your spare time during normal waking hours.

I was reminiscing earlier about being in my early 20s and dozing off for a few hours on my bed, in the middle of the day, bathed in a toasty shaft of summer sunlight. If I did that now, a) my wife would stamp on my balls for being a lazy deadbeat, and b) my daughter would stamp on my balls because apparently I am a trampoline.

Although they have served their ultimate purpose in life, I still value my balls enough not to risk it.

17. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

What you lot moaning about. I beat the lot,I married my ex wife now that's being a sucker for punishment

18. Pookie

That's just crazy! I'd love to hear more about how that came about :)

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Fornell, is that you?

20. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The 'mericans use # to mean pound as in 100 pound force bow. The Americans also like to use mass instead of newtons to describe force. Bunch of scallywags.