1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress AppleCoreDuo

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cyprio, 2 Dec 2006.

1. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

<shame smiley> <- mods could you add one? :)

Apologies for not having returned to this for a while. Let's just say i've been busy with lots of other things in my life that have been bringing me even more pleasure and happiness than modding did. ;)

Yes, i did re-do the interior but haven't got round to taking some professional pictures of it yet. I will post some when i have them. :)

Cyp.

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

It's good to hear from you mate. I can't wait to see the interior :D.

3. DraganUS

DraganUS What's a Dremel?

Such an awesome case mod.
    Would you be able to reupload those pictures as it looks like all links are dead.
    I cant see any pictures.

4. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

5. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Wow...this one is awesome....wish I can get my hands on this case.

6. henfjel

henfjel What's a Dremel?

you've got to get some pictures of the new interior up! i'm dying to see

7. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

Erm. Right. Not sure how to post this but...

Would anyone be interested in purchasing AppleCoreDuo? :eeek:

I truly loved making this machine and put my heart into it for over a year. However, my life has changed massively since i was a singleton modder and "life moves on" as they say. I am looking to downsize to a much smaller mini ITX or micro ATX machine (that might or might not be a new mod :)) and am really not sure what to do with AppleCoreDuo. I'd much rather it goes to a new home, gets some TLC (see below) and carries on being a centrepeice that catches people's attention. I would most likely be selling just the case as most of the hardware is up-to-date and i would be using components in my new build. The exception to this is the CPU'S watercooling that would remain as it's customised to the case.

I have no idea how one decides on a price for a unique PC case so i will leave it open to sensible offers for now. This really is a "gauging interest" post and i am not expecting to get anything more than "what the hell are you doing?" responses, as this is after all a forum for modders... who would want to buy someone else's work? ;)

Cyp.

TLC: If someone is interested i will take a series of photos that show the work that the case needs, in my opinion that is, as it's perfectly usable as it stands. Off the top of my head these are the main issues:

1. The 'external cage' could do with a new shine. Nothing some aluminium polish and some elbow grease can't fix.

2. The internal chassis (not the polished black coat on the 'inner cage') has got some chip marks from adding/removing components and could do with a new coat of matt black paint.

3. Door window: a new mechanism to attach this would be needed as the once strong double sided tape has lost its adhesive.

4. DVD drive could do with a new attachment mechanism as although the current one works fine it might seem a tad simplistic as the drive is simply resting on some bolts rather than being screwed in.

8. nagyizom

nagyizom Minimodder

Yes I would! Honestly, I love this house, one of my all time favorite! But i think, i don't have enough money to buy it...what a same:(

9. avolla

avolla Mini Water Modder

Can you throw together a list of the components you have in it? Sorry to hear about you having to sell this wonder. It was a pleasure watching this build take shape. Mod on sir.

10. Cyprio

Cyprio G5 Supermodder

As stated above i would be keeping the components, and just selling the case. Having said that i would be leaving the PSU (Corsair 550W modular), a DVD writer and the Aquaero (modded into interior). Along with a 2x120 Thermochill Rad, Laing DDC and Aquacomputer Cuplex Di block.

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Life changes, my friend. I have never sold a mod. Given a few away to promote the cause. I feel your pain though. I have gone from 3300 square feet/ 13 room house to one room of 192 sq ft. Big dorm room. It is up to you to place a value on your creativeness(and there is a LOT of it).
    I watch.

john

12. dark4181

dark4181 Ero-sennin-tebayo

If I was in the UK I would definitely buy it.. Sadly, not something I can afford as matters stand. I need to get busy and mod the G5 case that's been sitting in my closet for 3 years O.O